PDA

View Full Version : Packers 1st round pick guess

Cheesehead Craig
04-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I know there's the Mockery of the Draft contest and all, but I thought that we should get people on record who they think the Packers will end up picking in the first round (not necessarily who you WANT them to take), just for bragging rights. Use can use whatever logic of tradeups or tradedowns, just state who you think the Pack will end up taking in round 1.

I'll start off that Robert Meachem will be the pick.

Packnut
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I know there's the Mockery of the Draft contest and all, but I thought that we should get people on record who they think the Packers will end up picking in the first round (not necessarily who you WANT them to take), just for bragging rights. Use can use whatever logic of tradeups or tradedowns, just state who you think the Pack will end up taking in round 1.

I'll start off that Robert Meachem will be the pick.

I'm going with the Gator at saftey.

MJZiggy
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Staley

pittstang5
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Darelle Revis

prsnfoto
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Beason because it doesn't make sense! :D

LL2
04-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Olsen

Fritz
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Tedddd Ginnnn.

Partial
04-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Ted Ginn

Brando19
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Lynch

ND72
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
this might sound like a cop out...but here's my thinking....I think Teddy will take a defensive player, Like Darrelle Revis, or a top player that drops out of the top 10 group....if he goes by need, it'll be Lynch or Ginn, or again, if someone up top drops.....

LL2
04-23-2007, 02:24 PM
this might sound like a cop out...but here's my thinking....I think Teddy will take a defensive player, Like Darrelle Revis, or a top player that drops out of the top 10 group....if he goes by need, it'll be Lynch or Ginn, or again, if someone up top drops.....

So, who's your pick?

Badgepack
04-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Greg Olson

ND72
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM

So, who's your pick?

crap...I was hoping someone didn't ask that. I personally would go with Ginn. I think Teddy might lean more toward Revis.

oregonpackfan
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Marshawn Lynch.

Spaulding
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Lynch

woodbuck27
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
How to start?

Well this is what the man said today:

Question:
(Will you always take the best player, or are there times need overrides that?)

TT's response:

Need factors in if you have what you consider, certainly the way they are on the board, identical players, Position A and Position B, and you feel like you might have more of a pressing need right at this moment, you might go for Position B. But if there's a difference in those players, if Position A is truly a better player, then we feel like you have to take Position A. Because a draft is not let's get ready for mini-camp, or let's get ready for the 2007 season. A draft is an investment in a player that's going to be here for a number of years, and when you don't take the best player, it'll just come back and bite you every time. And we've all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I've taken players based off need, or what I perceived to be a need, and passed on another player that was really a better player. But we try not to do that, and I have people that keep reminding me of that all day long.

That's what he said and how could TT do the most (his way) after ignoring our needs on 'O'?

If he's there at #16 TT will pick this guy (an outstanding athlete and good guy):

CB Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh (5-11½, 204; 4.40)

Revis did not work out at the NFL Scouting Combine. He worked out March 16 at Pitt's Pro Day. He ran his 40s in 4.41 and 4.39 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.08 and the three-cone drill in 6.56. He also had a 38-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-5 broad jump and 15 bench presses. He also weighed eight pounds less than he did at the Combine. He played quarterback, running back, receiver and cornerback in high school. He also was an outstanding basketball player and ran track. At Pittsburgh, he started 11 games as a true freshman in 2004, and ended up starting 23 games over the next two seasons. He is smart and a very good person. He has the size you want for the position, and he's strong. He will support the run and plays with lots of confidence. He ran faster than people thought he could; he is somewhat of a long strider. He could be a safety, and he can return kicks. He has Pro Bowl-like ability.

otherwise:

He'll run under the radar, trade down and pick his best available

I guessing that his first pick (on his board) will be WR Tedd Ginn Jr. if he trades down.

This fella gives us the deep threat ( heir apparant to Donald Driver ) and the help we need on ST's. . KR and PR.

swede
04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Chris Houston CB

After a trade down with Dallas for an additional 3rd round pick.

wist43
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Meachem... only b/c I think TT might be scared off by Lynch's immaturity and cognitive limitations.

If TT thinks Lynch can mature into something more than a moron, then Lynch may be the pick... he's definitely a risk though.

Cheesehead Craig
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Meachem... only b/c I think TT might be scared off by Lynch's immaturity and cognitive limitations.

If TT thinks Lynch can mature into something more than a moron, then Lynch may be the pick... he's definitely a risk though.
Wist agrees with me, I'm honored.. I think :lol:

woodbuck27
04-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Chris Houston CB

After a trade down with Dallas for an additional 3rd round pick.

This guy?

Ranked #6 at CB. . Chris Houston, Arkansas (5-9 7/8, 186; 4.36)

He had a complete workout at the Combine. He ran his 40s in 4.32 and 4.40, the short shuttle in 4.12 and the three-cone drill in 6.94.

He had a 36-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-2 broad jump and 27 bench presses.

In high school, he played running back and cornerback, and also played basketball.

At Arkansas, he redshirted in 2003, then started 13 games over the next two seasons with no interceptions.

He started all 14 games in 2006 and picked off three passes. He played well last season against Day 1 wide receivers Robert Meacham (Tennessee), Dwayne Bowe (LSU) and Dwayne Jarrett (USC Trojans).

He has a good burst to the ball, but his ball skills are only OK.

He was flagged for lots of pass-interference calls. He needs to improve against the run.

He has toughness and is a big talker. He has a very strong upper body. His speed will convince some team to reach for him;

he's a lot like Ahmad Carroll when he came out of school.

He will be a good special-teams player.

I think he will start, but won't be a star.

Gil Brandt
NFL.com Senior Analyst

ND72
04-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Cognitive Limitations? Isn't dropping balls considered a "cognitive limitation"? eh...i guess it's more of a gross motor skill issue (PE talk)

by the way, for your viewing entertainment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGOvo6sH1HI

Partial
04-23-2007, 04:39 PM

Cognitive Limitations? Isn't dropping balls considered a "cognitive limitation"? eh...i guess it's more of a gross motor skill issue (PE talk)

by the way, for your viewing entertainment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGOvo6sH1HI

Pacman Lynch isn't a good idea. I don't like the kids image and attitude. He won't be a packer.

woodbuck27
04-23-2007, 04:46 PM

Pacman Lynch isn't a good idea. I don't like the kids image and attitude. He won't be a packer.

You can bet on that too.

TT will take the best available player at #16 unless he see's a good chance at another of the same in a trade down offer.

Marshawn Lynch's tarnished image will eliminate him from TT's board no matter how much we need a RB.

ND72
04-23-2007, 05:24 PM

I agree with you completely.

BooHoo
04-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Olson, I think?

ND72
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
So I was thinking. Washington wants a Pass Rusher, and extra picks...how bout we flop picks, send them KGB, and a 3rd round pick or something, and move up to 6 where we can basically choose then from probably Adrian Peterson, the obvious choice, LaRon Landry, and Amobi Okoye.

retailguy
04-23-2007, 08:08 PM
So I was thinking. Washington wants a Pass Rusher, and extra picks...how bout we flop picks, send them KGB, and a 3rd round pick or something, and move up to 6 where we can basically choose then from probably Adrian Peterson, the obvious choice, LaRon Landry, and Amobi Okoye.

It would take so very much more than that to even sniff at the 6th pick... Oh to dream!

ND72
04-23-2007, 08:12 PM

It would take so very much more than that to even sniff at the 6th pick... Oh to dream!

Never know I guess. radio today said the Redskins had talked to the bills about a player and a pick plus the swap...just "rumored" nothing concreate. there is only one direction I expect Ted to move if he does at all....

Partial
04-23-2007, 09:59 PM

I would do that in a second and land Adrian Peterson. Don't count that out by any stretch of the imagination IF Washington doesn't trade up to get CJ.

Partial
04-23-2007, 10:00 PM

Swap picks, KGB and a 3rd? I really don't think it would take much more. Maybe give them a second day pick. Maybe.

retailguy
04-23-2007, 10:52 PM

Swap picks, KGB and a 3rd? I really don't think it would take much more. Maybe give them a second day pick. Maybe.

So, WHY does KGB suddenly have "so much value" to you guys? Three months ago, you wanted to waive him and decided quite vocally that he was a one trick pony and backup material. Now, because you want it to be so, suddenly he's got MASSIVE trade value?

You guys crack me up. This is INSANE! :roll: :D

ND72
04-23-2007, 11:00 PM

So, WHY does KGB suddenly have "so much value" to you guys? Three months ago, you wanted to waive him and decided quite vocally that he was a one trick pony and backup material. Now, because you want it to be so, suddenly he's got MASSIVE trade value?

You guys crack me up. This is INSANE! :roll: :D

ok, #1, I've NEVER liked KGB, so the "you guys" part, doesn't account for me. #2, I only brought it up because the Redskins want a pass rush guy, so it's only logic to offer a backup, pass rush guy for us. I'm not saying it'll ever happen, it's just a fun conversation. But....I've never liked KGB.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
KGB has been a good player over the years. He has little trade value at this point. He's ~30-years-old and has a big contract.

The_Dude
04-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Jamal Anderson

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Bowe

jmbarnes101
04-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Trade up and take Amobi Okoye or trade down and take Michael Griffin. I believe defense will be the choice as TT knows you can get solid to great skill players in later rounds.

prsnfoto
04-24-2007, 04:13 PM
KGB has been a good player over the years. He has little trade value at this point. He's ~30-years-old and has a big contract.

If he was used correctly he is worth 5-6 million in today's market, just not to us we have enough young talent. Hey if there is any team that will over pay it is the Redskins. :D :D :satan: :satan:

GoPackGo
04-24-2007, 04:52 PM
my guess is we will swap 1st round picks with New Orleans. New Orleans will give us their 3 4th round picks+ their 1st round pick this year.

bbbffl66
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Greg Olson with a mid 20's first round pick

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I say we trade down and still manage to pick up Ginn or Lynch or maybe even Olsen although I still think he will be a Panther. In today's salary averages at the positions they play, KGB isn't way overpriced. This years signings blew up all the averages for all the positions.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Greg Olson with a mid 20's first round pick

If we could get him with a late 20's pick that might be ok.

I think the likelihood of WR being the best overall value is looking pretty good right now.

My money is on WR at 16, and defense if someone drops, or we trade down.

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I say we trade down and still manage to pick up Ginn or Lynch or maybe even Olsen although I still think he will be a Panther. In today's salary averages at the positions they play, KGB isn't way overpriced. This years signings blew up all the averages for all the positions.

I think Lynch goes to the Bills and Willis goes to Carolina and the TE and WR's fall to us. Trade down; it just makes this year

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:01 PM
I think the Bills should take Willis and Carolina gets Olson.

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:04 PM
I think the Bills should take Willis and Carolina gets Olson.

That will be the great debate for Buffalo. There are as sad at RB as we are

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I agee but they lost two starters at LB. The fun starts for real on Saturday.

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I agee but they lost two starters at LB. The fun starts for real on Saturday.

I think they have a bit of depth at LB; I think this is a sad year for starting RB's. Lynch is one of the few.

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Some aren't real crazy about him either

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:18 PM

I'm not crazy about Lynch. I question his work ethic and am worried about his "hood".

the whole "mom" thing is kinda weird too.

No doubt he's got the talent, but BIG doubt as to what he does with it...

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:28 PM

I'm sure TT has ran his "Packer Person" testology.

If he's acceptable to the Snapper I'll put my blind trust in him there

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't like him as our first rounder at the 16 position.