PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Brewster

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Dominating NFL Europe. Leads in receptions by 3 and in receiving yards by 67 after 2 games. He looks pretty good actually. It's a longshot that he becomes a player, but this isn't hurting. Some guys have gone to NFLE, done well, and carved out a nice NFL career (Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Bill Schroeder, etc.). I know the Packers think they might have a player in Brewster. Of course, he's just as likely to get cut in camp.

Bretsky
04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I ask this out of curiosity; have we had any players that went over there and came back to the Packers to be successful ?

On the bright side at least we won't have to see Taco Wallace in camp.

Instead we'll see Brewster fighting off TT"s lately end of season wildcards.

Patler
04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I ask this out of curiosity; have we had any players that went over there and came back to the Packers to be successful ?

Marco Rivera, Cullen Jenkins, Paris Lenon come to mind off the top of my head. Probably a few others, too.

Guiness
04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
The Cullen Jenkins example is the most recent poignant example. Undrafted, practice squad (I think), NFLE, made the team, backup, is now a starter.

mmmdk
04-24-2007, 06:07 AM
George Koonce was in Europe too.

mmmdk
04-24-2007, 06:21 AM
George Koonce was in Europe too.

Uhm...Ohio Glory but still NFL Europe.

G Joe Andruzzi Scottish Claymores 1998
DT Cullen Jenkins Cologne Centurions 2004
LB George Koonce Ohio Glory 1992
LB Paris Lenon Amsterdam Admirals 2002
QB Craig Nall Scottish Claymores 2003
QB Doug Pederson NY/NJ Knights 1992
Rhein Fire 1995
G Marco Rivera Scottish Claymores 1997
P B.J. Sander Hamburg Sea Devils 2005
WR Bill Schroeder Rhein Fire 1997
TE Ben Steele Frankfurt Galaxy 2002
G/T Barry Stokes Rhein Fire 1997
Scottish Claymores 1998-99
LB Nate Wayne Barcelona Dragons 1999
QB Danny Wuerffel Rhein Fire 2000

Other NFL teams have fared better than Packers with NFLE players.

Rastak
04-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Dominating NFL Europe. Leads in receptions by 3 and in receiving yards by 67 after 2 games. He looks pretty good actually. It's a longshot that he becomes a player, but this isn't hurting. Some guys have gone to NFLE, done well, and carved out a nice NFL career (Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Bill Schroeder, etc.). I know the Packers think they might have a player in Brewster. Of course, he's just as likely to get cut in camp.

I hate getting fired up over those guys...last year Roynell Whitaker tore up that league and he REALLY sucked last year as a CB for the Vikings. Minnesota's margin for error was very small last year because their offense was bad and this dude cost them big. So it's really hard to say what you have, as you pointed out.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2007, 08:37 AM

Marco Rivera, Cullen Jenkins, Paris Lenon come to mind off the top of my head. Probably a few others, too.Owned!

Patler
04-24-2007, 09:12 AM
From a February 14, 2005, packers.com article:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2005/02/14/1/

The Green Bay Packers are sending 19 players to NFL Europe this spring, looking to develop some more future talent to later be on display at Lambeau Field. The 19 players the Packers have allocated to NFLE is a record and is part of a record 266 players allocated by the 32 teams around the NFL.

In 2004, the Packers roster - along with most of the other NFL teams - was peppered with players who once honed their skills across the Atlantic Ocean. Nine alumni of NFL Europe had a hand in the Packers NFC North Division title.

Overall, 265 players with past NFL Europe experience spent time on the rosters of NFL teams in 2004 and five of those players - including Green Bay guard Marco Rivera - were active participants in Sunday's Pro Bowl. Over the past nine seasons, 16 different former NFLE players have been selected to the NFL All-Star game."