View Full Version : Briggs, #1, #2 for CJ

Partial
04-24-2007, 10:33 PM
You heard it here first.

retailguy
04-24-2007, 10:35 PM
You heard it here first.

Heard WHAT?

CJ to Chicago? That what you're trying to say?

Partial
04-24-2007, 10:36 PM
yeah

Bretsky
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
You heard it here first.

You can be the PR Insider with sources........we'll give you kudos

You broke the story

Partial
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Washington wants to move down, Lions don't want to move down too far.

Bears trade Briggs to swap firsts with the 'Skins. Bears Trade 1st, and 2nd and a future 1st to swap with the Lions.

Lions still get Gaines Adams or Okoye.

CyclonePackFan
04-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Washington wants to move down, Lions don't want to move down too far.

Bears trade Briggs to swap firsts with the 'Skins. Bears Trade 1st, and 2nd and a future 1st to swap with the Lions.

Lions still get Gaines Adams or Okoye.

The hole I see in this theory is that it doesn't seem likely that either the Bears or the Lions would pull off a trade to potentially stack a division rival.

retailguy
04-25-2007, 08:55 AM
The hole I see in this theory is that it doesn't seem likely that either the Bears or the Lions would pull off a trade to potentially stack a division rival.

I guess this is where you chime back in and say that "Millen is the stupidest GM in all of football". LMAO...

:twisted:

Partial
04-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't know that the division thing will matter. Detroit wants to trade down to #6 because they can still get their guy and make a killing in the CJ process. I really don't think that would hold them back.

retailguy
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know that the division thing will matter. Detroit wants to trade down to #6 because they can still get their guy and make a killing in the CJ process. I really don't think that would hold them back.

Not a CHANCE in hell this trade goes through.

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree. Even Millen's not that stupid.

Partial
04-25-2007, 10:53 PM
How is that stupid? That is a marvelous deal for both teams. And, it will be approximately what Detroit would get for Calvin.

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 10:56 PM
And then they would lose to Chicago twice a year for his entire career. Granted, they will likely do that anyway, but this further seals the deal.

Partial
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
And then they would lose to Chicago twice a year for his entire career. Granted, they will likely do that anyway, but this further seals the deal.

Not really. He's not a QB or a defensive end. He'll be a good player no doubt, and he is pretty much a sure thing at being a very good player, but that doesn't mean he is a guaranteed bonafide superstar, that just means he has very few question marks and has the makeup of a solid to better than solid starter.

If he turns out to be ridiculous, he'd put Chicago over the top for this year. They would be hurt in the long run because of it, though.

I mean think about it. Giving up the #7 pick, a top 5 linebacker in the NFL, another 1st round pick, and a mid-second round pick.

Detroit gets a gamechanger on defense, and a proven NFL player, the #7 pick(saves them big time bucks), an additional first rounder the next year (2 #1 picks), and a 2 #2s this year. Not a bad haul for them at all.

Guiness
04-26-2007, 04:35 AM

LOL.

But, I agree with Partial's post after this. I hope this deal does go down, because it's a new loss for Chicago after this year, and Millen will screw it up somehow anyways. So it weakens two teams in our division :D