PDA

View Full Version : internet NFL games

Pack_Attack88
04-22-2007, 01:17 PM
why doesnt the NFL have where you can watch games on the internet like MLB does??? I know i would pay the subscription fee to do this!!

especially if i am out of the Packers area for a game for some reason...

does anyone know why they dont do this? i would think that the NFL would have been all over this already.

MadtownPacker
04-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Doesnt Yahoo have something like that?

MJZiggy
04-22-2007, 03:36 PM
That's only if you're outside the US. DirecTV has the US locked up. NFL Field Pass is a subscription that will give you the audio.

Brando19
04-22-2007, 03:45 PM
My tv is through Suddenlink. Does that mean I would have to switch completely to Direct just to get the NFL ticket?

FritzDontBlitz
04-23-2007, 10:41 AM
My tv is through Suddenlink. Does that mean I would have to switch completely to Direct just to get the NFL ticket?

Yes.

pittstang5
04-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I believe Direct-TV has the Sunday ticket locked up until 2010. As far as I know, it's the only way to watch a game that isn't broadcast in your area - unless someone puts it on You-tube, but then the NFL could find out - yada, yada, yada - Law Suit ensues.

You would think that other cable and satellite providers would love to offer the NFL Sunday Ticket - PLUS, wouldn't the NFL benefit from multiple providers - MORE MONEY for everyone! I guess Direct-TV shelled out a ton of cash to lock it up for so long.

packinpatland
04-23-2007, 01:11 PM
My Direct TV was out last season for a whole weekend. So I 'listened' to a game via NFL Field Pass. It wasn't bad. Kinda had to use your imagination. Felt like an episode of the 'Waltons", we were all gathered around the computer rather than a radio. :)

CaptainKickass
04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
If you are smart enough to find them, or if you know someone who already knows how to find them and is willing to share the information - You can get every game streamed to your pc over the web. Typically you have to download and install a proprietary video player to decode the stream and then select the "channel" that is broadcasting the desired game each week. This method takes some leg work but it is free of monetary charge.

Alternatively -

If you have a relative/friend who has hi speed internet and lives in the WI broadcast area and watches the games - you might be able to convince them to use a slingbox to literally "sling" the broadcast to your computer by allowing you to access their slingbox durng the broadcast. (You will also need hi speed cable - this means DSL/Cable or better.)

As a 3rd and most ghetto option -

Last season I was stuck working on a project on a Sunday at the office - of course it was during Packer gametime.

It was Packer/Viking week. I called my friend who lives in Minneapolis and was just about to turn on the game. I talked him into pointing his web-cam with microphone at his TV and was able to watch and hear the entire game thousands of miles away over MSN Messenger, as well as virtually "hang out" with my friend during the game.