PDA

View Full Version : Grady Jackson shows up for Rams visit 50 lbs. overweight

motife
04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Reported by CBS:

The Rams had Grady Jackson in for a look-see this week, but there was far too much to see to warrant signing him. Jackson, who has always had weight issues, came in at a whopping 385, according to a league source. That's way too much, even for a player who plays at about 335 pounds when he's in shape.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 11:53 PM
He ain't 50 pounds over weight, he played at 375. Little winter coat is all that is.

If Grady Jackson lives past the age of 59, let me know.

Thank god he has never broken a bone on the field. It would be like a gravy boat spilling over at thanksgiving dinner.

digitaldean
04-27-2006, 11:56 PM
It would be sad to see this happen, but if Grady continues his roller coaster with his weight he will break the 400 lb. mark.

This weight problem obviously hinders his chances of being with ANYBODY this year.

Let's hope for his post-football life he considers bariatric surgery. Otherwise he will be LUCKY to make it past 50.

ND72
04-28-2006, 12:07 AM
IF Grady played at 335 last year, then i must be about 250 instead of 300. there is no way Grady was only 30 pounds heavier than me...i'm thin next to that guy...yea muscle weighs more than fat, yada yada....he wasn't 335 last year.

LEWCWA
04-28-2006, 02:19 AM
If nobody wants him we'll take him back....

Fritz
04-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Gotta disagree with you now that TT has signed Kendrick Allen. Only way I want Grady back is for ballast in the back of my pickup truck next winter.

ND72
04-28-2006, 07:20 AM
we better not take grady back...he's worthless.

gbpackfan
04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
GRADY WAS NOT 375 LAST YEAR!!!

He was more like 350. He is a huge lard ass now, good move TT!

swede
04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Well, he's looking worthless if he's even more overweight than he was last year, but Grady was the quickest, most catlike fatman I've ever seen on a football field. He'd be standing up a pair of interior linemen and then suddenly slide off and nail a running back at the line of scrimmage.

Then he'd walk away and you'd see that belly!

He made us better when he was here, but I am glad we've moved on. His body certainly cannot go much longer without serious injury considering the extra weight.

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 07:53 AM
GRADY WAS NOT 375 LAST YEAR!!!

He was more like 350. He is a huge lard ass now, good move TT!

People have been speculating that he was close to 400 the last two years. 385 is fighting shape for Grady.

You've got to had it to the guy somewhat - in a twisted sort of way. I've never seen a player that fat remain as effective as Grady.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Could the Rams just not care?

Rams | Team talking contract with G. Jackson
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:52:10 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have held contract talks with free agent DL Grady Jackson (Packers). Signing him probably wouldn't affect the team's NFL Draft plans.

oregonpackfan
04-28-2006, 04:41 PM
If he is indeed 385 pounds, that is WAY too heavy for anyone.

If Jackson were to get down to 300 lbs, he would be surprised how much quicker he would be.

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 04:42 PM
If he is indeed 385 pounds, that is WAY too heavy for anyone.

If Jackson were to get down to 300 lbs, he would be surprised how much quicker he would be.

I don't think Grady has seen 300lbs. since the 7th grade.

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Where is he going to find more fellow 385 pounders than in Wisconsin? Come home, Grady!

385 isn't that crazy if he starts conditioning NOW.

OS PA
04-28-2006, 05:11 PM
No matter what you may say about 'Grady's fat *ss' he helped the team last year through his play and his tremendous heart. Grady and Kampman were our line last year. Without them we would have been picking Bush at #1. Don't knock a guy that gave his all for a team. Grady just like Jwalk and Driver has outperformed his contract and has not been paid, and although it is all just business I think he deserves a solid 2-4 year contract with incentive clauses on number of downs played.

Edit: Sorry, worded wrongly.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Where is he going to find more fellow 385 pounders than in Wisconsin? Come home, Grady!

Pssh hell no, it would take a year fo him to run a mile

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Grady just like Jwalk and Driver has been screwed over by the team,...................

I don't believe we've screwed over anybody.

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Pssh hell no, it would take a year fo him to run a mile

A balanced diet and moderate exercise and he would be down to 350 by end of training camp. He was fat as a piggy last year, I thought unbelievably overweight. He was at least 385 last fall. 350 doesn't sound that different from 385, but it would make all the difference.

Sign him with a weight clause. Worst case, cut him.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
I can't believe how stupid athletes are. Grady was acctually clueless enough to think he was going to get a big contract. He also is angry at the Packers for not extending him on a big contract.

There is no question Sherman would have but Sherman is a proven idiot as a GM and no other team would touch him.

LEWCWA
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Yep go ahead and bash Grady! How stupid. The guy has played great since he got here and all you guys worry about is his weight...You sound like a bunch of coffee clutch women! I have no problem with GB not wanting to sign him to a big long contract, but if nobody else wants him, I say we will take him on a one year deal! And I would pay him 1.5-2 mill to do so! The guy is a player, period!

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Yep go ahead and bash Grady! How stupid. The guy has played great since he got here and all you guys worry about is his weight...You sound like a bunch of coffee clutch women!

The road uniforms make his ass look fat. So do the home uniforms.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Yep go ahead and bash Grady! How stupid. The guy has played great since he got here and all you guys worry about is his weight...You sound like a bunch of coffee clutch women! I have no problem with GB not wanting to sign him to a big long contract, but if nobody else wants him, I say we will take him on a one year deal! And I would pay him 1.5-2 mill to do so! The guy is a player, period!

Lighten up, Francis!