PDA

View Full Version : Restraining Order and Lynch

gureski
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else had posted information about this but I found it last week and wanted to lay it out there....

We keep hearing questions about Lynch's character but I've seen little actual proof of him doing anything laid out by the media. For what it's worth, here is something I found in a chat the other day:

Kevin (Berkeley): I've heard rumors that because of "character issues" and fumbling issues, Marshawn Lynch's stock has dropped to late-first round status. Is there any truth to this? Also, when exactly will Daymeion Hughes get drafted? I haven't seen two mock drafts where he goes in the same place.

Todd McShay: (12:38 PM ET ) The character stuff is hard to assess on Lynch because he was never charged or convicted with anything, although his ex-girlfriend did get a restraining order against him. I think he could drop to the bottom-half of the first round, but more due to his fumbling issues, nagging back injury and concerns about his inexperience as a fulltime load-carrying back.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Women ruin EVERYTHING!!!

On the other hand, its nice to know Lynch has similiar traits like Ahman. :P

LL2
04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Let's see if we can get Turner for a 2nd rd pick and get Olsen in the first. Then we will have two impact players on offense.

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Women ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Brace yourself, Burrito Boy.

The retribution from the EC girls could be brutal.

Packnut
04-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Women ruin EVERYTHING!!!

AMEN brother! :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Let's see if we can get Turner for a 2nd rd pick

Dream on.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Brace yourself, Burrito Boy.

The retribution from the EC girls could be brutal.
Dont worry, I got some carne for them hens.

Its just pisses me off that some dude works all his life to get drafted and then some crap like what a future groupie says is getting him dropped down. If he is a baller the I dont care what he does.

Fritz
04-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Women ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Women? I think it's the fumbling that's going to scare people away.

Besides, Mad, truth is neither you nor I know the story - it's possible she is ruining him for having done nothing, but it's also possible that she has reason to be scared and Lynch is an azz.

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
If he is a baller the I dont care what he does.

You'll care what he does when he gets his ass tossed in jail for domestic assault and can't play.

You seem to idolize Ahman who went through anger management counseling, got his wife back and seemingly has been a model citizen for quite a long time now. He simply will never live down his past...

LL2
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Dream on.

I’m dreaming and I’m on a sunny beach with a pina colada enjoying the scenery of topless babes in thongs…and them whack…my wife knocks me of my chair!

I'll stick to Packer dreams with great first rd picks and SB wins!

Partial
04-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Dream on.

????

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Dont worry, I got some carne for them hens.

It ain't having the carne, it's what you do with it that counts... :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Women? I think it's the fumbling that's going to scare people away.

Besides, Mad, truth is neither you nor I know the story - it's possible she is ruining him for having done nothing, but it's also possible that she has reason to be scared and Lynch is an azz.True, true but once a player throws on the G&G he's an angel IMO. If Lynch gets drafted by someone else I will rant on about how he is a terrible person and I am glad TT didnt pick him.

Yes, I know I am biased. :P

MadtownPacker
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I’m dreaming and I’m on a sunny beach with a pina colada enjoying the scenery of topless babes in thongs…and them whack…my wife knocks me of my chair!

Seeeeeeee... I told you women ruin everything!

retailguy
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Seeeeeeee... I told you women ruin everything!

Did anyone ever tell you that you're a wee bit paranoid? :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
????

My guess is it will take more than a 2nd round pick to get Turner. San Diego is a Super Bowl contender. They could use Turner to spell LT and as insurance. With Turner, they can still make the Super Bowl if LT gets injured.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't put a ton of stock into this expert, but I think he's closer to the truth than the person who said a 2nd rounder.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832

Michael Turner to Green Bay for No. 16

I've put a lot of thought into this. And I've talked to a lot of people in the league about it.

Between 2007 and 2011, Michael Turner will be a much better running back than Marshawn Lynch. And with his combination of hands, speed, and power, Turner is a perfect fit in the Packers system. And I have major questions about Lynch's durability and character.

Ted Thompson did a brilliant job in last year's draft and Mike McCarthy played a lot of the rookies, who will be very much ahead of the curve in 2007. If you trade for Turner, you have to sign him and the Packers have plenty of cap room. Right now Vernand Morency and Noah Herron top the depth chart at running back. That won't cut it.

If A.J. Smith could make this deal, he'd be a genius. The general manager would get a mid first-round pick for a player who won't be a Charger in 2008. And he could take a safety (Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson) or a receiver (Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr., Robert Meachem) at 16 and address the other position at the end of round one (Anthony Gonzalez, Steve Smith, Jarrett if he falls, Brandon Meriweather).

MadtownPacker
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
What he is saying is true. To hell with a 2nd, trade the #1 for Turner and you have a way better player then Lynch might ever be. Plus Turner still has an huge upside.

I changed my mind about Lynch. He is a lowlife. TT needs to trade for Turner even if it means the #1 pick.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
What he is saying is true. To hell with a 2nd, trade the #1 for Turner and you have a way better player then Lynch might ever be. Plus Turner still has an huge upside.

I changed my mind about Lynch. He is a lowlife. TT needs to trade for Turner even if it means the #1 pick.

Flipper :wink:

footballfever
04-26-2007, 01:36 AM
I can't wait till we pass on lynch because of character issues and then he tears up the league like randy moss did. I'd almost rather draft someone wiith character issues, if a dudes gonna do something nasty in between games, imagine what he's willing to do in game. These are kids with that proverbial chip on their shoulder, that bad attitude, it translates to good things on the field. But there's always that nebraska RB from years ago can't remember his name, he was quite the dud, but bottom line is take an F'in chance once in a while, we've had our share of first round busts anyway we'll forgive TT over time

MJZiggy
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I can't wait till we pass on lynch because of character issues and then he tears up the league like randy moss did. I'd almost rather draft someone wiith character issues, if a dudes gonna do something nasty in between games, imagine what he's willing to do in game. These are kids with that proverbial chip on their shoulder, that bad attitude, it translates to good things on the field. But there's always that nebraska RB from years ago can't remember his name, he was quite the dud, but bottom line is take an F'in chance once in a while, we've had our share of first round busts anyway we'll forgive TT over time

With the attitude that Goodell's had lately, that's a pretty big risk that's less about him performing on the field, or even getting arrested, but being made an example of. Imagine Goodell deciding with your draftee's first screwup that he wants to show the league that he doesn't want that type of player in his league and tosses him...

packrulz
04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
"Lynch stands 5-foot-11 1/8 and packs 215 pounds onto that frame. He doesn't have stop-the-presses type speed, but he runs well enough, posting a 40-yard dash time of 4.46 seconds at the NFL combine.

"Excellent football player," Seattle offensive coordinator Gil Haskell said of Lynch. "You know what I like, he has size and speed. I didn't realize he was that thick. That's huge."

With Lynch, though, there are two major questions NFL teams had: character and his back.

Lynch has had two run-ins with the law in the last 10 months.

The first came last June when unknown assailants shot at Lynch's car outside of Oakland Technical High School, his alma mater. Lynch wasn't the intended target of the shooting, though, and he claims the shooter later phoned his mother to apologize.

"It was tough, but that problem was resolved," Lynch said. "It was a miscommunication. The guy thought that I was somebody I wasn't. I got that cleared up. My mother received a phone call about 20 minutes after that and they apologized for what happened. So that was cleared up."

Then in January, Lynch's high school girlfriend accused him of sexual assault in Emeryville, Calif. Four days later, the Alameda County deputy district attorney declined to press charges citing a lack of evidence and "grave inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's accusations.

New NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has stressed character in the league more than ever before. It's highly unlikely, though, that Lynch's transgressions would be enough to stop the Packers from drafting him.

"I know it's an emphasis, but all of the teams, I think, certainly most that I know of, are very conscious of the character factor," Thompson said. "And we are here in Green Bay, very conscious of the kind of players we want to put in our locker room with our team."

Lynch also has what is described as a congenital disc abnormality in his lower back. So Thompson used one of his 30 allotted pre-draft visits on Lynch last week to have his back examined.

Green Bay's doctors were satisfied with what they saw and passed Lynch on his physical. Chances are that was music to Thompson's ears.

Because Thompson isn't into games, it's extremely unlikely he would have ever brought Lynch to Green Bay if there wasn't substantial interest in the first place. Of course, that answer won't be fully revealed until Saturday."

esoxx
04-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I can't wait till we pass on lynch because of character issues and then he tears up the league like randy moss did.

Pacman Lynch ain't going to be no f'ing Randy Moss tearing up the league. Pass.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Unlike Moss, Pacman Lynch is not a freak of nature at his position. He might be good but I dont see him tearing up anything in record setting fashion.

PackerPro42
04-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't know if this has already been said but the restraining order has been dropped on Lynch due to lack of evdence in the case.

MJZiggy
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
The restraining order or the charges?

PackerPro42
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I believe both, but don't quote me on that.

Joemailman
04-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Although Lynch was not charged with anything, that doesn't mean that nothing happened. Also, that shooting incident sounds strange to me. A guy shoots bullets at a passing car and then calls to apologize because it was a mistaken identity? I didn't know would-be murderers were so considerate. I'll cheer for the guy if TT picks him, but I'm hoping he'll pass.

b bulldog
04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't like him much neither.