PDA

View Full Version : IF AP slips past...

packers11
04-24-2007, 08:04 PM
In this mock draft... AP slips to #10...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I know its only MOCK, but if AP does really slip to #9 (Miami)... Would you want the packers to try to bundle something together to get this stud RB???

Personally I think if he goes to #9, T.T. WILL TRY to do something to get AP...

Thoughts???

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 08:06 PM
I agree but I don't see him geting out of the top 7 at the worst.

Lurker64
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
We might be able to trade our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for the #10 pick and the #10 team's 3rd round pick. I'm not sure that would be a horrible trade.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
We might be able to trade our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for the #10 pick and the #10 team's 3rd round pick. I'm not sure that would be a horrible trade.

I think it would be AWFUL. It might prevent us from getting one more guy who *might* start this season. We've got a bunch of holes and with a little bit of luck, both the 1st round pick and the 2nd round pick might start and fill a hole.

I want to WIN in 2007. I'd rather trade a 3rd for Julius Jones (who I am NOT enamored with), rather than trade up for Peterson.

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Pipe Dreams

If AP or Quinn slip to 7, the Vikings are taking them

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Pipe Dreams

What if they BOTH slip to 7? Then what? :twisted:

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Pipe Dreams

What if they BOTH slip to 7? Then what? :twisted:

Not happening; plus Miami is trading up in front of Minnesota to grab Quinn.

Sources tell me :lol:

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:20 PM

Sources tell me that we're trading up... and taking CJ. Plus Mike Ditka was seen in Green Bay earlier today, buying a new Escalade at Van Boxtel Ford.

This was shortly before he was seen checking into Bellin hospital complaining about an erection "lasting more than 4 hours".

surely that means it must be true!

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Sources tell me that we're trading up... and taking CJ. Plus Mike Ditka was seen in Green Bay earlier today, buying a new Escalade at Van Boxtel Ford.

This was shortly before he was seen checking into Bellin hospital complaining about an erection "lasting more than 4 hours".

That was me checking into the Hospital with a 4 hour erection; I heard we signed a free agent :lol:

Partial
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM

I think it would be AWFUL. It might prevent us from getting one more guy who *might* start this season. We've got a bunch of holes and with a little bit of luck, both the 1st round pick and the 2nd round pick might start and fill a hole.

I want to WIN in 2007. I'd rather trade a 3rd for Julius Jones (who I am NOT enamored with), rather than trade up for Peterson.

But professional games are won with superstars. And I'd take two below average players and a super star over three average players.

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Man that would hurt! I'm still a young man, 33 years old 8-)

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
But professional games are won with superstars. And I'd take two below average players and a super star over three average players.

Peterson is not a superstar. Not by a long shot. He could become one, but clearly is not there today.

You can "feel it" all you want, but that don't make it true.

we've got a proven "superstar", his name is FAVRE, and he's being WASTED in his final couple of years...

b bulldog
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Lets not go down that road. Brett was a superstar in regards to talent, he no longer is. Let's not fool ourselves aboput Brett or our team. Brett is still above average but in regards to his play, he is no superstar.

Brando19
04-24-2007, 09:45 PM

That was me checking into the Hospital with a 4 hour erection; I heard we signed a free agent :lol:

Hahahaha :lol:

Brando19
04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Lets not go down that road. Brett was a superstar in regards to talent, he no longer is. Let's not fool ourselves aboput Brett or our team. Brett is still above average but in regards to his play, he is no superstar.

Get the hell out of here. You have sinned.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 09:47 PM

At this stage, today, he is more of a "superstar" than Adrian Peterson.

that's my real point. Christening a 1st round rookie and claiming we need him to "win", is not accurate.