PDA

View Full Version : Talked to someone connected with the Packers training staff

RashanGary
04-15-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't mean to be vague here but I ran into a person who was closely connected with the Packers training. I didn't ask too many questions but the one that I did ask IMO was a pretty interesting one.

I asked if the Packers use HGH or other performance enhancers and the response I got was a generally uncomfortable one but it was this..

"I just shook my head in disappoinment at some of the things I saw"

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Okay, I read this twice, but it still lacks any coherency to me.

esoxx
04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
That's funny HW b/c the exact same thing happened to me!

RashanGary
04-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Okay, I read this twice, but it still lacks any coherency to me.

I asked if they did HGH or other performance enhancers adn teh person said "I just shook my head (at the activity is how I took it)

Small bit of info and a lot of blabber by me I guess.

RashanGary
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
The quote lacks any real substance but if you would have been there seeing the body language it was like the person was suprised and disappointed in what happened...

LOL...Sorry if it's unclear :) I can't really twist a quote.

justanotherpackfan
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
So the Packers are on 'roids?

esoxx
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Everyone on the team is "very arrogant" besides Favre and Driver? Wow, that covers a lot of people that are stuck up. I know you can't tell much by TV interviews and the like but guys like AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Poppinga..seem pretty down to earth but who knows I guess.

Maybe this trainer just has an inferiority complex or something.

retailguy
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I guess I'm just dumb, but I didn't even understand Greg's two "clarifications" much less the original post.

Maybe you could tell us which way he was "shaking his head"? Or, is that asking too much?

mmmdk
04-16-2007, 03:37 AM
At this very moment I'm shaking my head with a twist of dance to it whilst watching the new trailer for "The Simpsons movie"...thaaat doesn't make any sense!?

RashanGary
04-16-2007, 05:59 AM
I guess I'm just dumb, but I didn't even understand Greg's two "clarifications" much less the original post.

Maybe you could tell us which way he was "shaking his head"? Or, is that asking too much?

Shook head in disappointment was the body language...

Me "Did players do HGH or performance enhancers?"

Person "I just shook my head *in disappointment at the activity*"

The second part I got from body language and although body language is a large part of communication it is also something that is largely considered subjective...

That's how it came off too me. Maybe others aren't as interested in performance enhancers but I really am. It's funny; even after the fact I'm still happy that, that was the only question I asked of real substance. It might not mean much to you guys but that is the best I can do to explain it. They person shook their head in disgust or disappointment at activity related to performance enhancers.

Rastak
04-16-2007, 06:33 AM
I must have been the only one who got it on first read.

MadtownPacker
04-16-2007, 07:00 AM
So was this what it was like when you found out there is no Easter bunny and that Santa didnt bring gifts down the chimney? :P

Seems that players might be thinking along the lines of "if you can't beat em, join em".

Sparkey
04-16-2007, 07:15 AM

Shook head in disappointment was the body language...

Me "Did players do HGH or performance enhancers?"

Person "I just shook my head *in disappointment at the activity*"

The second part I got from body language and although body language is a large part of communication it is also something that is largely considered subjective...

That's how it came off too me. Maybe others aren't as interested in performance enhancers but I really am. It's funny; even after the fact I'm still happy that, that was the only question I asked of real substance. It might not mean much to you guys but that is the best I can do to explain it. They person shook their head in disgust or disappointment at activity related to performance enhancers.

Maybe he was shaking his head in disappointment at you for asking a question like that.....???

Zool
04-16-2007, 07:45 AM
I must have been the only one who got it on first read.No Ras, there were 2 of us that got it on first read. I figured they were messing with him until like 4 people said they didnt understand.

Here:

When asked if Packer players took HGH, the unnamed source said "I just shook my head in disappointment at some of the things I saw"

The quotes denote what the person in question said.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
No Ras, there were 2 of us that got it on first read. I figured they were messing with him until like 4 people said they didnt understand.

Here:

When asked if Packer players took HGH, the unnamed source said "I just shook my head in disappointment at some of the things I saw"

He edited the original post extensively. The original didn't read anything like the edited version.

Zool
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now it makes sense

CaptainKickass
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I once talked to a guy who had some vague connection to something even less important than what's been posted here so far. And when I asked him a question regarding the subject of vague, non-descript quotes from people twice removed from the situation, with no real meat to the quotes, and absolutely no verifiable sources as found on internet chat boards such as Packerrats.com:

"I just shook my head *in disappointment at the activity*

Greg - your BS ploy at getting people to speculate something from your vaguery and obvious Tom-Foolery has worked.

Enjoy the fruits of your success.

RashanGary
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I debated even mentioning it. It's a message board. There are a bunch of people that I've talked to for the last 2 years who have never seen me start a BS story who probably believe what I said but I can certainly understand the doubt considering how easy rumors are to start on the internet.

With that in mind, I'm sort of happy that it's not taken too seriously becuase I was never given any hard evidnece and it was about a 10 minute conversation that touched on the Packers for all of 2 minutes. I just thought it was something Packer related that you can't really get anywhere else and wanted to share.

Rastak
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
No Ras, there were 2 of us that got it on first read. I figured they were messing with him until like 4 people said they didnt understand.

Here:

He edited the original post extensively. The original didn't read anything like the edited version.

Ah, sorry. Carry on.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I didn't mind you mentioning it, but it was incoherent to me. It was hard to understand what you were trying to convey. One sentence said a person close to a Packers trainer replied *shook his head* when you asked if Packers were using HGH. Did that mean "no" or "yes"? The next line just stated something like "all but two Packer players are asshats." That is hard to believe, and I didn't know if that's what the friend of the trainer, the trainer, or you were trying to state. If it's the trainer, then I'd think he has some real issues.

I didn't mind you conveying what you had heard, but it was just completely incoherent to me.

Like Steve Martin said in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: "You know when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea: have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener!"

:D

Brando19
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok, what the hell is going on? English is the only language I speak and I do it quite well...but this is making me question my ability to read!

retailguy
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok, what the hell is going on? English is the only language I speak and I do it quite well...but this is making me question my ability to read!

hola. ¿Cómo es usted? :twisted:

Brando19
04-16-2007, 06:19 PM

hola. ¿Cómo es usted? :twisted:

Hello...just fine...and you? 8-)

the_idle_threat
04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Like Steve Martin said in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: "You know when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea: have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener!"

One of the best movies of all time! :idea:

Rastak
04-17-2007, 06:44 AM

One of the best movies of all time! :idea:

"Those aren't pillows!"

the_idle_threat
04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
:lol:

If I posted the car-rental counter scene, this thread would be moved to the garbage can!

And...

"Why you insensitive asshole! Can't you see we have an injured man here? Now I'll move my car, but I want you to help him up!"

"Gladly!"