PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook owes Philly $3 million

Brando19
04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I found this on PFT...interesting:

It's time to add another page or two to the "there's a first time for everything" file. According to ComcastSportsNet.com, the Eagles inadvertently paid running back Brian Westbrook an extra $3 million in 2006, and that Westbrook has yet to pay it back.

Westbrook reportedly intends to refund the money. Because he has yet to cut the check, the Eagles have filed a grievance in order to ensure that the money will be paid.

But why in the world didn't Westbrook say something about the overpayment sooner? At a minimum, his agent should have noticed it. Did Westbrook simply regard the payment as free money? Like a $20 that he found in the parking lot at the Olive Garden?

We've got a weird feeling that there's more to this story. The Eagles, with one of the best and the brightest front offices in the league, don't make mistakes like this.

Scott Campbell
04-14-2007, 12:08 AM
But why in the world didn't Westbrook say something about the overpayment sooner?

That's the first question that PFT asked???????

Wouldn't normal people ask how the Philidelphia Eagles football organization screwed up in the first place.

Rastak
04-14-2007, 12:37 AM
But why in the world didn't Westbrook say something about the overpayment sooner?

Wouldn't normal people ask how the Philidelphia Eagles football organization screwed up in the first place.

No kidding....oops, we paid out 3 large inadvertantly.....

Yikes...

esoxx
04-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Philly wouldn't pony up to keep Reggie White in town but they overpay Westbrook $3 mil and don't notice.

Okay.

Guiness
04-14-2007, 04:43 AM

No kidding....oops, we paid out 3 large inadvertantly.....

Yikes...
Well that saying has changed...when I was growing up, '3 large' would've meant $3000. I guess it doesn't go as far as it used to!

RashanGary
04-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't be suprised at all if it was an accident that was meant to slip by the salary cap; I don't know if that is what everyone is thinking here.

KYPack
04-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Let's send a bill to Joe Johnson immediately!

We overpaid that sumbitch every penny we paid him.

Fritz
04-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, while we're at it, anybody got Cletidus Hunt's phone number?

MJZiggy
04-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Like he's got any of that money left... :roll:

Fritz
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Maybe he can get Ted some killer Columbian. Loosen him up so he can start tossing some more cash around and make Bretsky happy!