PDA

View Full Version : Posluzny, Willis, or Timmons

LL2
04-23-2007, 02:30 PM
For some reason the thought of getting one of these three, Preferably Poz, will just make our defense outstanding. To have one of them line up with Barnett and Hawk could give us the best LB group in the NFL. We are very solid at the DE position and pretty good at the DT also, plus the corners are really good tandem. Our liability is the safety position, but with a really good front 7 the secondary only gets better. I’m thinking a top 5 defense in the entire NFL, and that good win us 4-6 games.

ND72
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
WILLIS - Yes....Posluszny, YES.....Timmons...NO

woodbuck27
04-23-2007, 02:42 PM
If TT see's an opportunity to draft Poz by trading down a few spots he just may go there. I believe that this pick fits TT's profile as well.

Some may criticize Poz's speed and also hesitate as he was injured last season but he was a tremendous leader on 'D' for his college team and one of the top defensive players in the nation two seasons ago.

He's a tackling machine.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I think Posluzny is a tad overrated. He was highly productive in college, but his athleticism matches Poppinga over a highly rated LB. Athletically, I think he's closer to Hodge than Hawk.

woodbuck27
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I think Posluzny is a tad overrated. He was highly productive in college, but his athleticism matches Poppinga over a highly rated LB. Athletically, I think he's closer to Hodge than Hawk.

There is criticism of his ability to cover the pass Harvey and he's not really fast but he has a way of making plays and he's a leader.

Do we need three of those at LBer ?

Poz will likely be a first round pick Harvey.

He'll go to the Bengals,Giants or Pat's in the first. :)

b bulldog
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Posluzny doesn't do anything for me, Willis seems to have a chance to be a real stud.

packrulz
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I heard the Lions might take Willis with the 2nd pick, but I also heard they like Gaines Adams. I like Posluszny but he's probably a reach at 16. Timmons will be a good pro but he needs work, it'll take him awhile. I like his speed and build though, I could see taking him in the 2nd round. Indy will probably take him with le last pick in the 1st round.

woodbuck27
04-23-2007, 05:32 PM
I heard the Lions might take Willis with the 2nd pick, but I also heard they like Gaines Adams. I like Posluszny but he's probably a reach at 16. Timmons will be a good pro but he needs work, it'll take him awhile. I like his speed and build though, I could see taking him in the 2nd round. Indy will probably take him with le last pick in the 1st round.

I think your right about reaching for Poz at #16.

He'll go somewhere #18 to #24. To the Bengals, Giants or Pat's.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Willis = Next great LB.

RashanGary
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Willis seems to love football and he plays like a raged lunitic. He's fast, tough and aggressive as hell.

I like Hawk better but Willis would have been the 2nd LB in last years draft IMO.

ND72
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I actually heard today that both Buffalo and Pittsburgh have Posluszny rated "very high" on their boards....Mel Kiper believes Buffalo has Posluszny rated just behind Patrick Willis on their board. Coach Tomlin in Pittsburgh wants to change to a 4-3, and said Posluszny is the "perfect player to make that change".

RashanGary
04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Pos is a good player. I think he's similar to DeMeco Ryans in that he's a sure thing good player but a long shot playmaker.

packrulz
04-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I actually heard today that both Buffalo and Pittsburgh have Posluszny rated "very high" on their boards....Mel Kiper believes Buffalo has Posluszny rated just behind Patrick Willis on their board. Coach Tomlin in Pittsburgh wants to change to a 4-3, and said Posluszny is the "perfect player to make that change".

That's saying something because the Steelers have had some great LB's over the years. Scouts get caught up in combine numbers when they should be looking at the game tapes and talking with the players coaches. It depends what they want him to do and how they use him, but I think Pos has slipped unfairly, whoever drafts him will probably have a starter and will love him in the locker room. 133 solo tackles, 99 assists, 8.92 tackles per game avg. Pretty darn good.

ND72
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
while we're draft talking, my buddy and I updated our website, added a couple new things.

http://werfals.com/

packrulz
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
while we're draft talking, my buddy and I updated our website, added a couple new things.

Cool site, if the Pack gets Zach Miller in the 2nd I'd be thrilled.

retailguy
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I think your right about reaching for Poz at #16.

He'll go somewhere #18 to #24. To the Bengals, Giants or Pat's.

Nah, the Bengals won't take him, he's never been arrested... :lol:

LL2
04-23-2007, 08:47 PM

What does werfals stand for?

ND72
04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
It's my buddies last name...it was their website for information on their wedding 2 years ago....that stuff isn't needed anymore so He's trying to expand in things he's interested in now.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Coach Tomlin in Pittsburgh wants to change to a 4-3, and said Posluszny is the "perfect player to make that change".

You actually believe anything coming from a coach or GM's mouth at this point? If Tomlin did think the shit of the dude, we wouldn't know about it.

The same things people are saying about Pos, they were saying about Hodge and Carpenter last year.

Freak Out
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Willis would be a great addition, we NEED a tough solid defense to carry us through the transition from Favre to.......? I would be fine going D first again.