PDA

View Full Version : Wish we had the chance for this guy...

privatepacker
04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I saw this on a Texas web site. We heard that TT would have picked VY if he had been there and maybe now we understand why..

"Brandon Jones WR Tenn. is on NFL Serius radio now giving VY mad props. In a nutt shell said VY has changed the culture of the locker room from a losing mentality to a winning one.

Here are some tidbits Brandon had to say on VY.

- He is amazing at getting everyone to workouts and getting them to work hard. Folks show up to work every day and treat it like that. Said VY makes you want to put in that extra sprint or rep.

- VY has no fear and it's contagious. Brandon told a story that happened while at practice. Brandon was having a tough time vs. PacMan and VY started talking to him. Brandon made the mistake of saying that Pac was good and that he respected him. To which VY responed "So what, I don't give a damn who he is or how good he is...when he is on the other side of the field I wanna kill him. I don't care if it is our own team at practice." He said VY has never look intimidated or scared in any situation on the field, locker room or in public. Said the guy is simpley nails. He personally said having VY around him makes him a better more confident player....

- Said he has never met or seen a person who hates to lose more than VY. Said you can really see it in his eyes and body language after a loss. He said gone are the days of smiles and easy attitudes in the locker room after a loss. VY simply won't put up with it.

- Said veterans have steped aside and let VY take the leader role. Wasn't even a question or a challenge from any of the older guys. VY just came in and took over and everyone just followed. Said he is simply a natural leader. That he makes everyone better and makes everyone want to play their guts out for him."

Pacopete4
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
VY did that in college.. well guess what?.. we have that guy and more in the pros.. Until VY does anything in this league, I will not jump on his Nat'l championship bandwagon. Favre is GOING to be the winniest QB in NFL history.. its VY that should be takin a page outta Favres book

privatepacker
04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Actually, the article is about his first pro season not the college season.

BF4MVP
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I wish we had a chance at this guy:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pics/small/georgiatech_calvin_johnson_sm.jpg

woodbuck27
04-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm really pulling for Vince Young.

This young and exciting QB has amazing potential.

Guiness
04-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I for one am very anxious to see his sophmore season.

I will admit to being squarely in the camp that thought he was an athelete playing QB, and should've become a WR. So far, it looks like I've been wrong - but I'm not convinced yet. Slash had a good season or two before being the Bears third string QB.

Brando19
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I hope there's still a chance for this guy.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/images/09/08/tx.randy.moss.ap.jpg

retailguy
04-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I hope there's still a chance for this guy.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/images/09/08/tx.randy.moss.ap.jpg

Asante Samuel would be a great addition, but he's too expensive... :twisted:

Fritz
04-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Yes, from all reports TT really, really liked Young.

Kudos to TT for seeing that - he saw more than N.O. and Houston did...