04-14-2007, 11:57 AM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2847

Predict the win/loss against each team.

2006 SportsNation Prediction: 10-6
2006 Green Bay Packers record: 8-8

oregonpackfan
04-14-2007, 12:16 PM
My predictions put the Packers at 10-6.

For the NFC games, I have the Packers sweeping the Lions and the Vikings and splitting the series with the Bears. My predictions are that the Packers and Bears will be co-winners of the NFC-North.

b bulldog
04-14-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm at 8-8

Chubbyhubby
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
My predicion is 9-7

Brando19
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
8-8 again

BEARMAN
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
8-8 at best, prolly more like 6-10 IMO :twisted:

Brando19
04-14-2007, 03:06 PM
8-8 at best, prolly more like 6-10 IMO :twisted:

Let's see...who was the last team to get their ass beat by the Pack?.....oh yeah...the Bears! :lol:

MJZiggy
04-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey, Bearman!! Nice offseason you guys are having there. So, ya think Tank's gonna be out for the whole season or just most of it? And I think Rivera's gonna look really good in his new team colors....

btw, you could check your pm once in a while...

oregonpackfan
04-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey Bearman,

When the football season comes around, you might consider taking an early hibernation rather than stay awake for the Bears' football season.

The team is slowly, but sure, unravelling. By the end of the season, there will be plenty of new bear rugs in front of fire places.

b bulldog
04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I was beginning to think he did something irrational after the Packers beatdown of the Bears. Nice to know your still day to day like us all.

The Shadow
04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Did the Bears get a real quarterback yet?

Guiness
04-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Hey, Bearman!! Nice offseason you guys are having there. So, ya think Tank's gonna be out for the whole season or just most of it? And I think Rivera's gonna look really good in his new team colors....

btw, you could check your pm once in a while...

At first I read Riviera, as in Marco and thought I missed something!!!

BallHawk
04-15-2007, 07:45 AM
I got 10-6. Sweep the Vikes, Lions, and split with the Bears.

Brando19
04-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I got 10-6. Sweep the Vikes, Lions, and split with the Bears.

I look for us to split with the Vikings.

Merlin
04-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I am going on out a limb here and say that the Packers will go 5-1 (again) in the division (losing to the Lions on Thanksgiving).

I think the Bears got a reality check the last game of the season against us. Naysayers think the Bears didn't bring their "A" game, I disagree. Lovie Smith isn't going to lay down and take a loss to the Packers, ever. Their #1 defense played the entire first half and they got torched. Their offense can't score without a quarterback that can play the game and they don't have one on their roster. The are relying on Benson to carry the running game and he is not really proven he is a premier back and there is no one really to help carry the load there if he stumbles. They have Hester and he will be dangerous but other then that, their defense has been exposed and without Rivera, it won't be as good as it was. Their defense has slowly but surely been exposed over the past two seasons. I predict the Bears slip to 8-8 or worse this season.

As long as Matt Millen is running the show in Detroit, the Lions won't reach .500.

The Vikings are worse this season then last. They have Childress as a coach and an owner that doesn't know shit about football. They don't have a chance to be anywhere near .500.

The Packers will take the division back this season, Maybe it will be at 8-8 or 9-7, but they will rule the division once more. I don't see a deep playoff run or anything like that but I see us in the playoffs and Favre around in 2008 because of it.

Face it, we are in arguably the worst division in the NFL. The Bears are smoke and mirrors, the Lions have never been any good and the Vikings have fallen so far that it will take years for them to be competitive again. We have a tough schedule, tougher than probably any other 8-8 team out there. We always manage to win games we shouldn't and lose games we shouldn't. I am hoping that this year, we surprise people and win the ones we shouldn't and don't lose any we should win. It would be nice to buck the trend of the new millennium and not go 0-4 to start the season.

BananaMan
04-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Philadelphia Eagles - L
@ New York Giants - W
San Diego Chargers - L
@ Minnesota Vikings - W
Chicago Bears - L
Washington Redskins - W
@ Denver Broncos - L
@ Kansas City Chiefs - L
Minnesota Vikings - W
Carolina Panthers - W
@ Detroit Lions - W
@ Dallas Cowboys - L
Oakland Raiders - W
@ St. Louis Rams - W
@ Chicago Bears - L
Detroit Lions - W

Final: 9-7

I went back and forth on the Chiefs and Cowboys.

I think the lowest record we'll get is 7-9, highest 11-5.

The beginning of the season is the toughest. If we can go .500 over the first 8 games then that will be quite the accomplishment. We should be able to finish out the season with a lot of wins, though.

Brando19
04-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Philadelphia Eagles - W
@ New York Giants - L
San Diego Chargers - L
@ Minnesota Vikings - L
Chicago Bears - W
Washington Redskins - W
@ Denver Broncos - L
@ Kansas City Chiefs - W
Minnesota Vikings - W
Carolina Panthers - L
@ Detroit Lions - W
@ Dallas Cowboys - L
Oakland Raiders - W
@ St. Louis Rams - L
@ Chicago Bears - L
Detroit Lions - W

8-8. I don't see us sweeping the Vikings, I don't see us going to Denver and winning, but I do think we can go into KC and win (it'll be very tough because it's in KC), and I think the Panthers will defeat us at Lambeau.

GrnBay007
04-15-2007, 12:10 PM
The beginning of the season is the toughest. If we can go .500 over the first 8 games then that will be quite the accomplishment. We should be able to finish out the season with a lot of wins, though.

The first part of the season just might be a pretty good gauge as to whether the rookies are stepping up and just how good the Packer team is overall since the last several years they have started out sluggish and looked better later in the season. Might also reflect on a different coaching style as well.

RashanGary
04-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Outside of the Bears and the Chargers I don't see too many gauranteed losses.

We had the youngest team in the league last year. We should be much better just with growth.

If Jennings and/or Hawk establish themselves as legit probowl players we will be right there with the dangerous teams in the NFC.

I'm not nearly as worried as many here. We do need a good draft though; we're eventually going to run out of ways to push money forward so we have to get some guys that we want to keep around pretty quickly.

GrnBay007
04-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm going 11-5.

One thing that surprised me a bit on the poll from ESPN is that 86.0% predicted the Charger game as a loss. Not saying it's a win for sure but the high percentage that predict the Charger game to be a loss. They have a new coach and it's a home game. I wouldn't be surprised with an upset here at all.

Brando19
04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm going 11-5.

One thing that surprised me a bit on the poll from ESPN is that 86.0% predicted the Charger game as a loss. Not saying it's a win for sure but the high percentage that predict the Charger game to be a loss. They have a new coach and it's a home game. I wouldn't be surprised with an upset here at all.

With the team like San Diego...I don't think the coaching change will matter. They'll be contenders to go to the Super Bowl and will likely lose 3 or 4 games at most. LT is unstoppable and their defense is superb.

GrnBay007
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm going 11-5.

With the team like San Diego...I don't think the coaching change will matter. They'll be contenders to go to the Super Bowl and will likely lose 3 or 4 games at most. LT is unstoppable and their defense is superb.

A lil side bet? :D :P lol

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 02:19 PM
i'D TAKE THAT SIDE BET

GrnBay007
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
i'D TAKE THAT SIDE BET

lol OK, lets talk when the season starts. :P

Better talk to Bretsky though....he's still making good on his bets with me from last season...lol :jig:

packerbacker1234
04-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Philadelphia Eagles - W
@ New York Giants - W
San Diego Chargers - L
@ Minnesota Vikings - W
Chicago Bears - W
Washington Redskins - W
@ Denver Broncos - L
@ Kansas City Chiefs - L
Minnesota Vikings - W
Carolina Panthers - W
@ Detroit Lions - W
@ Dallas Cowboys - L
Oakland Raiders - W
@ St. Louis Rams - W
@ Chicago Bears - W
Detroit Lions - W

Final record: 12-4. However, I think we'll blow a game we should of won and finish 11-5. I think we'll sweep the division. Lions suck, Vikings play tough, but we'll pull it out. Bears are a toss up... that is until I saw there starter is still sexy rexy.

I wouldn't be "shocked" to see us beat the chargers, but out of all of our games this year they are the toughest test.

Brando19
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm going 11-5.

A lil side bet? :D :P lol

Maybe a bet in which we have to change our Avatar to anything the other person chooses for one month?

mmmdk
04-16-2007, 06:30 PM
When Packers have a RB & TE, for starters, I may go beyond a 7-9 record. Yet 7-9 it is as of now.

Bretsky
04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm going 11-5.

Are you drunk again ? lol

Bretsky
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
i'D TAKE THAT SIDE BET

lol OK, lets talk when the season starts. :P

Better talk to Bretsky though....he's still making good on his bets with me from last season...lol :jig:

Watch it Bull; she wins one out of five bets :lol:

A bit slow to pay up on her debts though

But at least she's now wearing Cardinal Red and White now

Cheers,
B

pack4to84
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I have Gb at 11-5 also. Going 6-0 in division.

b bulldog
04-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I said 8-8 but I'm now leaning towards 7-9 :(

retailguy
04-16-2007, 09:29 PM

I'll be absolutely delighted at 7-9. :cry:

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Predictions before the draft. Gotta love it.

falco
04-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Predictions before the draft. Gotta love it.

they're no less accurate than predictions after the draft. the age of parity means anything can happen.

4and12to12and4
04-16-2007, 10:42 PM

I'll be absolutely delighted at 7-9. :cry:

How could you get any delight in having one less loss this coming year than last year, when all the rookies are one more year experienced. I couldn't be delighted by going backwards. I couldn't be delighted unless we show progress, not recession. I predict 10-6, and 4-2 in the division. We will lose to the Bears once and the Lions once, and sweep the Vikings. The Chargers are an interesting team, because their style of offense is condusive to our defense, in that, we are a break but don't bend run defense, and are excellent at keeping our gap responsibilities. I think we have a very good chance to beat this team which has an entire new coaching staff.