PDA

View Full Version : Ten games not to be missed

packinpatland
04-12-2007, 10:33 AM
According to Adam Sheffner:

Nov. 29, Thursday night, Green Bay at Dallas: A huge thank you from all the fine folks at NFL Network to the league's schedule-maker. Two of the NFL's most storied franchises, Brett Favre versus Tony Romo, and Terrell Owens in any primetime game. Last time T.O. was on the Network, spit happened.

This is alittle better than Banks at SI saying the Patriot/Cowboys game is a must watch do to their rock starlike QB's.
Brady? ok. But Romo needs abit more time to qualify as 'rock star' :lol:

LL2
04-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I heard the Bears will get 5 primetime games. Not that they deserve any, but for folks like me in the Chicago market that is good. When the Packer and Bears do not play at the same time the Packers are on tv. Which means I can watch more Packer games at home instead of at a sports bar.

packinpatland
04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Then there's this guy's take.
Check what he says on weeks 6,11,15, and 17.
Downright cruel! Hope he has to eat, almost, every word!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6672262

MadScientist
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Given the NFL-N greed induced lack of availability, this game and any others on that network fall under the topic of games that can't be seen. :x

packinpatland
04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Given the NFL-N greed induced lack of availability, this game and any others on that network fall under the topic of games that can't be seen. :x

This is Peter King's take on Rich Eisen's explanation of the NFL-N situation.

The stars have come out today. Two friends in the business check in with observations I thought I'd pass along -- the first from NFL Network host Rich Eisen about the frustration of some readers not being able to get the network on their cable systems. And Rick Gosselin, the draft maven who writes about the league so well for the Dallas Morning News. I'll let them start, and then move on with your e-mails:

IT'S NOT OUR FAULT, WHICH I THINK WE'VE ALL HEARD BEFORE. From Rich Eisen of Los Angeles: "Read your column, as always, and felt compelled to chime in on the e-mail one of your readers sent in about NFL Network and its somewhat twisted logic, if not misplaced anger. First, NFL Network is on cable. In many places. It's just not available in places where you or Tom Wall from Chapel Hill, N.C., live. But I understand the spirit of the e-mail.

If the NFL allowed NFL Network to be distributed in the manner that certain cable companies desire, like Tom's TW Cable or your Cablevision, then NFL Network would be on a pay tier -- as in an extra $8 or $9 PER MONTH. And we'd be on a tier with many channels you've never heard of. At that point, I'd imagine Tom would write you with outrage that the NFL was making him pay that amount of money to get the channel.

Believe me, NFL Network would be available to Tom on his cable system right now if we had our way. It seems more appropriate for Tom to wonder about the dissatisfaction the cable companies have created by NFL Network not being on his cable system, instead of the other way around. By the way, if we got on Tom's system the way we prefer, it would cost Tom the price of a movie ticket over the entire year, as opposed to nearly that much every month.''

The one thing I don't feel good about in this battle, Rich, is that there was a deadline last year -- in September when the season opened -- and it never got close to being settled. It doesn't lead me to believe it will be resolved any time soon, and nothing I heard at the league meetings last month suggested otherwise

GrnBay007
04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I heard the Bears will get 5 primetime games. Not that they deserve any, but for folks like me in the Chicago market that is good. When the Packer and Bears do not play at the same time the Packers are on tv. Which means I can watch more Packer games at home instead of at a sports bar.

Yep, looks like they get 5. Poor Rex!! :P

BEARS 2007 SCHEDULE

Sun, Sep 9 at San Diego Tickets NL 4:15 PM

2 Sun, Sep 16 Kansas City Tickets NL 4:15 PM

3 Sun, Sep 23 Dallas Tickets NL 8:15 PM

4 Sun, Sep 30 at Detroit Tickets NL 1:00 PM

5 Sun, Oct 7 at Green Bay Tickets NL 8:15 PM

6 Sun, Oct 14 Minnesota Tickets NL 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 21 at Philadelphia Tickets NL 4:15 PM

8 Sun, Oct 28 Detroit Tickets NL 1:00 PM

9BYE WEEK

10 Sun, Nov 11 at Oakland Tickets NL 4:15 PM

11 Sun, Nov 18 at Seattle Tickets NL 8:15 PM

12 Sun, Nov 25 Denver Tickets NL 1:00 PM

13 Sun, Dec 2 NY Giants Tickets NL 4:15 PM

14 Thu, Dec 6 at Washington Tickets NL 8:15 PM

15 Mon, Dec 17 at Minnesota Tickets NL 8:30 PM

16 Sun, Dec 23 Green Bay Tickets NL 1:00 PM

17 Sun, Dec 30 New Orleans Tickets NL 1:00 PM

Jimx29
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Hoping the wrex is still at the helm, that schedule is 8-8 at best for da cubs

packinpatland
04-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Hoping the wrex is still at the helm, that schedule is 8-8 at best for da cubs

I love that! The 'wrex'! Very good.

cpk1994
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM

This is Peter King's take on Rich Eisen's explanation of the NFL-N situation.

The stars have come out today. Two friends in the business check in with observations I thought I'd pass along -- the first from NFL Network host Rich Eisen about the frustration of some readers not being able to get the network on their cable systems. And Rick Gosselin, the draft maven who writes about the league so well for the Dallas Morning News. I'll let them start, and then move on with your e-mails:

IT'S NOT OUR FAULT, WHICH I THINK WE'VE ALL HEARD BEFORE. From Rich Eisen of Los Angeles: "Read your column, as always, and felt compelled to chime in on the e-mail one of your readers sent in about NFL Network and its somewhat twisted logic, if not misplaced anger. First, NFL Network is on cable. In many places. It's just not available in places where you or Tom Wall from Chapel Hill, N.C., live. But I understand the spirit of the e-mail.

If the NFL allowed NFL Network to be distributed in the manner that certain cable companies desire, like Tom's TW Cable or your Cablevision, then NFL Network would be on a pay tier -- as in an extra $8 or $9 PER MONTH. And we'd be on a tier with many channels you've never heard of. At that point, I'd imagine Tom would write you with outrage that the NFL was making him pay that amount of money to get the channel.

Believe me, NFL Network would be available to Tom on his cable system right now if we had our way. It seems more appropriate for Tom to wonder about the dissatisfaction the cable companies have created by NFL Network not being on his cable system, instead of the other way around. By the way, if we got on Tom's system the way we prefer, it would cost Tom the price of a movie ticket over the entire year, as opposed to nearly that much every month.''

The one thing I don't feel good about in this battle, Rich, is that there was a deadline last year -- in September when the season opened -- and it never got close to being settled. It doesn't lead me to believe it will be resolved any time soon, and nothing I heard at the league meetings last month suggested otherwise

Note to Rich Eisen, I know you are just kissing the NFLs ass, but up where I live if the "cable companies have tier way", as you say, it would be with ESPNews, Fox Soccer Channel and Fox College Sports. I think I have heard of theose channels very well, thank you. And if you get your way, Grandma down the street wiull have to pay for your channel when she doesn't even watch it. Just prvfes the kind of tool that Rich Eisen has become and the fact that he left his personality at ESPN.

CaptainKickass
04-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I dunno who it was - but somebody here posted it this way - and this is the way I vote for it to "officially" be.

"WRECKS GROSSMAN"

MadScientist
04-13-2007, 03:02 PM
The other thing is that the NFL-N is jacked its prices way up since they announced that they would carry the games. They want to charge the big cable companies about 3x what they are charging Direct TV, which would force yet another rate hike, so naturally they cable companies are balking at the price. I can't blame the cable companies too much on this one, the NFL is being seriously greedy.