PDA

View Full Version : Interesting rumor

b bulldog
04-27-2006, 10:00 PM
I have heard that the Driver thing was started by Javon Walker. This could be a final attempt to make the Packers trade him for whatever they can get.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
If that's true, they should burn Javon's uni pants--with him still in them. Now you can put him in a stockade on a tarp in the atrium. Just someone make sure to get Tarlam a plane ticket so he can toss tomatoes.

b bulldog
04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
fOX 11 OUT OF gb IS REPORTING THAT wALKER IS THE SOURCE OF THIS!

ND72
04-27-2006, 10:06 PM
are you serious? i mean really? I think Javon needs a head exam if it's true.

b bulldog
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
He wants out BAD!

ND72
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
i sense that.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Michael Smith needs a head exam if this is true.

GBRulz
04-27-2006, 11:13 PM
If this is true, all the more reason why I'd rather see JW rot on the pine.

I think it's absolute BS that he can come back and play 6 games and get credit, but hey - it doesn't mean we have to give him playing time. We'll see what kind of paycheck a WR who hasn't played hardly anything in two seasons gets.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 11:36 PM
What a horrible teammate. If he is trade, I ask the buyer to beware, he will throw anyone under the bus to get his way. POS

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
If this is true, all the more reason why I'd rather see JW rot on the pine.

I think it's absolute BS that he can come back and play 6 games and get credit, but hey - it doesn't mean we have to give him playing time. We'll see what kind of paycheck a WR who hasn't played hardly anything in two seasons gets.

Ho come along and don't talk trade,
Instead, come join Tarlam's good ol' tirade!
Let Walker rot, till he stinks
The only treatment for scumbags, methinks.

Oh, STFU, I just woke up!

Guiness
04-28-2006, 01:12 AM
Holy Crap!

I guess if he doesn't care about himself, this is one more way to screw the Pack.
If they were thinking of getting a 1st rounder, and it comes out that he did do this, it'll drop his stock some as GM's around the league collectively go Yeeesh while pulling on their collars.

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Holy Crap!

I guess if he doesn't care about himself, this is one more way to screw the Pack.
If they were thinking of getting a 1st rounder, and it comes out that he did do this, it'll drop his stock some as GM's around the league collectively go Yeeesh while pulling on their collars.

Can somebody show me any evidence at all about this, or is it our rumor ??

swede
04-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Sorry, I posted about this in the other Driver thread. I was looking for the "Driver Dissatisfaction a Load of Crap" thread and I didn't see it. I do agree it is interesting news, but so is the fact that my Cousin Billy was using a nail gun and put a nail through a one inch board and into the shoe of a guy working above him.

If this misinformation came out of the Walker camp then we can't get rid of this guy fast enough.

swede
04-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Again, if it is "demonstrably" true, could the Packers stay within the CBA and still nail JW with a suspension that begins after he's finished holdong out?

Kiwon
04-28-2006, 07:36 AM
If JW did do this, I want to see how the suddenly popular TT will handle it. He better drop the hammer on the guy one way or the other. What's wrong with JW? Maybe the 9 on his Wonderlic wasn't a fluke.

GBRulz
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
If JW did do this, I want to see how the suddenly popular TT will handle it. He better drop the hammer on the guy one way or the other. What's wrong with JW? Maybe the 9 on his Wonderlic wasn't a fluke.

HA ! I'm beginning to think that 9 was generous!

B, FOX 11 news here in GB deemed that JW was the source of this.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Walker is screwed no matter how you play it out. Again I haven't read the new CBA rules since they came out so I don't remember how they can stick it to him. Play him his 6 games, franchise him next year. He is toast.

Chester Marcol
04-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Now don't blame good ole J Dubaya for the leak. It's not his fault the teacher intercepted his note to Susie Pigtails in study hall.

Guiness
04-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Walker is screwed no matter how you play it out. Again I haven't read the new CBA rules since they came out so I don't remember how they can stick it to him. Play him his 6 games, franchise him next year. He is toast.

Ya. Pay him $8million bucks for a season. REALLY screw him.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Where's Tonya Harding when you need her? :evil:

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 02:22 PM
These stories make me feel old. IF this is true all because somebody said he should fulfill his contract then you have to get him out of here. I know its a business but when you start lying about stuff to make yourself look better (Tank?) then its time to take a hike. Michael Smith adds his name the list of "reporters" who never let the truth get in the way of a "scoop". I miss Curt Gowdy.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Won't have to "pay" him, you can revoke the tag before a certain date without adverse ramifications. By then no one will have the cap money to sign him. Then he would be so out of football a team would be crazy to pay him even what he is making now. He is also an "older" young WR, he isn't getting any younger and he will have wasted his "prime" kicking and screaming.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Won't have to "pay" him, you can revoke the tag before a certain date without adverse ramifications. By then no one will have the cap money to sign him. Then he would be so out of football a team would be crazy to pay him even what he is making now. He is also an "older" young WR, he isn't getting any younger and he will have wasted his "prime" kicking and screaming.

I think the new CBA says his salary is garunteed when he signs the tender actually.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Yes, but he has to sign it. I don't know of anyone who signs the tender right off the bat. Walker probably would knowing how he has handled this whole thing. I think the Packers are still in the drivers seat.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, but he has to sign it. I don't know of anyone who signs the tender right off the bat. Walker probably would knowing how he has handled this whole thing. I think the Packers are still in the drivers seat.

He would the minute they franchised him I would guess. Don't get me wrong, Walker is going to feel the pain over this also.....

Sparkey
04-28-2006, 03:01 PM

He would the minute they franchised him I would guess. Don't get me wrong, Walker is going to feel the pain over this also.....

I believe if they tender him as a franchise player, then the pack would immediately take on a temp cap hit of the tender. Also, at that point, if anothe rteam were too sign JWalk, they would have to pny up two #1's or reach a trade deal with the pack.

Walker holds absolutely ZERO leverage.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 03:02 PM
In that senario IF Walker is healthy, then he would still be in Green Bay and would have to produce in order to even think about a big contract. That would be in what? 2008? 4 Seasons removed from his pro bowl season. He would be a veteran on the decline then, that is if he doesn't get injured after signing the tender. But that many years removed from a pro bowl season, you have to wonder where his head is to even think about such a move or for that matter his attitude now.