PDA

View Full Version : Google Apps

LL2
04-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok, I need a little help here. I'm not the most computer literate person. I signed up for a trial of Google Apps to check it out. Has anyone else used it? I've been using gmail for over a year a love it, so I thought I would try Google Apps. Well, what I did is I signed up for google apps using my business email address (since google give unlimited storage) but they requested I create a gmail address. This confused me but did it anyways. I did this about a week ago, and tonight I signed in under that name to start experimenting with Google Apps and in took me to gmail. Shouldn't it take you to the different apps? I know Google Apps has spreadsheets, a word program...not exactly sure what else. I'm hoping I can use this for my business because I like the fact that it's web based and not server based or on a hard drive. So, I can access it from any computer with internet. If you use Google Apps what are the pros and cons and if possible point me in the direction to try using it. Thanks!

Partial
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I use their suite all the time. Its awesome.

Partial
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
i cannot respond to your PM for whatever reason, but when you log-in to gmail, they have the apps across the top as links. Click on the documents tab to get the spreadsheet, etc.

LL2
04-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Google has just extended the free trial of Google Apps to the end of May for anyone interested in trying it. I'm starting to get to know it a little and like it so far.