PDA

View Full Version : Gosh, it seems strange

packinpatland
04-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Sure is weird checking the clearance and sale items at the GB Pro Shop....................and seeing all those #30 shirts!

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Maybe Nelson will have 30 on his back.

Brando19
04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I had a dream last night that the Packers chose Nelson. I still say they pick Lynch.

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I had a dream they chose me. A 6'1", 210lbs S who ran, I repeat, ran a 4.6/40. I would still be too slow, even at my best :( Life isn't fair :lol:

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Now I wouldn't probably beat the slimmed down version(COUGH,COUGH)of Grady Jackson.

MJZiggy
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I had a dream they chose me. A 6'1", 210lbs S who ran, I repeat, ran a 4.6/40. I would still be too slow, even at my best :( Life isn't fair :lol:

You had a better shot than I did...

ND72
04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
my freshman year of college, I messured in at 6'5" 285 pounds, Benched 225 27 times, as a freshman, squated 450. 3 ankle injuries, 4 shoulder injuries, and 2 knee injuries later....I coach :lol:

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
My biggest problem was that I was lazy and didn't like the weight room till I was in my mid to late twenties. The best player I ever seen in my area was a guy who graduated with me. He was only 5'9" and only weighed 160lbs but he could bench 325 as a senior and ran a 4,48/40. If he was even normal size, he could have been a decent division one player. My other good friend was honorable mention allstate as a soph at the TE position. He was getting letters from every big time college in the Big 12, Big 10 and some from the ACC but he also got lazy and petered out way before he ever should have. You combine the heart of the little guy and the body of the other and you would have had a much saught after football player who could have named the place where he wanted to go to school but I think everyone knows people like this. Problem is that when your in school, you play your sport, lift like crazy and do your speed drills in the offseason and do it over and over again till you graduate or you have some fun, put a few down with the ladies and all you end up doing is playing a few years after highschool if your lucky and than wishing you knew than what you know now. :cry: :cry:

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 03:20 PM
You do have some funky knees. You look knockkneed?. My father-in-law has those knees and he can't run.

ND72
04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I look knock-kneed because of my build. I have "skinny" knees, and big Quads/calves. My body grew wide, and my knees didn't wanna go with it. My frosh year our starting LT at WSU had knock knees really badly...it was almost comical, and his nickname was "knocknee".

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
My best in HS was 225 9 times along with a 400lbs squat. We never measured the vert jump but at 6'1" I could dunk and standing directly underneath the basket, I could jump up and grab the rim with both hands. Must have been a 30-33" vert jump.

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
My wife went to Winona St. She recieved her nursing degree there.I think we will being going to that area this autumn to see them play. They have sure turned things around athleticly.

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 03:27 PM
My buddy who had a hell of a soph year squatted 410 as a soph and as a senior squatted 425. He just basicly quit after his soph season and he was an extremely good kid.

GrnBay007
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Problem is that when your in school, you play your sport, lift like crazy and do your speed drills in the offseason and do it over and over again till you graduate or you have some fun, put a few down with the ladies and all you end up doing is playing a few years after highschool if your lucky and than wishing you knew than what you know now. :cry: :cry:

What is it you wish you knew then that you know now?

b bulldog
04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
So now I'm a friggin moron :oops:

BF4MVP
04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
You could have run down Dwayne Jarrett :lol:

Joemailman
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
I had a dream last night that the Packers chose Nelson. I still say they pick Lynch.

Man, you need to take some time off from the forum. When your dreams are about who the Packers will draft, that could be a sign that things are coming a bit unhinged. :D

OS PA
04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
my freshman year of college, I messured in at 6'5" 285 pounds, Benched 225 27 times, as a freshman, squated 450. 3 ankle injuries, 4 shoulder injuries, and 2 knee injuries later....I coach :lol:

If I ever had the heart or motivation to get into shape and play ball i'd be alot to handle, but nothing got me going early in highschool, and now i'm a Sophomore in college who's a 6'2 270 lb waste of athletic talent!

jconnor99
04-15-2007, 05:55 PM
ND72 Do you still follow Winona State football? And if so have you watched Shawn Cunningham play? He is a starting DB I think, and was a freind of my brothers in highschool. I havent seen him play or heard to much about him since he went their. I know he has garnished some honors but not sure what. Just wondering if you have any feedback on his play.

ND72
04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
ND72 Do you still follow Winona State football? And if so have you watched Shawn Cunningham play? He is a starting DB I think, and was a freind of my brothers in highschool. I havent seen him play or heard to much about him since he went their. I know he has garnished some honors but not sure what. Just wondering if you have any feedback on his play.'

Yeah I try to keep up to date with WSU sports as much as I can. Shawn Cunningham sounds familiar. WSU actually broadcasts it's games on their website (www.winona.edu/athletics) in the fall. My class was considered the "future of WSU Football" when we got there. There were 43 of us. When we got there, the field was crap, seated 1,00 people, called it the "tin can" cause it was just surrounded by metal walls like a junk yard. Now, they have field turf, brand new press box with club boxes, seats around 8,000 people, blacktoped around where people walk, slowly renavating hte outside into all stone. Really great field now, and great atmosphere. Their gym is crap, which is funny since their Basketball team is insane. My junior year we raised the money and funding to have a new gym/PE area built, but they still haven't built it. WSU just expanded to 24 Full Ride schalorships...when I was a freshman, they had 14. They are really trying to push so if you aren't going ot Madison on schalorship, you're going to winona State, since it's the "closest" D-2 program to Wisconsin.

GrnBay007
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
ND, check your PM please.

Brando19
04-15-2007, 07:08 PM

Man, you need to take some time off from the forum. When your dreams are about who the Packers will draft, that could be a sign that things are coming a bit unhinged. :D

Lol...no doubt, man. I need to get out a little more!

the_idle_threat
04-16-2007, 12:11 AM

If I ever had the heart or motivation to get into shape and play ball i'd be alot to handle, but nothing got me going early in highschool, and now i'm a Sophomore in college who's a 6'2 270 lb waste of athletic talent!

Play rugby, buddy! That's what I did at that height and weight when I was in college, and it was a blast!

OS PA
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Play rugby, buddy! That's what I did at that height and weight when I was in college, and it was a blast!

Actually the two roommates i've had in College are both Rugby players, and they tried to get me, but I too much of an American football fan to learn its game of origin.

the_idle_threat
04-16-2007, 02:11 AM

Actually the two roommates i've had in College are both Rugby players, and they tried to get me, but I too much of an American football fan to learn its game of origin.

I'm tellin ya, they play in fall and in spring, and they're always lookin for a big guy to play prop. Tell em you're green as grass and they'll coach you up in no time.

If you're at Luther College ... that's division 3 (at least it was when I played against them a few years back) so the level of competition won't require much playing experience. Many division 3 teams in Eastern IA don't even know whether they'll have enough guys to field a team from week to week. :!: I think I played as a "whore" for Luther on at least one occasion at a tourney! :lol:

If it's not your thing, then cool, but the opportunity is definitely there.