PDA

View Full Version : In Ground Pools

Partial
04-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Are in-ground pools a lot of work? I think i'd like to have one someday. I figure it wouldn't cost too much if you had it dug and set-up when you initially built a house, as opposed to having it done later on.

packinpatland
04-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Do you have kids? Then it's no work at all.
Our system always was: If you want to swim you skim.
As they got older and wanted pool parties etc, then the chores included the surrounding yard.
Now my kids are gone, and I find it to be not that much upkeep, really, the good outweighs the bad.

As to your original question about set up. Cost is one thing, having the tradesmen come once at the beginning is a savings. I found not having to tear up your existing yard and landscaping would have been nice.
Good Luck!

MadtownPacker
04-24-2007, 08:36 AM
You might want to start small....

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/97/96/66/0004979666591_215X215.jpg

Partial
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Do you have kids? Then it's no work at all.
Our system always was: If you want to swim you skim.
As they got older and wanted pool parties etc, then the chores included the surrounding yard.
Now my kids are gone, and I find it to be not that much upkeep, really, the good outweighs the bad.

As to your original question about set up. Cost is one thing, having the tradesmen come once at the beginning is a savings. I found not having to tear up your existing yard and landscaping would have been nice.
Good Luck!

I've got probably 10 years to go before I will build/own a house that I would put the pool in. I'm only 21, but all the advice above is very good!

Now that I only have one year and three weeks of school left, I have started to look for some decent housing that I could purchase in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area. Something small since I will obviously be living on my own when I first start working, but something big enough that I can sell when I get hitched and hopefully turn a small profit on.

Of course, not that i'll make any moves until I have a job lined up, but I am fairly confident that between either the company I had my previous internship with, or the one I am starting next winter with a different company, one of them will offer me something.

packinpatland
04-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Again........good luck on all accounts!