PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe Hangs It Up

Partial
04-13-2007, 07:09 AM
:glug: to a true professional.

Brando19
04-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Cincinnati was seriously interested in him to be the backup to Palmer and Bledsoe was considering it....but chose to retire.

LL2
04-13-2007, 09:31 AM
The only bummer for him is that he got his SB ring as a backup. For someone that was a start for so long that has to suck.

swede
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
After Bledsoe's rookie season McDonald's had been running an ad campaign featuring a couple of twenty-something slacker dudes. One ad featured Bledsoe and he was addressed as "Future-Hall-of Fame-Face". He threw for tons of yards early in his career, and because of that he was an early QB pick in a lot of fantasy drafts in the early 90's. I wonder what happened to change him from a fast-track to Canton QB into just a guy?

Anyway, I appreciate the class he always showed, especially considering his personal life and professional career were filled with challenges.

packinpatland
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Bledsoe is one VERY classy guy. When he left New England, he took out a full page in the Boston Globe and thanked the Patriot fans being so supportive while he was there. I don't remember the words, but do remember him being quite eloquent and sincere.

packers11
04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
one question... how in the hell did he get so slow... ditto with kurt warner...

It seems like they went from age 25 to age 75 in the matter of 1-2 years...

Brando19
04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Bledsoe is one VERY classy guy. When he left New England, he took out a full page in the Boston Globe and thanked the Patriot fans being so supportive while he was there. I don't remember the words, but do remember him being quite eloquent and sincere.

I heard a rumor where they are thinking about retiring his number in New England.

KYPack
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Couple things,

Saw him play as a rookie and I held similar HOF feelings. He was a great rookie and could make all the the throws. His carrer took several odd turns and there's no way he should be considered for Canton.

This AM a sports radio Jock seriously maintained that Bledsoe should be in the HOF. I scoffed, then remembered I once thought Drew might make it. It's funny how some talented players somehow never reach their potential.

esoxx
04-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I bet NE still rues the day they picked him over Rick Mirer. Oh what could have been.

cpk1994
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
The only bummer for him is that he got his SB ring as a backup. For someone that was a start for so long that has to suck.
Well, considering he led the team to a victory in the AFC Championship game that year, I don't think it sucks too bad.

Pacopete4
04-14-2007, 02:48 AM
i dont understand the rips on Bledsoe.. and no I wont be comparing him to Favre in a talent way but he has been just as classy and very fun to watch when he was in his prime.. hes a good guy and a very above average QB. I still really dont agree what they did to him in NE.. even though Brady is the shit, I still think they win that SB with Bledsoe.. people need to realize what they are saying about a man that accomplished a ton in the NFL..

packinpatland
04-14-2007, 08:01 AM
I remember a few years ago, actually more than a few. There was a football piece done on the 'young guns' of the NFL. One of the comments made about Bledsoe was that he had tremendous talent and even Drew himself didn't know how good he was, or was going to be.

KYPack
04-14-2007, 04:17 PM
It just shows you that talent ain't enough. There are intangibles that make the great player. And Drew was a very good QB that could have been a HOFer.

I believe he got screwed by the move to Buffalo. The Bills appeared on the edhge of titles, but they didn't support Bledsoe with proper troops to allow him to win.

He is a classy talented guy that just didn't quite get there.