PDA

View Full Version : Russell vs Quinn thread at Sportsline

Guiness
04-24-2007, 06:40 AM
There's an article (poorly written) at Sportsline.com comparing Quinn and Russell. It isn't very good, but one of the discussion threads about it was. Some good viewpoints.

Surprised no one mentioned one thing - Prisco mentions that Quinn remind him of T. Brady when he stood on the podium. Brady stood on the podium???? I doubt that - as a 6th rounder, if he was even at the draft, they probably threw him the jersey (if they had one for him) and told the next team to hurry the fuck up. I hate it when anyone talks about when Brady was drafted. Because no one actually remembers the event...

story
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10144972

thread
http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/2271533

SudsMcBucky
04-24-2007, 10:22 AM
"Russell vs Quinn thread at Sportsline"

Neither...... :idea:

wist43
04-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm not convinced that either is a franchise QB... that being the case, I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on either of them.

If one of them fell??? But, of course, that's not going to happen, so it's not a scenario we have to be concerned with.

I like Jay Cutler better than both of these guys.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
PFT is now indicating that Oakland may have a deal in place to nab Quinn.

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF QUINN TO RAIDERS

There are rumors right now in media circles that the Raiders are closing in on a deal with (drum roll, please) Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, who would then be named the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network tipped us off to the rumor -- however, Schefter thinks that the rumor is not true.

Comment woodbuck27:

Heads or tails? On or off ?

the article continues:

Mark Maske of the Washington Post acknowledges the rumor in a Friday afternoon chat, but he says he's not reporting that the deal is done.

We heard earlier in the week that the Raiders had made an initial offer to Quinn. We have since heard that, while hard numbers were not presented to Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, there was enough discussion about parameters and terms to give him a sufficient idea as to the ballpark amount of the deal.

Guiness
04-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it here again...if Oakland wants Quinn, why do they not swap with TB and pick up an extra second or something (anything!) Quinn should be there at 4.