PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

Brando19
04-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I've heard alot of rumors today that the Raiders are talking seriously with QB Brady Quinn. Does anyone think this could happen? Not alot of people predicted Mario Williams going #1, but if Quinn would agree to take less money than Russell just like Williams did with Reggie Bush...I guess anything could happen.

ND72
04-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I think it is just smart "posturing" by the Raiders. You can bet Quinn would request less money to go #1 compared to CJ or Russell, so they can essentially use him to lower their prices. Nothing would surprise at this point, especially with the Raiders...AND Kiffin is reportedly in love with Quinn, so yeah I could see it...but it won't happen.

Brando19
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Man I'm ready for draft day!

ND72
04-24-2007, 07:58 PM
No kidding. I'm itching. By the way, ESPN Coverage begins at 11am eastern, the draft "officially" begins at noon eastern.

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
WTMJ coverage begins at 10 or 11am Saturday.

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Friday night will have the rumors running rampant.

packers11
04-24-2007, 08:15 PM
WTMJ coverage begins at 10 or 11am Saturday.

http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4cust/JBG/audio_player.php?id=WTMJ

that's the online broadcast for people out of state??? right? :?:

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I think it is

retailguy
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Friday night will have the rumors running rampant.

They already are, do you mean it'll be worse? :shock: :wink:

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Worse?? More fun!

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Worse?? More fun!

fun? NOTHING about this offseason has been fun. NOTHING! :x

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Lighten up, the draft is always fun and exciting.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM

So, tell me. Who do you think is going to "run the damn ball"? :P

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Taco Wallace ?

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Taco Wallace ?

beats the hell out of Morency/Pope/Beach/Herron. Thats for sure... :P

but seriously, WHO? I really want to know.

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Taco Wallace ?

beats the hell out of Morency/Pope/Beach/Herron. Thats for sure... :P

but seriously, WHO? I really want to know.

I'm with you on this one

Chris Brown is the only possibility I can fathom

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Our second rounder, Pittman or Irons .

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:37 PM

Can either carry the full load ? I'm not convinced

MJZiggy
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
They don't have to. RB by committee seems to be the en vogue thing to do.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM

And that's a better option for 2007 than PAYING Green? Sorry, I'm just not there.

I do like Irons, he intrigues me... But not for 2007. For the future? Definitely.

ND72
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I've actually started to jump on a Brandon Jackson bandwagon from Nebraska. I've really started to like this kid. he's pretty big, 5'11" 220, runs in the 4.4's...he was just in a "passing" offense under calahan which is why i read some have questions on him.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm with you on this one

Chris Brown is the only possibility I can fathom

I do not like Chris Brown, sam I am.

I do not like green eggs and ham...

And people wonder why I'm not excited. CHRIS BROWN?

As Tank would say.... Fvck.... :P

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
bROWN :(

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM

You have to have a "committee". Our "committee" has 52 carries between all 4 of them. (admittedly a slight exaggeration)

give me two average "proven" guys behind an adequate line, and I'm fine with that.

give me two average guys behind a "good" line and I'm less fine with that, but still ok.

give me two unproven guys behind an unproven line and tell me to be ok with that? I don't think so... :x

Brando19
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM

Taco Wallace ?

Bretsky, I really hope TT signs Taco Wallace because I'm convinced you're in love with the guy. A week doesn't go by without you mentioning him in a post. Everytime I go to Taco Bell...I think of you. :lol: :wink:

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:45 PM

You have to have a "committee". Our "committee" has 52 carries between all 4 of them. (admittedly a slight exaggeration)

give me two average "proven" guys behind an adequate line, and I'm fine with that.

give me two average guys behind a "good" line and I'm less fine with that, but still ok.

give me two unproven guys behind an unproven line and tell me to be ok with that? I don't think so... :x

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:45 PM
aCTUALLY HAVING A TWO HEADED monster at the rb position is en vogue at the moment.

J-Rok
04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Who isn't in love with Taco Wallace?

Anyone?

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:49 PM
aCTUALLY HAVING A TWO HEADED monster at the rb position is en vogue at the moment.

Agreed. Who are the "heads"?

Chris Brown and Vernand Morency scares the crap outta me.

Any combination of Beach/Pope/Morency/Herron scares the crap outta me too.

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Taco Wallace ?

Bretsky, I really hope TT signs Taco Wallace because I'm convinced you're in love with the guy. A week doesn't go by without you mentioning him in a post. Everytime I go to Taco Bell...I think of you. :lol: :wink:

One of the best names of all time; plus we have a few Taco Wallaces on the roster. His legend lives through some of the roster. NFL Europe Baby :wink:

Brando19
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Taco Wallace ?

One of the best names of all time; plus we have a few Taco Wallaces on the roster. His legend lives through some of the roster. NFL Europe Baby :wink:

LoL...I only hope Taco has a monument in Green Bay someday...perhaps at the Kmart? Or maybe they could name a street after him? Perhaps the alley behind Applebees?

retailguy
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
LoL...I only hope Taco has a monument in Green Bay someday...perhaps at the Kmart? Or maybe they could name a street after him? Perhaps the alley behind Applebees?

Nah... That's already known as "Longwell Lane"... :twisted:

Guiness
04-25-2007, 07:18 AM
I think it is just smart "posturing" by the Raiders. You can bet Quinn would request less money to go #1 compared to CJ or Russell, so they can essentially use him to lower their prices. Nothing would surprise at this point, especially with the Raiders...AND Kiffin is reportedly in love with Quinn, so yeah I could see it...but it won't happen.

If the Raiders had any inclination Quinn would turn out to be the better QB, you want to bet they'd give TB a bargain on the first pick. Throw out the stupid chart, ask Chucky for their 2nd, and make the trade. TB wants CJ, and Quinn will be there at #4.

They'd save a pile of dough, and get an extra pick. Nah, I changed my mind. It makes sense, so Davis would discard the idea out of hand :crazy:

Guiness
04-25-2007, 07:21 AM

Quite right. I'm going to start a new drinking game. Every time an announcer says "he's the lightning behind xxx's thunder' you drink! :!: