PDA

View Full Version : JW to New Orleans for Pick #2 ?

swede
04-28-2006, 07:26 AM
I heard this one today. How much would it take besides Walker and #5 to get pick #2 and Mario Williams or Reggie Bush?

A potential Pro-Bowl receiver to move down three spots is a pretty good start, but I assume that they'd want another pick as well.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 07:26 AM
I'd rather have a 2nd round pick. I'd take A.J. Hawk and Davin Joseph over Mario Williams.

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 07:28 AM
I'd rather have a 2nd round pick. I'd take A.J. Hawk and Davin Joseph over Mario Williams.

Ditto

Or

Hawk and Hali
Hawk and Carpenter
Hawk and Joseph
Hawk and Hodge
Hawk and D Jackson

I really want to build that D.

swede
04-28-2006, 07:35 AM

Ditto

Or

Hawk and Hali
Hawk and Carpenter
Hawk and Joseph
Hawk and Hodge
Hawk and D Jackson

I really want to build that D.

Bretsky! Trading to pick up more picks! That's so...TT. :smile:

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 07:49 AM
The beautiful thing about their 34th pick this year is that it will be first round talent at second round money.

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM
The beautiful thing about their 34th pick this year is that it will be first round talent at second round money.

Yeah. I know. If I'm a junior outta the top 5 consideration, I am NOT coming out. I can't believe Calhoun declared!

Guiness
04-28-2006, 09:39 AM
First let me say I don't like that idea. I'd also rather get a 2nd than move up 3 spots.

I seem to have seen some very conflicting reports. One is that the draft is so deep that high 2nd round picks are as good as a 1st round pick. The other is that there are 17-18 NFL talents, and teams are trying to get out of the bottome of the first round. So which is it?

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes way we move to 2. That's a shitty deal for N.O.

The chart difference between pick 2 and 5 is what, 800 points?

That is the 17th pick, dear Rats. We can then trade outta that very nicely and make some real HAY!

Guiness
04-28-2006, 10:37 AM
In a situation like this, chart shmart. .
Tarlam, that type of thinking is analagous to the person who buys something they don't need, but gets it because it was on sale, and was a 'good deal'.

Some people prefer Williams. Some prefer AJ. I think most will agree that they'd be happy with either, and either could end up being the better NFL player. So why spend anything to move up and get something that will be there where we are now.

I really hope TT lets the draft come to him. Not chase after it, the way Sherman did.

*note: the above does not apply to HW, who really, really wants Williams, but thinks the Pack will never pick a guy he wants, so has been trumpeting AJ for weeks now. There is no telling what that consiparcy theorist will try next.

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Again I'd love to see both the Ohio State LBs in green and gold. If they get NO's 2nd we can address two different positions in the 2nd when the 1st rd talent is still there.

Carpenter Barnett Hawk

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Yo, Guinness, I get your point. But I think you missed mine; If TT lands at #2, his trade potential is really 2 players, STATERS, higher, than at #5. It means, we could get the player of our dreams, plus 2 more - all for the price of a banged up shit-ass-non-Packer WR! I am not TT

I have confidence that he could sweat talk a buck of teams outta their draft picks...

Guiness
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
So what are you saying then Tarlam?

JW & #5 for #2. Then trade #2 for a couple of 1st rounders? I don't get how that happens.

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 11:32 AM
So what are you saying then Tarlam?

JW & #5 for #2. Then trade #2 for a couple of 1st rounders? I don't get how that happens.

Yeah Guin, and no. Yeah to JW + #5 = #2.

#2 = Wahtever TT really wants!

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I think NO is having a hard enough time shopping that pick that it would be incredibly risky to think that we'd ever find someone to take it.

swede
04-28-2006, 11:38 AM
If the chart difference between 2 and 5 is 800 points, in which round is a draft pick worth--stand alone--about 800 points?

Guiness
04-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Swede - 800 points = pick 21

Tarlam, if I was looking to trade, I'd rather have #5 and JW, because that's two items that can be traded to different parties. If you have just one item, even if it is a higher value, you have to find one party willing to cough up for it. Mike Ditka doesn't come along every day.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Walker + #5 for Stallworth + #2. That's what I heard. I would take that deal. Then take find out who needs what, draft that person at #2, trade that person for a late 1st and a second. Although Davis looks good, he isn't worth a top 5 pick. We can get by at TE this year with who we have. Of course this is only if the trade occured...

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd rather have Walker and Hawk than Williams. It's too bad this is happening.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Well you may see that. I thought TT was only seriously considering trade offers that included a first rounder. That has scared a lot of teams away. I also heard TT quoted as saying that he highly doubts a trade will happen. Walker is screwed. So if Walker goes ahead with his retirement threat, then he won't be feeding his family and will still be "owned" by the Packers. No way they let him on the field for 6 games just so he gets his tenure in. He could pull a Mike Mckenzie, but that would also seal his fate because no team will want him after his injury and temper tantrum. If by some mircacle someone gives us enough bait to trade him great, if not he better come back in Green & Gold and put up Pro Bowl numbers or he is finished in the NFL (by his own hand).

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Acctually he could sit out 10 games and then come back. If the team doesn't allow him back then he just sits out for the rest of the year and accrues his years service and can move into UFA.

Walker can do this and this year I think he will. Last year the Packers had him by the balls and this year he has them by the balls. It's a different situation.

With that being said if the Packers lose Walker the following year to UFA they should get a 3rd compensitory pick if Walker has big season. So I would take nothing less than a 2nd although a 1st is even short change for a star player.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I believe with the new CBA, the Packer's don't have to allow him back on the field. It would be similar to the T.O. situation last year. They could could also place him on the practise squad I believe and he doesn't earn that year of eligibility. It's been awhile since I looked at all of the changes in the CBA. I know that the whole "conduct detrimental to the team" thing was re-written. I also believe his remaining contract is for 1 year plus an option for another if the Packer's want to pick up that option. Even without that option the Packer's have the first right of refusal and could franchise him costing a team a #1 pick for him. Basically, Walker is screwed whether he plays or not. He is only hurting himself if he doesn't play, he will never get out of Green Bay.

Sparkey
04-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Acctually he could sit out 10 games and then come back. If the team doesn't allow him back then he just sits out for the rest of the year and accrues his years service and can move into UFA.

Walker can do this and this year I think he will. Last year the Packers had him by the balls and this year he has them by the balls. It's a different situation.

With that being said if the Packers lose Walker the following year to UFA they should get a 3rd compensitory pick if Walker has big season. So I would take nothing less than a 2nd although a 1st is even short change for a star player.

Actually, he will not be a UFA after his current contract expires. He will be a RFA, so the team could place the franchise tag on him, make him a first round qualifying offer and then any team signing him will have to send GB a 1st.

Basically, GB holds all the cards on this. So any team that is unwilling to fork over a 1st this year will definately have too next year. Only a fuel would not tender him next year to gain compensation if he signs with another team.

So, like TT says. Hand over a first or you don't get him.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 01:38 PM

Actually, he will not be a UFA after his current contract expires. He will be a RFA, so the team could place the franchise tag on him, make him a first round qualifying offer and then any team signing him will have to send GB a 1st.

Basically, GB holds all the cards on this. So any team that is unwilling to fork over a 1st this year will definately have too next year. Only a fuel would not tender him next year to gain compensation if he signs with another team.

So, like TT says. Hand over a first or you don't get him.Are you sure of that? I think he's an UFA next year...if you franchise him and he signs the tender he's garunteed top 5 money having not played almost at all for two years. If I'm him and I want out I'd be hurt all year weather I was or not.

Joemailman
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 8:44 p.m. ET April 27, 2006
The Green Bay Packers may trade Javon Walker before Saturday’s NFL draft, Scout.com reported.

A three-way trade involving the Packer, the Denver Broncos and an unidentified third team is in the works that would send Walker to Denver.

But the disgruntled wide receiver visited the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Broncos on Friday, the Green Bay Press-Gazette reported

Anyone know who the third team might be? I suspect such a trade would send Walker to Denver, Lelie to the third team, and draft pick(s) from the third team to the Packers.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I'll take a stab at it and say NO or Pats.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I vote N.O.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Miami need receivers? They have permission to talk contract with Jwalk, so they're at least involved in the discussions.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Didn't I just read somewhere that Miami was granted rights to talk contract with Walker? That may be the case, if so look out because the Cullpepper to Walker show will be almost as good as Cullpepper to Moss. They are in the AFC....woho! :lol:

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
They can limp around the field together and share surgery stories and compare scars...