b bulldog
04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
He will now have a major injury or have a miserable year

ND72
04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
'08 :wink:

b bulldog
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I never play the game so I thought it would be 07 for the 07 season. Why wouldn't 08 be for next season?

Partial
04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
its technically the 07-08 season and Madden chooses the latter number for the title.

mmmdk
04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh dear :shock: Poor Vincy :wink:

MadtownPacker
04-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Wow, what a bad move. He could have had it all.

Tony Oday
04-17-2007, 01:04 AM
LOL thats awesome!

BF4MVP
04-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Hmmmm..They usually pick someone who is a superstar, or close..I wouldn't call Vince either of those yet, but he certainly has the potential to be..

That said, he will now miss at least 6 games due to injury next season..

sepporepi
04-17-2007, 03:10 AM
For all Madden-curse believers:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/wordpress/?cat=11

By the way a nice site for the statistically interested fan :D.

BlueBrewer
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
It should have been LT. Maybe he refused to prolong his career. :shock:

pbmax
04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
It should have been LT. Maybe he refused to prolong his career. :shock:

And people say the players only care about the money :lol:

woodbuck27
04-17-2007, 01:18 PM
The Madden people must really like LT and are out to protect him. :)

packers11
04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
NOOOOOO I LIKE VINCE...

I wish it was like Payton or Rex Grossman (o wait, he doesn't need to be jinxed.... hes bad anyway)...

Vince reverse the curse!!! :(

POLISHHAWK
04-17-2007, 04:23 PM
This is about the worst choice I could think of to be on the cover!!! I thought they choose GOOD PLAYERS?
First and hopefully the last time they choose a QB with a 67 Rating.
Looks like they want every Black starting QB on the cover (McNabb, Cullpepper, Vick, Young). Kind of prejudice if you ask me.

Sparkey
04-18-2007, 07:10 AM
This is about the worst choice I could think of to be on the cover!!! I thought they choose GOOD PLAYERS?
Looks like they want every Black starting QB on the cover (McNabb, Cullpepper, Vick, Young). Kind of prejudice if you ask me.

However, we do not know how many players turned them down.

packers11
04-18-2007, 12:15 PM

However, we do not know how many players turned them down.

Probably anyone with a higher wonderlic score than a 6 :wink: :lol:

b bulldog
04-19-2007, 09:06 PM
LT was smart, he turned it down.

RashanGary
04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
VY was on that ESPN or MTV reality thing where they play madden in competition. Some guy was going ot wear VY's jersey and represent Tennessee.

HE went to VY's house and played some Madden and of course this guy crushed VY. Young looked physically sick. He had this half smile / sick look to him by losing that game.

He is a competitor. You can never underestimate that from the QB position. FAvre is on his way to being the winningest NFL QB EVER and above all else it is his competitiveness that got him there. I think VY has a lot of that in him.

b bulldog
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Just look at his career and you can see that. He is a winner until this happened :twisted:

mraynrand
04-19-2007, 10:32 PM
He could be OK. If he does a commercial for Chunky Soup though, he's as good as gone. Cover of Madden AND Chunky Soup - that's just too much negative Karma for anyone.

woodbuck27
04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
LT was smart, he turned it down.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

L.T. SAID NO TO MADDEN

Darren Rovell of CNBC.com reports that Titans quarterback Vince Young will be on the Madden 2008 cover because Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson, the NFL's MVP in 2006, turned it down.

Rovell's report contradicts EA's director of marketing Chris Erb, who told the San Diego Union-Tribune that "Vince was the guy all along."

Per Rovell, Tomlinson was presented with an offer, and rejected it.

"The deal usually pays the cover athlete $100,000 to $200,000 and requires multiple appearances to pump up the game," Rovell writes.

"Since the Madden game sort of sells itself, the athlete on the cover doesn't really matter that much, but expect more NFL stars to turn down the cover in the future, not because of the curse, but because the price is just too low."

woodbuck27
04-20-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ODD FACT ABOUT THE MADDEN COVER

While we're skirting the fringes of potentially controversial subjects that potentially could get us fired if we didn't own the place, a reader recently pointed out to us an odd fact regarding the Madden NFL video game franchise.

Of all of the players who have appeared on the cover of the game, none of them is white.

Not that we have a problem with that. Obviously, most of the players in the NFL aren't white. But considering that quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Brett Favre and Tom Brady have performed at a high level during the years since 1999 in which the series has placed the image of a player on the cover, it's weird that none of them have ever made the cut.

Especially since the guy after whom the game is named, John Madden, typically reacts like the first shot out of a roman candle when any of those three above-mentioned names is mentioned in his presence.

We don't know what this fact means, and we don't think it even means anything. In the past, the company that makes the Madden game (EA Sports) has had white players like Carson Palmer and Joey Harrington on the cover of the college version of the Madden game.

So we think it's a coincidence. Given Vince Young's presence on the cover of Madden 2008 it's a nine-year coincidence, but it's a coincidence nonetheless.