PDA

View Full Version : Something different

Partial
04-23-2007, 09:58 PM
If Levi Brown or Joe Steeley are available at 16, would you rather have them land some OL depth and the LT of the future and go with a back in the second, or would you rather draft Lynch and not address OL depth on the first day?

ND72
04-23-2007, 10:01 PM
I would take STaley, I wouldn't touch Brown. His pass pro is suspect, and got beat routinely by everyone at the senior bowl. He's a decent run blocker, but eh...he has a lot of potential though to grow, which is why he's a 1st rounder. Staley's potential is through the roof. I personally love the guy. Good athlete. Good technique.

RashanGary
04-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I would take STaley, I wouldn't touch Brown. His pass pro is suspect, and got beat routinely by everyone at the senior bowl. He's a decent run blocker, but eh...he has a lot of potential though to grow, which is why he's a 1st rounder. Staley's potential is through the roof. I personally love the guy. Good athlete. Good technique.

Uh oh, I've got to change my board. You're an Oline guy and i'm just guessing so I'm gonna go with your gut instead.

b bulldog
04-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Some have Staley falling into round two but he would be a steal in round two.

ND72
04-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Some have Staley falling into round two but he would be a steal in round two.

I don't know where you are hearing that, but everything I've read today has Staley "hot" right now. He ran a 4.81 last week in a private workout, and had a 3.88 in the shuttle run which has teams roaring over him. He's a former Tight End. If he was at a bigger school, he'd be a top 10 pick. (according to Todd McShay & Mel Kiper)

RashanGary
04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
OT:

Holy crap..Did you see that catch by Jenkins..

Wow the Brewers just battle every night.

ND72
04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
OT:

Holy crap..Did you see that catch by Jenkins..

Wow the Brewers just battle every night. They fought hard against one of the best pitchers in the game with their #5..

WOW

Wow was right...I had JUST turned back to the game after seeing some NBA updates.

LL2
04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I say pass on the OL this year in the first few rounds and maybe get a prospect to develop in the later rounds.

prsnfoto
04-24-2007, 09:01 AM
If Levi Brown or Joe Steeley are available at 16, would you rather have them land some OL depth and the LT of the future and go with a back in the second, or would you rather draft Lynch and not address OL depth on the first day?

I would be OK with Staley, I really think TT is going to go BPA which very well could be OT,CB,S, or the dream Willis at LB don't expect Lynch it doesn't fit the TT profile. :D :D

pittstang5
04-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I'd like Staley, but at 16, I think that's a litle too high to take him.

wist43
04-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Staley will be a 1st rounder, IMO... or at least he should be.

Wouldn't surprise me if they took an OT in one of the 1st two rounds... I think WR, RB, or CB is more likely though.

There's plenty of talent at WR and CB; and, if Lynch is there at 16 TT will have to consider him.

That said, if TT has Staley rated higher than the players at the other positions, then Staley would be the pick - he'd just have to sit for a couple of years. TT would rather have a higher rated player (in his opinion) on his bench than have a lower rated player (in his opinion) on the field producing.

Partial
04-24-2007, 09:34 AM
That said, if TT has Staley rated higher than the players at the other positions, then Staley would be the pick - he'd just have to sit for a couple of years. TT would rather have a higher rated player (in his opinion) on his bench than have a lower rated player (in his opinion) on the field producing.

In that case though, I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. OL depth is absolutely crucial to playoff success. You know this as well as I do because the running game becomes that much more pivotal in clock management and controlling the tempo of the game. If Clifton or Tausch goes down, our line goes from maybe slightly above average to one of the worst lines in the league. Favre would again be running for his life.

I don't think he would a bad pick at all, and I think he would get more playing time than you would think.

That said, I don't think he'll take either of these guys. I was just seeing what people thought.