PDA

View Full Version : The Bust of the top five?

Charles Woodson
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Poll of the night :razz:

Who do you think will be the top five bust?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I voted Hawk.

ND72
04-27-2006, 09:15 PM
"super Mario" = "super Bust"

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 09:16 PM
"super Mario" = "super Bust"

Michael Huff = "super star" :mrgreen:

ND72
04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
not going to fight you on that one at all Polar Bear. i just prefer Hawk...unless we trade down to 7.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Some are just stupid.

I voted for Davis, he has the least experience out of them all.

VegasPackFan
04-27-2006, 09:30 PM
I say Mario because for a guy with some inconsistent play, etc., they have him being the greatest DE ever already.

If he lacks heart and work ethic, (which he may) he could bomb.

oregonpackfan
04-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I say Vince Young. He will not be allowed to run with the ball like he did in college. Mostly, he will have difficulty reading defenses and mastering a far more complex playbook than he was used to in college.

Oregonpackfan

b bulldog
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Cutler was my choice

Guiness
04-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Except I don't think Cutler will go top 5.

I voted Young because I think he won't be able to take control of the game the way he did in college. If a team is expecting him to do that, they'll be disappointed.

My second place vote would be for Bush, because I'm not so sure he'll hack in in the NFL. Picture this scenario:

Houston drafts Bush. They also decide to pick up Grady for the league minimum for some depth.

Training camp, Bush tries to run a draw play between the tackles. Grady pushes the center right back into him, and all three go down in a heap. Bush is on the bottom, and pulls a Ki-Jana, sitting out the whole season.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I voted for Hawk. Although outside of Bush, I think they all will be a bust. They are too over hyped, all of them. It's hard to live up to the expectations of media hype, it get's worse every year.

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
O.K. 50% of the Bush vote came from Moi. Don't form a posse - hear me out!?!

Look, I know shit-little about this game, I never ever wore a helmet. But, I see this kid's physical attributes, and I go WOW. This kid needs to hustle or die!

Hey, just a vote!

swede
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I voted Bush before I read your post, Tar.

People are always trying to make the top draft pick into somebody alse: Barry Sanders or LaDanian.

He could just as easily be KiJana Carter.

Guiness
04-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I voted for Hawk. Although outside of Bush, I think they all will be a bust. They are too over hyped, all of them. It's hard to live up to the expectations of media hype, it get's worse every year.

I agree with that. The way they are talked about, you almost expect each and everyone of them to be pro-bowl bound.

Look at the top 5 from some older drafts, that can be properly evaluated.

1 Cleveland Courtney Brown DE Penn State
2 Washington LaVar Arrington OLB Penn State
3 Washington Chris Samuels T Alabama
4 Cincinnati Peter Warrick WR Florida State
5 Baltimore Jamal Lewis RB Tennessee

Warrick and Brown were disappointments. How did Samuels fare? I really don't know.

1 Cleveland Tim Couch QB Kentucky
2 Philadelphia Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse
3 Cincinnati Akili Smith QB Oregon
4 Indianapolis Edgerrin James RB Miami
5 New Orleans Ricky Williams RB Texas

Couch, Smith, Williams. Williams showed flashes, but well...y'know.

98 was much the same (Forget Leaf. Curtis Enis anyone?), and so on. So top 5 is far from guaranteed. This is a very pertinent thread.

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Me and Swede agree, Bush aint worth it! We'll either fry together, or(far more likely) be the ONLY rats that qualify for "tol'ya'll'so" status after the draft!

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
There was a third vote for Bush so you wouldn't be the ONLY ones.

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 11:50 AM
The forth came from me. :twisted:

Guiness
04-28-2006, 12:01 PM
wow. Bush-Haters-R'us.

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 12:04 PM
wow. Bush-Haters-R'us.

Oh don't get me wrong...bush ain't bad. But R. Bush will be just as big as flop as G. Bush is. :twisted:

OS PA
04-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Even if he flops as an ordinary running back there is no possible way Reggie Bush will flop as a kick/punt returner. Sub 4.35 speed with his athleticism and running style, that's special. I expect him to make the pro-bowl this year as a KR if not a RB. He will single handedly make any team better by field position =).

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I chose him not because he'll flop, but because without the superior USC o-line blocking for him, he'll be injured by the third game. Maybe I'm wrong. It's just a guess.

Guiness
04-28-2006, 01:17 PM
you gave him more credit than me Zig.

I said he wouldn't make it through training camp.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I think Bush would be a good return threat at a minimum. His speed and quickness are phenominal, durability, who knows.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2006, 02:48 PM
I voted Leinart because i compare him to Ken dorsey. He had the best fucking talent around him and of course he looked good. Put him with a bad team and we will see what happens. but just think

Arguably the best O-line this year
Arguably one of the best duo running back in college history
Amazing recivers
And a good fullback.

I mean so you put the pieces together. I mean im not saying that he sucks, im saying that he wont be nearly as good as he was in college