PDA

View Full Version : Ingle Martin 2nd String QB?

retailguy
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DOES INGLE MARTIN KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T?

We reported a couple of months back that the Packers had offered quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders for receiver Randy Moss. The deal hasn't gone down -- and even if Moss is shipped to Green Bay it doesn't mean that Rodgers will be the guy who goes to Oakland.

But a reader has pointed out to us an item from the web site of D1 Sports Training. One of the co-owners of the facility is Packers quarterback Ingle Martin. And the site declares that Martin is currently the second-string quarterback of the Packers.

It could be that the site was last updated after Rodgers was injured in 2006, which elevated Martin to No. 2. Or it could be that Martin is under the impression that he'll be the No. 2 to Brett Favre in 2007, even if Rodgers is still on the team.

And the struggles of Rodgers in Green Bay are a lesson to any team that is drafting in the bottom half of round one. Even if a team is reasonably certain that a player slated to go in the top of the draft will be long gone by the time it picks, there's still plenty of wisdom in doing a full work-up for every guy in which the team would potentially be interested, if he were to drop.

As the legend goes, the Packers assumed Rodgers would be long gone, and as a result they hadn't fully evaluated him. With that full evaluation, it's possible that Rodgers would have continued to slide past No. 24.

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I nominate this for dumbest PFT Rumor Of The Year.

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 10:13 AM

I second.

BF4MVP
04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow...

Lurker64
04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I've yet to be convinced that Martin isn't the QB of the future. Certainly, he doesn't have the pedigree that Rodgers has (though being a Tedford QB isn't much of an honor) but Ingle certainly has the Cal QB beat when it comes to attitude and physical tools from what I've seen. But I don't think this has anything to do with trading Rodgers to Oakland.

LL2
04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to trading ARod, as long as we got a decent pick in return and drafted Stanton so we have two decent QB's competing.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM

I second.

All in favor say, "Aye!"

Aye!

BooHoo
04-26-2007, 05:47 PM
AYE

Scott Campbell
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
As the legend goes, the Packers assumed Rodgers would be long gone, and as a result they hadn't fully evaluated him. With that full evaluation, it's possible that Rodgers would have continued to slide past No. 24.

The operative language here is "as the legend goes". That's the extent of their fact checking.