PDA

View Full Version : Jamer Flecther

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 10:31 PM
The Packers depth at CB is not good. Is Thompson serious about going into the season with Carroll, Hawkins, Dandy and Horton behind Woodson and Harris?

Fletcher, the former Wisconsin star and 1st rd pick of Miami, is still available and would provide much needed depth. Fletcher played in 14 games last year with San Diego and is reliable.

What’s Thompson waiting for?

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
He's waiting for you to say it'll never happen so he knows it might be a logical move.

Bretsky
04-27-2006, 10:38 PM
He's waiting for you to say it'll never happen so he knows it might be a logical move.

I believe I also used the "never" when decribing the possibility that TT will get Woodson.

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 10:41 PM
The Packers depth at CB is not good. Is Thompson serious about going into the season with Carroll, Hawkins, Dandy and Horton behind Woodson and Harris?

jeez, sounds like good depth to me! you don't get pro bowlers as backups. You get young guys with potential, generally.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I love the DB's in this draft so I was a little disappointed that Thompson signed Woodson.

Hopefully Hawkins and Carrol can prove to be legit CB's because Woodson has 3 years in GB and Harris has an estimated 2 left.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 10:45 PM
I like to be a contrarian like Cliffy but Tank takes it to another level.

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I love the DB's in this draft so I was a little disappointed that Thompson signed Woodson.

He's a bit older than Joe Johnson when the Packers acquired him. Remarkably similar career pattern, pro-bowl year about 4 years ago, fall-off with injuries since.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 10:50 PM

To borrow Shakespeare:

Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt that the sun doth move,
Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt (he) love.

Thompson still love Arturo Freeman, and that explains his timid approach in free agency.

Or he is just hibernating.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
The contract Woodson got is pretty low risk though. No signing bonus.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 10:55 PM

jeez, sounds like good depth to me! you don't get pro bowlers as backups. You get young guys with potential, generally.

Sound more like crap to me. Horton? Dandy? Hawkins? Teams are using of wide open attacks more often now. Who's good enough to cover the #4 and #5 WRs when opponents use their spread formations?

We must draft Huff, or if the Polar Bear turns idiotic during draft day, Griffen in the 2nd rd.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 10:57 PM
You STILL owe me Kool-aid.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 11:01 PM

No kool aid til thompson sign another Pro Bowler. Trade for Randy Moss and I promise I will cease bashing the polar bear.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Woodson, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins

Those are the only 4 who project to be on the roster. I think Carroll is an above average #3 CB and Hawkins is a perfect #4 with amazing potential.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Fletcher hasn't done a god damn thing in the NFL. He was and is a bust in the NFL.

Tank do you come up with this crap on your one just for the reaction of Itellegient football people? Another stupid little experiment?

There I go responding to the Forum idiot again. Your villiage needs to come get you.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Woodson, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins

Those are the only 4 who project to be on the roster. I think Carroll is an above average #3 CB and Hawkins is a perfect #4 with amazing potential.

I would rather have Chris Johnson than Hawkins. At least Johnson can return kicks.

Hawkins has inconsistency written all over him.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 11:12 PM

No kool aid til thompson sign another Pro Bowler. Trade for Randy Moss and I promise I will cease bashing the polar bear.

Oh no no no. YOU SAID if he signed a big-name (not two) FA you'd give up the aid. No more extra provisions. Pay UP!!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Fletcher hasn't done a god damn thing in the NFL. He was and is a bust in the NFL.

Tank do you come up with this crap on your one just for the reaction of Itellegient football people? Another stupid little experiment?

There I go responding to the Forum idiot again. Your villiage needs to come get you.

Nut roll, Fletcher is still better than Hawkins, Dandy, Hortan and probably even Carroll.

Fletcher had 1 sack last season. How many did Carroll have?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 11:19 PM

Oh no no no. YOU SAID if he signed a big-name (not two) FA you'd give up the aid. No more extra provisions. Pay UP!!

Theres an exception because I had no ideal Thompson would have $35 mil.

I was hearing so much about how Sherman put us into a cap hell, and that we wouldnt have more than a few million this year, that i actually was starting to believe it.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Take a sip Tank...

Say it with us "T.T. is a good G.M."

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Jamar Fletcher
http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/235211.jpg

2005 stats
14 gms, 29 total tackles, 1 sacks, 1 int-19 yds, and 3 pass defensed.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Well if that is the one statistic you can come up with that Fletcher actually surpassed Carroll in Congradulations. Whe you come up with a statistic that is important to cbs let me know.

Fletcher had a one pick, Carroll had two.

Fletcher had 5 passes defended, Carroll had 10

Fletcher had 28 total tackles, Carroll had 43.

By the way Carroll had two sacks in his rookie year, came close a couple of time last year.

Bretsky
04-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Well if that is the one statistic you can come up with that Fletcher actually surpassed Carroll in Congradulations. Whe you come up with a statistic that is important to cbs let me know.

By the way Carroll had two sacks in his rookie year, came close a couple of time last year.

In reality Fletcher would not be a bad addition to our team. He's more NFL ready by far than Hawkins, and he's better than Dendy and Horton. He'd be our #4 CB, should come fairly cheap, and would add depth to our team. But I don't think he's one bit better than Carroll at this point. But you can never have enough depth at CB.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 11:41 PM

One stat you forgot to mention: Carroll had 1 mil penalties. Fletcher....well, is not penalty prone.

Like Bretsky wrote, Fletcher would make a good no. 4 guy and is reliable if one of the guy in front of him gets hurt.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 11:47 PM

OMG...I was just laughing so friggin hard as I read that........Just reading this post was like you were dishing WTF are you talking about punches directly to Tanks face and he'll bounce back stronger then ever....

Pack0514
04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Fletcher would be a good pick up if....

you want a 5' 9" cornerback.

He was fun to watch at UW, but he is too damn short for the NFL.

I'll pass and try to develop Mike Hawkins.