PDA

View Full Version : Allen Branch, slip,slidding away

b bulldog
04-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Rumors out of ESPN this am have Branch having a stress fracture in his leg and have him dropping to the second round possibly.
How far does Lynch fall?? I'm really beginning to think we should stay far away from him and go D at 16 unl;ess we trade down towards the mid to late twenties and than pick either Jarrett,Meachem,Bowe or Ginn, whoever is there.

b bulldog
04-19-2007, 10:28 PM
PFT.com is reporting that this is false

Fritz
04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Alan Branch was one of those guys who occasionally made a monster play, but the rest of the time was pretty much invisible. He's the Cletidus Hunt of this draft, a guy you'd take in the mid second round, but too much of a risk for the first.

Partial
04-20-2007, 08:22 AM
You guys are crazy. Branch is a very, very good player. He was Michigan's best player!

Guiness
04-20-2007, 08:59 AM
You guys are crazy. Branch is a very, very good player. He was Michigan's best player!

Aye. And that means what?

Fritz
04-20-2007, 10:49 AM

Uh, I'll beg to differ. I think that on defense both Lamarr Woodley and David Harris were better players than Branch. I didn't say he was awful - just that he's one of those guys who doesn't display his talent very consistently, and thus is not worthy of being drafted so high. He's got potential, but he also did tend to disappear for stretches.

Partial
04-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Branch is thoroughly underrated. He isn't a passrusher but he will be one of the best 3-4 ends of 4-3 run stuffers in the league.

pack4to84
04-20-2007, 06:22 PM
PFT.com is reporting that this is false
from PFT
POSTED 1:00 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2007

POMPEI'S BRANCH REPORT IS RIGHT?

A league source tells us that Dan Pompei's recent report regarding the presence of stress fractures in the lower legs of defensive tackle Alan Branch is on the money.

"Pompei is right," said the source. "There is no doubt he is right. I don't know where he got his info but he is dead right. That's all I can say."

A source with knowledge of Branch's condition disputed Pompei's report on Thursday, calling the problem shin splints, at worst.

The problem, as we understand it, is that different doctors view the medical evidence differently. In this case, there's an issue as to whether there's a "black line" in an MRI of Branch's legs and, if so, whether it is proof of a stress fracture.

Some teams/doctors believe it does. Others don't.