PDA

View Full Version : CJ and marijuana

Brando19
04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Nolan Nawrocki, of ProFootballWeekly.com, reports Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson, during interviews at the NFL Combine, admitted to using marijuana, according to sources who have watched the interviews.

Wonder if this will cost him the #1 pick? I doubt it.

b bulldog
04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Okoye and Gaines Adams have admitted this also.

Spaulding
04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Cost him the first overall pick? I think this just solidifies him being drafter by the Raiders as he'll fit right in that clown outfit :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm guessing that close to a majority of college seniors have tried marijuana.

MJZiggy
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
but they didn't inhale.

pbmax
04-18-2007, 11:39 PM
In a certain dorm I know, you would have had to hold your breath, walk past seven or eight doors, down 10 flights of stairs and exit the building without passing out to be able to claim you didn't inhale :lol:

but they didn't inhale.

Fritz
04-19-2007, 05:56 AM
It's funny that our culture is still so anti-pot that these guys (and anyone in public life) ends up using phrases like "I tried it" or "I experimented."

I experimented with pot, too - for about twenty-three years.

packinpatland
04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
but they didn't inhale.

......or still waiting to exhale :lol:

Zool
04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
It's funny that our culture is still so anti-pot that these guys (and anyone in public life) ends up using phrases like "I tried it" or "I experimented."

I experimented with pot, too - for about twenty-three years.You can thank Ricky Williams.

Freak Out
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
The Pilgrims need to give the weed thing a rest and get back on the Mayflower. Weed is so common in our society that youth today are far more likely to try or use Ganja than during the summer of love for crying out loud. Deal with it, no smoking during the season and leave folks alone when they are not working.

woodbuck27
04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
This thread is. . .'UP IN SMOKE'. :)

Merlin
04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I have never tried it but I do know that it doesn't have any worse affect on you then alcohol. The long term effects are the same for a pot head and an alcoholic accept the organs change, the lungs for a pot head and the liver for the alcoholic. It fries the same amount of brain cells because both turn into THC in the brain and affect it in the same way.

Marijuana should be legalized. The liberals are always looking for more ways to raise our taxes, hell why not legalize the stuff and tax it just they tax alcohol. There would also be business and job growth. The laws would need to be similar to those with alcohol, e.g. not in your car, on the street, etc. License fees, taxes, businesses, jobs, etc. People are going to do it anyway so why not?

Fosco33
04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
So did Bill Clinton - big deal. These guys aren't up for morale-athlete of the year awards...

packrulz
04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
I remember when Randy Moss and Sapp slid in the draft because scouts thought they were pot heads. I'm thinking that won't happen again.

woodbuck27
04-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I remember when Randy Moss and Sapp slid in the draft because scouts thought they were pot heads. I'm thinking that won't happen again.

They wern't smokin' just chillin'. :)

woodbuck27
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:34 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:57 a.m. EDT, April 19, 2007

RAIDERS GETTING FLOODED WITH CALLS

Though the Detroit Lions are getting plenty of interest in the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, we're told that the Oakland Raiders are being absolutely flooded with interest in the No. 1 overall pick.

Most of the teams that are interested in moving to No. 2 hope to land receiver Calvin Johnson. The reality is that the Raiders could take Johnson (and we think they should), making the move up to No. 2 irrelevant.

So teams are going straight to the franchise that holds all the cards.

And, in our view, that will only make the price of a trade even higher. Despite speculation, for example, that the Bucs would send all of their first-day picks to Oakland for the No. 1 spot, the trade chart devised by Jimmy Johnson in the early 1990s (and used by most if not all teams today) shows that the Bucs would still be getting the better end of the bargain.

Al Davis is shrewd enough, in our view, to realize that the balance needs to tilt decidedly the other way. If Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams were worth mind-boggling trade packages, a guy who likely will be far better than either of those players ever were or could be is surely worth a lot more.

Comment woodbuck27:

Interesting that a College WR is getting this much attention. He has to be something else.