PDA

View Full Version : Fox : Chiefs willing to trade Larry Johnson?

motife
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I read the story, and I don't see why they're "hyping" it. Looks like pure speculation :

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/wcStory?contentId=6534058&storyNumber=2

Today's hot sports rumors and news
Another Chief on chopping block?
FOXSports.com
Posted: 7 hours ago
Trent Green might not be the only Chief on the block. Word is contract talks with Larry Johnson have hit a snag and he could be up for trade too. Full story...

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6320004_18_1.jpg

2006 416 carries 1789 yds 4.3avg 17 TD's 41 rec 410 yds 2 TD's
2005 336 carries 1750 yds 5.2avg 20 TD's 33 rec 343 yds 1 TD's

Birthdate: November 19, 1979
College : Penn St.
Height: 6'1
Weight: 230 lbs.
NFL Seasons: 4
Drafted by in 2003 (1/27)

MTPackerfan
04-20-2007, 06:00 PM
they would be fools to trade him. Sounds like misinformation related to contract talks. Sure if someone offered them about 3 first round picks I bet they would trade him

retailguy
04-20-2007, 10:35 PM
they would be fools to trade him. Sounds like misinformation related to contract talks. Sure if someone offered them about 3 first round picks I bet they would trade him

I think, that Brett Favre, in his PRIME, would have been traded for 3 first round picks.

Guiness
04-20-2007, 11:39 PM

I think, that Brett Favre, in his PRIME, would have been traded for 3 first round picks.

Ya. Him and Herschel Walker :D :D :shock: :D :D

]{ilr]3
04-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Since you bring up the Walker Trade that might be what the Chiefs are thinking. They got nothing except for a great RB.

If they could pull of what the Cowboys did then its a dream come true.

Plus from what i read he is kind of a self serving asswipe. Other players on the team dont really care for him. If they could muster up an awesome trade package for him and get rid of a Moss/Ownes type personality then so much the better.

Fritz
04-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Why would anybody give up high draft choices for a running back who's been taking a pounding for a few years now and is apparently a selfish player to boot? Hopefully TT will not do such a thing.

esoxx
04-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Don't worry, TT would rather saw through his femur bone than part with a draft pick. :whist:

retailguy
04-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Don't worry, TT would rather saw through his femur bone than part with a draft pick. :whist:

yep. that's my take on it too. We're in for a long slow ride... enjoy it!

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
L.J. SCHEDULED FOR 2008 FREE AGENCY

Adam Schefter of NFL Network explains that Chiefs running back Larry Johnson's performance since entering the league in 2003 has allowed him to void the final two years of his rookie deal. As a result, he'll be a free agent in 2008.

Unless, of course, the Chiefs sign him to a long-term deal. Or apply the franchise tag to him next February.

The possibility that Johnson could be gone by next year at this time could be the reason for the team's decision to bring in tailbacks who are part of this year's draft class.

Though Schefter says that it doesn't appear that Johnson is on the trading block, a media source with knowledge of the dynamics in the K.C. front office firmly believes that the team is floating the notion that they are willing to move Johnson.

Hey, why don't the Bills offer the No. 12 overall pick straight up for Johnson? Then, the Chiefs can send the No. 23 pick and the No. 12 pick to Washington, if Adrian Peterson is still on the board at No. 6. Heck, under the trade chart the Chiefs could climb as high as No. 4, where they'd be certain to nail down Adrian Peterson.

Yet again, we've identified a scenario that makes way too much sense to ever happen.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:26 p.m. EDT, April 24, 2007

CHIEFS SHOPPING L.J.

A day after reporting that Chiefs running back Larry Johnson doesn't appear to be on the trading block, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs are indeed shopping the four-year pro.

Per Schefter, the Chiefs have spoken with the Browns, Packers, Titans, Bills and possibly others. To date, the Chiefs haven't gotten close to a deal.

A Chiefs official told Schefter that the team hasn't engaged in "specific" trade talks, but Schefter properly (we believe) discounts the claim as a product of semantics. The Chiefs can't afford to have the quietly temperamental Johnson go T.O. on the team, so any trade effort must be done discreetly.

The biggest impediment to getting a deal done, as Schefter explains, is the money it would take to sign Johnson to a long-term deal. Schefter says that Johnson wants a deal worth more than the eight-year, $60 million package received by Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson two years ago.

In our view, too much has to happen too quickly for a trade to happen before the draft. And given the prevailing thought in league circles that running backs are largely interchangeable, a team in need would be better off making a play for L.T.'s backup, Michael Turner.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
He wants more money than LT?

No freaking way. Johnson is good, but NOT that good.

Put the diaper back on Larry.... :twisted: