PDA

View Full Version : Official 2007 Live Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 11:26 PM
G'nite folks. I will be dreaming of sacks and INT's tonight.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 11:26 PM
When I picture Jackson, I picture Clinton Portis. Write-up seems similiar to what i'd right for Portis. Except the negatives probably wouldn't be there.

Watch his video. Looks like Edge. Or, more appropriately, Dominic Rhodes.

The Leaper
04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I like Rouse...not sure where he will fit at this point, and I'm not sure Thompson does either. He has the ability to fit at either SS or SLB...I'm guessing they stick him at SS to start with, because I feel they think Poppinga still can improve. If Popp flames out...I wouldn't be shocked if they consider switching Rouse to SLB.

packers11
04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
haha i'm watching the video of the pick shown then them booing T.T...

I find all the booing amusing... But maybe im just a sick individual ... haha

chain_gang
04-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Did David Irons go yet?

The Leaper
04-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Pete Prisco predicted this pick yesterday for Green Bay; he's been accurate in the past. I almost fell off my chair when I heard that this morning. And he was right

Yeah...Kirwan also nailed it.

When I'm talking about mocks, I'm talking about the plethora out there in the weeks leading up to the draft by people who really have no connection to NFL personnel whatsoever.

Guys who were talking to GMs and scouts knew Harrell was likely a top 20 pick. Talent gets snapped up on the DL quickly in the draft.

wist43
04-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Very, very, very underwhelming draft.

Big bunch of "so what".

This makes me feel great. You said the same thing last year Wist...and the draft turned out to be a pretty good one.

No I didn't... I liked last years draft all along. There's a paper trail if you care to look. I call em as I see em.

As for being underwhelmed to this point... overall, I just don't see how this makes them much better.

I have a feeling I'm going to like Harrell - even if I don't agree with the pick. As I've said, for the pick to be justified, Harrell has to at least flash pro bowl ability. The Packers are pretty solid at DT to begin with, so they've put themselves in a position where they're going to have to cut a pretty good player to make room for Harrell, and then Harrell will step in and simply be a part of that 4 man rotation. If he turns out to be special, then it's a good pick - if he's just good, it's a bad pick.

Brandon Jackson - somebody compared him to Morency... seems to be a pretty fair comparison. I would hope that Jackson is a little tougher, but he really doesn't seem to be a 20-25 carry/gm back. So what does that leave the Packers with??? Two 12.5 carry/gm backs??? I think the Packers needed to land a back that could carry the load. Morency is strictly a 3rd down back IMO.

James Jones - PFW had him rated as an undrafted FA; Sporting News as a 4th rounder. Does he have the short area burst and long speed to seperate him from Ruvell Martin and Carlyle Holiday??? Seems like just a guy.

Aaron Rouse - Doesn't seem to fit anything the Packers do. Is he going to be able to match up in coverage??? In a different scheme, I think I'd love the pick, but given what the Packers do on defense, I find it a very curious pick.

It seems to me, that the drafting of these specific players, at the positions they play, simply beg more questions than they answer.

Partial
04-28-2007, 11:36 PM
When I picture Jackson, I picture Clinton Portis. Write-up seems similiar to what i'd right for Portis. Except the negatives probably wouldn't be there.

Watch his video. Looks like Edge. Or, more appropriately, Dominic Rhodes.

I was going to comment but I did not. It wasn't a direct link that you posted. I'll youtube him right now.

After watching, I must say he kinda runs like Ahman. Definitely runs with a nasty streak. It looks like he played bigger than he is; I figured he'd be more of a scatback.

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I like Rouse...not sure where he will fit at this point, and I'm not sure Thompson does either. He has the ability to fit at either SS or SLB...I'm guessing they stick him at SS to start with, because I feel they think Poppinga still can improve. If Popp flames out...I wouldn't be shocked if they consider switching Rouse to SLB.

Rouse will be there to keep that friggin' new Lion in check. I bet he gets the assignment to back up Harris against CJ.

The Leaper
04-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Where are you getting this stuff Wist? :D

You weren't thrilled on Hawk last year...said he'd be OK, but not great. Besides, it is easier to be thrilled about a draft when you are picking 5th overall.

Jones is a very solid WR. I think he is an even better prospect that Jennings long term...although he certainly isn't the playmaker WR we need and will need some time to develop.

Jackson is not like Morency. He is very similar to Ahman Green in many ways. He is a solid all-around talent who is capable on short yardage stuff...which I know is your main concern with Morency. I think they will make a good tandem.

Rouse...he's an enigma right now. However, you have to give TT props for taking a guy like that and saying he projects him to SS...more or less admitting that he made a mistake on Manuel.

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Wisty, I love your posts.

'nuff said.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Just posted the PI chat on the draft; check it out as there is some good juice

My general comments of the day

Time will tell on the first

I like the second, BUT instead of trading down GB should have traded up a few spots in front on MN to secure Rice or Jarrett. When they went off the board you were now getting the next level down in quality at WR IMO. They could have probably given up a 4th or so to get there, and they could always trade down in round 3. Still could have picked up Pittman and possibly Jackson..but probably not.

I'd have liked to see them get Rice/Jarrett along with Pittman in addition to my first.

It seems like TT is aggressive to trade down but passive to trade up

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I like the second, BUT instead of trading down GB should have traded up a few spots in front on MN to secure Rice or Jarrett.

One question. If the Packers did get Moss, would you feel the same way?

Partial
04-28-2007, 11:50 PM

I like the second, BUT instead of trading down GB should have traded up a few spots in front on MN to secure Rice or Jarrett. When they went off the board you were now getting the next level down in quality at WR IMO. They could have probably given up a 4th or so to get there, and they could always trade down in round 3. Still could have picked up Pittman and possibly Jackson..but probably not.

I'd have liked to see them get Rice/Jarrett along with Pittman in addition to my first.

Rice violates what once was the "gator receiver rule" which has since evolved to the "spurrier receiver rule". Jarrett would have been nice, though. He has excellent body control for the jump ball.

Partial
04-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I like the second, BUT instead of trading down GB should have traded up a few spots in front on MN to secure Rice or Jarrett.

I would not, because then the need of a big receiver who can catch the jump ball is filled.

Tony Oday
04-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Well lets just trade next years 3rd rounder for Moss :)

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:56 PM

My assumption is Green Bay will not get Moss. If the pick is to get Moss in the fourth OR trade up I'm fine with Moss.

But if they do both they end up with

Driver
Moss
Jennings
Rice or Jarrett
Hollyday
Martin

Moss has a few years left and the WR core is set up for many years to come; to go up five spots would not have cost much. I'd still support doing it; but if you assume Green Bay is getting Moss I'm probably 51/49 and have no problem with the argument that you dont' do it then.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:58 PM

Rice violates what once was the "gator receiver rule" which has since evolved to the "spurrier receiver rule". Jarrett would have been nice, though. He has excellent body control for the jump ball.

You've expanded the rule :lol:

I know the curse of the Gator WR's, but have we had any busts from Spurriers new gig yet ?

We'll get to see it one way or the other two times a year

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Well lets just trade next years 3rd rounder for Moss :)

I'd do that; my guess is it's out of TT's comfort zone.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 11:59 PM
My assumption is Green Bay will not get Moss. If the pick is to get Moss in the fourth OR trade up I'm fine with Moss.

But if they do both they end up with

Driver
Moss
Jennings
Rice or Jarrett
Hollyday
Martin

True, but then you have a solid 4th WR at the expense of probably 2-3 less picks (minus the one they gained for trading down + the 1-2 it would have taken to trade up).

wist43
04-29-2007, 12:01 AM
No, I wasn't "thrilled" with the Hawk, still aren't; however, I like Hawk, knew he wouldn't be a bust, and have liked most of the rest of last years draft from the git-go.

The more I look at Harrell, the more I'm hopeful that he can become something; but, again, I'm not sure that makes them that much better, when you consider that they're going to have to dump a pretty good player.

If Harrell becomes a monster - then all is forgiven, of course... knew it all along, and all that. :wink:

It's almost as if TT has managed to draft some half way decent players, but really hasn't impoved the team much... I just find this to be a very curious draft.

Partial
04-29-2007, 12:02 AM

You've expanded the rule :lol:

I know the curse of the Gator WR's, but have we had any busts from Spurriers new gig yet ?

We'll get to see it one way or the other two times a year

It's being worked in a trial, precautionary basis :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 12:04 AM
No, I wasn't "thrilled" with the Hawk, still aren't; however, I like Hawk, knew he wouldn't be a bust, and have liked most of the rest of last years draft from the git-go.

I think you liked Hodge the most, and he may end up being the biggest bust from that draft. I thought you didn't like Colledge because he was too light?

wist43
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I love Hodge... but, he is what he is - a two down MLB. He's very limited, and I never thought he was a good fit for what the Packers ask their LB's to do.

I thought Hodge was a miscast pick, just as my initial impressions of Rouse are that he is a miscast pick as well. Like I said earlier, in another system I think I would love the Rouse pick; in the Packers system, I don't know how he fits.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I sure hope Hodge doesn't have the same fate of our 2001 3rd round draft pick who was also a LB

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 12:10 AM
I also remember Wist being rather so-so on the draft last year...I think he has softened somewhat in the last year. He's a stand up guy and I'm too lazy to go look it up, so I'll leave it at that. :D

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I thought Hodge was a miscast pick, just as my initial impressions of Rouse are that he is a miscast pick as well. Like I said earlier, in another system I think I would love the Rouse pick; in the Packers system, I don't know how he fits.

Well, Thompson says he is a SS. In other words...Manuel's replacement. As that, I think Rouse could have a future if he can learn some coverage skills. He has far more size and speed than Manuel.

I agree that Rouse is an enigma right now though...it will be interesting to follow this during the summer months.

mraynrand
04-29-2007, 12:12 AM
[quote="The Leaper"][quote=wist43]
I have a feeling I'm going to like Harrell - even if I don't agree with the pick. As I've said, for the pick to be justified, Harrell has to at least flash pro bowl ability. The Packers are pretty solid at DT to begin with, so they've put themselves in a position where they're going to have to cut a pretty good player to make room for Harrell, and then Harrell will step in and simply be a part of that 4 man rotation.

I have to disagree on this one. I think the Packers were extremely weak at DT. Lets review. They have Pickett, who was their best, and possibly only, run stopping DT. And he was just so-so. He got his ass handed to him on a number of occassions, someimes for entire games (Jets, anyone?). Who else - Corey Williams - guy played OK, but played well against some pretty underwhelming talent. Jenkins is a great hustler and is a good DT for rushing the passer - but he was dog meat against the run. And this year's plan has to have him out at end a lot anyway. Cole is just a guy. There's nothing else there. The Packers gave up 4.14 yards/rush last year, good for 17th in the NFL. Poor run stopping on first down was one of the reasons they sucked. They had a lot of third and shorts to give away last year.

Finally, the Packers have made their bed at LB (Wist, this is your mantra) - they play fast and they play soft at LB. They HAVE to protect their LBs, or the guys will get crushed by linemen coming though. A huge run stopping DT could be just the guy they need. Just imagine if they had taken Stroud instead of Reynolds in 2001. That's what we're looking at here. I think it's going to turn out to be a great pick.

Partial
04-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I couldn't have said it any better myself Rand.

Guiness
04-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Still have the sig, eh Bretsky? How's that working out for you? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 12:42 AM
I certainly agree with the assessment that Green Bay could use a more talented DT. I would have preferred a guy that could collapse the pocket...but I think Harrell will be a load on a line that proved it could get after the passer last year. It wasn't our most pressing need...but if you can get a guy who has long arms and tremendous size, you have a chance to get a big payoff.

Freak Out
04-29-2007, 12:46 AM
I have no problem with a DT being taken with the 1st pick, but I'm just a bit worried about the injuries this guy has sustained.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 12:49 AM
I have no problem with a DT being taken with the 1st pick, but I'm just a bit worried about the injuries this guy has sustained.

TT noted he had him rated as the #1 DT over Okoye. But not a ton of game film to scout the guy on and grade him that high.

TT clearly likes the measurables on this guy

Partial
04-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Who are some guys we should look at on Day 2? I am hoping the Moss deal goes down and we end up with a tight end. Who is left?

Partial
04-29-2007, 12:57 AM
'night guys, i'm hittin' the sack

lod01
04-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Who are some guys we should look at on Day 2? I am hoping the Moss deal goes down and we end up with a tight end. Who is left?

Kevin Boss.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 01:48 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Scott Chandler from Iowa is left at TE. I'd love to see us pick up DeAndre Jackson (one because I'm a homer and two because I've seen him listed as the potential "steal of the draft" and three because you can never have too many good CB's.)

lod01
04-29-2007, 01:53 AM
if we can't score we can't win.

The only thing that will be a saving grace to me for TT this draft is a trade for moss.

Truly, I give up defending him.

You'll see plenty of points with Favre, Brandon Jackson, Driver, Moss and Jennings.

What a great call by me. Now for Kevin Boss on Sunday and trading for Moss.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 01:54 AM

Does Troy Williamson count?

Joemailman
04-29-2007, 06:01 AM

Ben Patrick, TE Delaware, CB Tanard Jackson, RB Antonio Pittman, RB Michael Bush are a few

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Good morning fellas.

I suggest you all watch the yahoo vid on Harrell. He looks like a beast.

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 07:22 AM
I really hope we get the Moss deal done by I have my doubts that it will get done.

Farley Face
04-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Good morning fellas.

I suggest you all watch the yahoo vid on Harrell. He looks like a beast.

Gotta link?

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 07:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_ylt=Aus0JE3R0cFEdGW9uc24a_45nYcB?round=1&dl=nfl

click on the little camera by the player you want to see.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Good morning fellas.

Good morning to you too, ma'am.

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Good moring fellas and fellettes :)

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 08:02 AM
My wish list today:

4th this year and 4th next year- Moss
5th- Draft a TE (boss/chandler/patrick/harris)

pack4to84
04-29-2007, 08:04 AM
I really like the A.Rouse pick. Now Collins can play center field and Rouse can play up near the line. Watch the video on yahoo he look like a beast.

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Anyone who watches the harrell vid, let it go through 1 full time then drag the icon back to the start and it will play well the second time.

I think there are too many watching at the same time.

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Woke up this morning to read an interesting grudge match between Leaper and Merlin.

Just because PackerPro42 isn't here doesn't mean you guys have to take our place as catfighters. :D :wink:

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 08:16 AM
So, I had to go out for a while last night and totally lost my place. I realize that there were picks traded around so can someone give me a quick summary of what we acquired and what's coming up for today?

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 08:18 AM
The front page at Packers.com does a good job recapping and showing what is coming up.

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 08:20 AM
My Wish list for today:

TE Ben Patrick
FB Le'Ron McClain (I'm sorry, I have an absolute man-crush on this guy)
Moss, perhaps?

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 08:21 AM
One regret:

Weddle.

At least he's in SD.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Our Divsion:

Peterson
Johnson
Rice
Olsen

:shock:

I'd give the Viking, Bears, and lions all A's.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Harrell is an A player. seems he was a bit overlooked by many is all.

With all that 1st round offense coming, we needed a black and blue defensive player. We got one.

Watch his film.

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 08:28 AM
That vid was pretty impressive huh tar?

He's big and tall but he can get away from blocks. He doenst' get swallowed up at all. He's sooo good with his hands.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah, Nick, thanks for digging it up.

I was awestruck by this guy. I had no idea about him.

Good that TT has dudes on the payroll that know more about it the most of us.

We'd all have picked olsen or Meachem or maybe even reached for Irons.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey Tar!! Your 2000th post. Congrats, man!!

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 08:34 AM
I echo MJ's statement.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 08:41 AM
TT noted he had him rated as the #1 DT over Okoye. But not a ton of game film to scout the guy on and grade him that high.

TT clearly likes the measurables on this guy

Not sure about that. The guy did play in 33 games in his career. He performed at a high level. There was game film to scout. You just have to assume that he'll get back to that level after the injury.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey Tar!! Your 2000th post. Congrats, man!!

Damned, I missed it!

Thanks, Ballhawk, too.

Guiness
04-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Morning (or something like it) all. Let's get things rollllling! :jig: :cow:

Chubbyhubby
04-29-2007, 09:09 AM
my gut feeling is that because we went out and got offense the frst day. James Jones WR Brandon Jackson RB we are going to pick D the last remaining picks. I'd love it if they got TE Ben Patrick from Deleware. My gut tells me he will be gone when the Packers pick. The rumors that I had heard is that NE might get Randy Moss instead of us...

swede
04-29-2007, 09:11 AM
While watching the vid I had a couple of thoughts about Harrell.

He was on the ground a lot making plays. Your 40 time doesn't matter much diving at rb's from your knees.

He has an awesome sense for where the ball is. Harrell may have had more ints than Leon Hall. I agree with what you've said about how well he uses his arms to shed blockers. That may be how he got that torn bicep--an injury that another 92 once had.

I was hoping to see him blow guys up at the line of scrimmage, but he seems to go around blockers rather than through them. I hope that skill translates to the next level.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Is Tanard Jackson still out there, I think he would make a great 3rd.

swede
04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
my gut feeling is that because we went out and got offense the frst day. James Jones WR Brandon Jackson RB we are going to pick D the last remaining picks. I'd love it if they got TE Ben Patrick from Deleware. My gut tells me he will be gone when the Packers pick. The rumors that I had heard is that NE might get Randy Moss instead of us...

I think he'll be picking some O line and TE help.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I don't know. We still seem to have a little wiggle room, but if Moss sticks to only being willing to renegotiate with NE, then it may not happen today as NE HAS to be thinking they have an inside lane and will offer less than AD will take. It will be a fascinating day and if anything gets done it will be right when I have to be away this afternoon.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't know. We still seem to have a little wiggle room, but if Moss sticks to only being willing to renegotiate with NE, then it may not happen today as NE HAS to be thinking they have an inside lane and will offer less than AD will take. It will be a fascinating day and if anything gets done it will be right when I have to be away this afternoon.

Moss said he would only renegotiate with NE?

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I think TT will bundle all remaining picks, except the compensation 7th, and trade it for the first 4th rounder overall, so he can select a long snapper.

You heard it here first.

Yes, I am kidding.

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 09:20 AM

Moss said he would only renegotiate with NE?

Not really. He said he'd renegotiate with NE, so than someone on the internet assumed that meant he wouldn't renegotiate with the Pack. It's just gossip.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 09:20 AM
I heard that yesterday morning, but it's likely been debunked and restated and debunked again since then. There is more misinformation out there than in a nasty election campaign.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Not getting Moss sure changes my attitude about the Jones pick. He seems like a guy that you get to be a slot receiver. We need the big vertical threat.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Not getting Moss sure changes my attitude about the Jones pick. He seems like a guy that you get to be a slot receiver. We need the big vertical threat.

Exactly.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 09:43 AM

All injuries are not created equal. He didn't tear an ACL.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT GETTING MOSS ????

IF WE DON'T LAND HIM I'M REVERTING BACK TO MY ROUND TWO COMMENTS

Lynx4Ben
04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Breaking News: Moss to Pats

Now we can fire TT.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Day 2 begins!

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Any 6'4" receivers with deep speed left? Oh well! I wanted Moss for the right price, but it wasn't life or death like it appears it was to some posters.
:D

We need playmakers, TE, OT, and CB. Let's roll.

Lynx4Ben
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
It wasn't life or death, it was more like 10-6 or 4-12.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Any 6'4" receivers with deep speed left? Oh well! I wanted Moss for the right price, but it wasn't life or death like it appears it was to some posters.
:D

We need playmakers, TE, OT, and CB. Let's roll.

No kidding, I'm worried about gbpackfan.....

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:05 AM

To me, it was more like 8-8/9-7 or 10-6.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:07 AM

To me, it was more like 8-8/9-7 or 10-6.

LOL, Washington just said the Los Angeles Raiders!

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Michael Bush
RB | (6'1", 243, 4.6) | LOUISVILLE

Scouts Grade: 74

Strengths: A big, powerful and fast prospect with premier running back potential in the NFL. He possesses great straight-line speed and agility for his size. He shows good initial burst but also displays patience as a runner. His vision is excellent and he does a very good job of changing direction in the backfield in order to hit the developing backside hole. Great feet for his size. When he runs with adequate pad-level he can run through defenders. He also has enough speed to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner. He's a versatile athlete that was recruited to play quarterback out of high school. He possesses good athleticism and hand-eye coordination. He looks smooth when catching the ball out of the backfield. Shows reliable hands and flashes the ability to pluck the ball on the run, as well as away from his body. He has experience working out of the slot and split out wide. Is an outstanding route-runner for a running back, especially for his size. He has ideal size and strength to handle blocking responsibility at the next level. Also shows willingness in blitz pickup.

Weaknesses: Durability is now a pressing concern following season-ending broken leg injury as a senior. He also missed two games (Rutgers, Syracuse) due to injury in 2005. He possesses great speed for his size, but he's not going to run away from NFL defenders as frequently as he does at the collegiate level. He lacks ideal elusiveness and will struggle to make defenders miss as frequently in space at the next level. Runs too high at times. Needs to show more consistent pad-level and also needs to add a better stiff-arm move to his repertoire. Conditioning and stamina can improve. Can use some technique work as a blocker. Has the tools to be outstanding in this facet but needs to refine angles and show more consistent leverage at the point of attack.

Overall: Bush arrived at Louisville in 2003, played in all 13 (four starts) as a true freshman, and carried 81 times for 503 yards (6.2 average), scored six touchdowns, and caught 17 passes for 240 yards and one touchdown. In 2004, Bush played in all 12 games (three starts) and rushed for 743 yards on 132 carries (5.6 average) with seven touchdowns and added 11 receptions for 155 yards. Bush also threw a 48-yard touchdown pass versus TCU. In 2005, Bush started eight of the 10 contests he played in and missed two games with a foot injury. He rushed 205 times for a Big East-high 1,143 yards (5.6 average), and set a Louisville school record for rushing touchdowns with 23 earning first team All-Big East honors (coaches). He also made 21 receptions for 253 yards and one touchdown. Bush broke his leg in the 2006 season opener after carrying 17 times for 128 yards and three touchdowns and was forced to miss the remainder of the year.
Bush underwent a second surgical procedure in March of 2007 to remove the initial rod and insert a new rod into his injured left leg. The most recent surgery will require at least two months of rehabilitation, which obviously means Bush enters draft-weekend having failed to workout for NFL teams. Prior to the injury, Bush was considered the top senior running back in this year's class heading into the 2006 season. Now, with concerns regarding his short-term and long-term durability, as well as his eating habits, Bush is in danger of freefalling out of Day 1 entirely.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks for another day of Scouts Ras, my Insider ran out. :(

HarveyWallbangers
Mike Bush

Good back in the right system.

Rastak

NP....not a bad pick by the Raiders.....

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Mine too.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM

My Insider never existed. :mrgreen:

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Michael Bush
RB | (6'1", 243, 4.6) | LOUISVILLE

Scouts Grade: 74

Hey Ras, can you repost the Harrell bio? I'd go find it myself, but geez - 117 pages????

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Weird pick by Jax.....

Adam Podlesh
PT | (5'11", 202, 4.45) | MARYLAND

Scouts Grade: 57 Selected by: Jacksonville Jaguars
Round: 4
Pick (Overall): 2(101)

Strengths: Is efficient and gets rid of the ball quickly. Possesses good leg strength and gets excellent distance on kicks. Flashes excellent accuracy and can place the ball inside the opponent's 20-yardline. Gets good distance when kicking off, is a reliable holder on field goal attempts and is versatile. Possesses excellent top-end speed, has good athletic ability and can run fakes effectively.

Weaknesses: While generally gets good hang time on kicks, is somewhat inconsistent in this area and occasionally out-kicks the coverage.

Overall: Podlesh was redshirted in 2002. In 2003, he won the starting spot for all 13 games and punted 53 times for 2,241 yards (42.3 average), with a long of 63 yards, and 22 punts inside the 20-yardline. Podlesh started all 11 contests in 2004 and had 63 punts for 2,755 yards (43.7 average), with a long of 70 yards, and 21 punts inside the 20-yardline. In 2005, he again started all 11 games and punted 44 times for 1,918 yards (43.6 average), with a long of 61 yards, and 17 punts inside the 20-yardline. Podlesh has been a member of the All-ACC second team each of the past three seasons finishing behind 2005 Ray Guy Award winner Ryan Plackemeier of Wake Forest. He has also held for the field goal team and kicked off twice for 110 yards. Podlesh appeared in all 13 games in 2006, punting 56 times for 2,400 yards (42.9 average) with 23 punts inside the 20-yardline, earning the fourth All-ACC (second team) selection of his career. He never had a punt blocked at the collegiate level.
Podlesh may out-kick the coverage at times but his range, accuracy and versatility clearly make him the best punter in this year's draft class. He projects as a second-day pick and could be the top punter selected in the 2007 class.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Vikes move up...hmmmmm

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Adam Podlesh
PT | (5'11", 202, 4.45) | MARYLAND

Scouts Grade: 57 Selected by: Jacksonville Jaguars
Pick (Overall): 2(101)

Somewhere, Mike Sherman sheds a tear...

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Vikes take DE.....

Brian Robison
DE | (6'3", 259, 4.67) | TEXAS

Scouts Grade: 72

Strengths: Shows good initial quickness. Plays with a great motor and is relentless in pursuit. Possesses good upper body strength and flashes the ability to shed blocks quickly. Uses hands to protect legs and stays balanced. Shows good discipline, closes down cutback lanes and rarely gets caught out of position. Possesses outstanding leaping ability, times jumps well and generally does a good job of getting hands into passing windows when doesn't get to the quarterback. Has blocked five kicks and can make an immediate impact on special teams. Has experience lining up at linebacker and is a good fit for defenses that run multiple fronts.

Weaknesses: Is somewhat undersized. Lacks ideal height and possesses just adequate bulk. Gets rag-dolled too frequently when teams run at him. Doesn't have great lower body strength and isn't an effective bull rusher. Lacks ideal range and isn't a sideline-to-sideline player. Shows adequate quickness on a straight-line but looks stiff in the hips and is to slow when changing directions. Though he does a good job of anticipating the snap count, he lacks elite explosiveness and won't beat many offensive tackles with closing burst off the edge. Doesn't have great top-end speed and is going to have problems turning the corner. Has had some problems staying healthy and durability is somewhat of a concern.

Overall: Robison was redshirted in 2002 before appearing in 13 games (three starts) at middle linebacker during the 2003 season registering 38 tackles, four tackles for loss, one forced fumble, and four blocked kicks (tied a school record). In 2004, he started all 12 games at right defensive end and continued to play special teams, finishing the year with 48 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 18 quarterback hurries, and one interception. Robison started 12 games in 2005 recording 58 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, seven sacks, two fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles, and one blocked kick. He missed much of the Oklahoma State game and all of the Baylor game with a leg injury. In 2006 he appeared in 12 of 13 games, starting nine contests, and finished with 37 tackles, eight tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and one blocked field goal.
Robison is a blue-collar player with good versatility. He displays good initial quickness as a pass rusher and he has good value on special teams, primarily blocking kicks. However, while tested extremely well in pre-draft workouts, he is not nearly the athlete on the football field and he also lacks functional strength. In our opinion, Robison is a fringe Day 1 prospect that likely will be drafted higher than he should be due to his exceptional combine showing.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
:lol: The Sherman jokes never get old

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
anybody got a stream?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Ras,

What was the trade involving Minnesota?

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Everybody's so fucking depressed I gotta do something to lighten the mood...

TennesseePackerBacker
04-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I see DeOssie is one of Kipers "best available" wasn't someone on here singing his praises? We haven't went LB yet and there is still Alexander, Tim Shaw, DeOssie out there..

Scott Campbell

Not everybody. Mostly just the usual suspects.

Lurker64

Who's depressed? I'm peachy keen.

Rastak
Ras,

Not sure but they still have 22 in the 4th.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I see DeOssie is one of Kipers "best available" wasn't someone on here singing his praises? We haven't went LB yet and there is still Alexander, Tim Shaw, DeOssie out there..

I like him. Big kid, solid measurables, son of former NFL player, smart. If nothing else, a very good special team's player.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:21 AM
To the Cowgals....

Isaiah Stanback
QB | (6'2", 216, 4.62) | WASHINGTON

Scouts Grade: 59

Strengths: Has good arm strength, puts good zip on downfield passes and can make all the throws. Possesses good size and it tall enough to see the entire field. Shows good patience when gets sound pass protection and has improved decision making. Possesses great mobility, throws fairly well on the run and is capable of making defenders miss. Has good lower body strength, shows great balance and flashes the ability to break tackles. Shows good ball skills and sells play action. Has good top-end speed, can change directions quickly and is capable of developing into a dangerous open field runner. Plays with confidence and is a leader on the field.

Weaknesses: Loses the strike zone too much, doesn't have a great sense of timing and hasn't shown the ability to lead receivers. Doesn't put great touch on short-to-intermediate pass and puts too much zip on shorter passes. Throws off back foot at times, doesn't always follow through and isn't fundamentally sound. Lacks ideal awareness, doesn't read defenses well and throws into coverage at times. Shows happy feet in the pocket and needs to show better poise. While has excellent athletic ability doesn't have great pocket presence and isn't as effective buying time in the pocket as natural ability would suggest. While has improved in this area, occasionally tries to do too much and gets into trouble when doesn't take what defense gives him. Holds onto the ball too long and takes some big hits. Appears indecisive at times and isn't as effective running the ball as someone with his natural ability should be. Suffered a season-ending broken foot injury vs. Oregon State (10/14) as a senior in 2006.

Overall: Stanback was redshirted in 2002. He appeared in 11 games during the 2003 season. While he primarily lined up at receiver, he connected on his only two passing attempts for 18 yards. Stanback also rushed for 27 yards on eight carries, caught ten passes for 143 yards, and returned eight kickoffs that year. He started one of the five games he played quarterback in during the 2004 season. Stanback threw for 389 yards, three interceptions, and three touchdowns while completing 33.8-percent of his passes. He also rushed for 66 yards and two touchdowns on 41 carries. Stanback started all 11 games in 2005 throwing for 2,136 yards, nine touchdowns, and six interceptions while completing 54.2-percent of his throws. He also rushed for 353 yards and five touchdowns on 100 carries. The Baltimore Orioles selected him in the 45th round of the 2006 MLB draft. In 2006, he started the first seven games before suffering a Lisfranc foot injury against Oregon State, which required surgery. In those seven games Stanback threw for 1,325 yards, 10 touchdowns, and three interceptions while completing 53.4-percent of his passes. He also rushed 85 times for 350 yards and four touchdowns.
Stanback's marginal footwork has always led to poor accuracy as a passer. In order to compete for playing time as a quarterback his overall mechanics and decision-making skills must greatly improve. He also comes with durability baggage. However, he possesses good size, a powerful arm and outstanding mobility. If he doesn't make it as a quarterback, Stanback is athletic enough to contribute at wide receiver, running back and/or in the return game. That potential versatility is the reason we grade him higher than many other more polished passers in this year's class.

Partial
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT GETTING MOSS ????

IF WE DON'T LAND HIM I'M REVERTING BACK TO MY ROUND TWO COMMENTS

I agree, if he knew at the time he wasn't getting Moss he should have made Jarrett or Rice happen. TT is losing my support. The writing was on the wall for this deal to take place, including the two third round picks. God damn it TT.

Rastak
Ras,

Looks like they gave up their 6th.

HarveyWallbangers
Darrell Jackson was just traded to division rival San Fran for a 4th round pick.

Looks like Minnesota traded a 6th to move up 4 spots in this round.

CyclonePackFan
Ehhh...just reading some of the stuff on here I'm beginning to think the sky is falling...I was out watching the draft at a party without internet access (damn wireless) and then I spend the later two rounds watching the Brewers get absolutely SHELLED by the Astros over in Minute Maid...

TennesseePackerBacker

Who's depressed? I'm peachy keen.

I'm normally pretty negative on this stuff, but I like this Packer draft so far. We actually found a starter in rd. 1 and added depth to 3 key need positions. Plus this Jackson kid isn't bad, he just needs to be given a chance. I must admit though, with Pittman still on the board it makes you wonder.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Darrell Jackson was just traded to division rival San Fran for a 4th round pick.

Looks like Minnesota traded a 6th to move up 4 spots in this round.

They certainly needed a DE......

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm normally pretty negative on this stuff, but I like this Packer draft so far.

You're probably biased.

Rastak
49ers take Moore....

Jay Moore
DE | (6'4", 274, 4.92) | NEBRASKA

Scouts Grade: 68

Flags: (S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position Selected by: San Francisco 49ers
Pick (Overall): 5(104)

Strengths: Display good overall size and strength as a traditional defensive end prospect. Plays with adequate leverage and shows enough of a base to take on blockers when teams run at him. He has long arms and adequate upper body strength to maintain separation. He plays with a great motor and shows a lot of toughness. Displays adequate power as a bull rusher. Relentless in pursuit and will provide some pressure on quarterbacks because of his effort. A hard worker on-and-off the field. Maximizes his physical tools because of his high effort and attention to detail.

Weaknesses: Possesses adequate straight-line speed but lacks ideal closing burst to the quarterback. He will never possess the explosiveness or agility to consistently turn the corner as a perimeter pass rusher in the NFL. Possesses below average athleticism and can look stiff when forced to quickly change directions and pursue. Doesn't appear to possess the fluidity to flip his hips in coverage as a rush-linebacker type in a 3-4 scheme. He will miss some tackles in space because of his inability to redirect. Displays limited range versus the run.

Overall: Moore was redshirted as a freshman in 2002 and did not see game action as a reserve defensive end in his redshirt freshman season in 2003. As a sophomore in 2004, Moore played in every game and started four (Weeks 3-6), finishing with 21 total tackles, including seven tackles for loss and three sacks. Moore took over as a fulltime starter in 2005, when he finished with 37 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and three sacks in 12 games. In 2006 he started all 14 games and made 45 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, and had six sacks.
Moore has been a more consistent performer than teammate Adam Carriker throughout their respective careers at Nebraska, but it's obvious that Carriker possesses far more upside as an NFL prospect. Moore has enough size, strength, straight-line quickness and toughness to develop into a contributor at the next level. However, he lacks the pass-rushing burst of an every-down starter at defensive end in a 4-3 scheme and he doesn't appear to be athletic enough to make the transition to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, either. In our opinion, Moore has value in the third-to-fourth round range as a potential backup defensive end and special team's contributor.

BallHawk
I have to say, seeing Cam Cameron address the Dolphin fans after the Ginn pick made me smile.

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM

Well, I still love the Justin Harrell pick. I will defend the guy 24/7...have you even seen the guy play? No, I guessed so. Man, you guys could only wish for the amount of NFL / NCAA games I've got on dvd.

Justin Harrell is a pro bowl talent. The rest of the picks are HUGE Q-marks.

TennesseePackerBacker
I'm normally pretty negative on this stuff, but I like this Packer draft so far.

You're probably biased.

:lol: well the best defensive player in Packer history did hail from Tennessee

Lurker64
Who's still available that's any good. I don't know the day 2 guys this year as well as I did last year.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Lions take a corner....

AJ Davis
CB | (5'10", 193, 4.45) | NORTH CAROLINA ST

Scouts Grade: 70

Flags: (B: BULK/SIZE) Lacks size/bulk for position(D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy Selected by: Detroit Lions
Pick (Overall): 6(105)

Strengths: Displays outstanding quickness and athletic ability. Technically sound cornerback with good footwork, recognition skills and hand-usage. He displays good burst, balance and body control getting in and out of his pedal. He breaks quickly on the ball and is especially effective when coming forward. He shows the quick feet and fluidity to keep with double moves in space. He gives a good effort in run support. He is a hard worker and a team player. Quiet but displays solid overall intangibles.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size, especially height. He will have trouble matching up one-on-one versus taller receivers in the NFL. He will get pushed around by bigger receivers and will allow them to dictate their routes. He will not make a lot of plays in traffic. He can be a liability in certain red zone matchups. Possesses adequate but not good ball skills. Is not a huge playmaker. Gives a good effort versus the run but will struggle to get off of some blocks and to take down some bigger ball carriers.

Overall: Davis received a redshirt for the 2002 season after having surgery to repair a fractured right fibula (8/14). He returned in 2003, played in all 13 games, and recorded 28 total tackles, two interceptions, nine pass breakups, and one forced fumble. Davis saw action in all 11 games in 2004, finishing with 24 total tackles, one tackle for loss, and two pass breakups. He again appeared in all 11 games in 2005, registering 32 total tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, one sack, two interceptions, and seven pass breakups. Davis appeared in 10 games in 2006 (missed Akron and Clemson games due to injury), with nine starts, and recorded 24 total tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, and six pass breakups. Davis has one child; he is not married.
Davis is undersized and has limitations in terms of run support and matching up versus bigger receivers on an island. He also has never been a huge playmaker. However, he is a hard worker with excellent quickness and athletic ability. Overall, Davis lacks enough special qualities to project as a shutdown No. 1 cover corner, but at best he will be a No. 2 starter and at worst he should be a nickel contributor in the slot. That should be enough to get Davis drafted late on the first day.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Who's still available that's any good. I don't know the day 2 guys this year as well as I did last year.

I think Calvin Johnson already got picked.

:P

TennesseePackerBacker
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I can't believe Siler is still out there

mngolf19
Vikes traded their 6th to move up.

falco
I stand on my belief that a game changing DT can have a massive impact on any team. Whether Harrell is or not (and TT certainly seems to think he is), is up for debate.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:30 AM
For the record. I personally think this was a good draft. I liked the Harrell pick (after I started reading about him - my knee-jerk reaction was negative). We've needed a true good 2nd DT for years now, and he'll help out our real strength at LB.

I remember Brandon Jackson from the game in Ames this year. He carved the everliving Bejesus out of us. I have a buddy from Nebraska down here who vouched for him, as well.

The receiver I don't know about yet. Then again, everybody said the same stuff about Terrence Murphy and Greg Jennings.

I wanted a true SS, and we got one in Rouse.

If we get a corner, TE, and OL depth today, it's a good draft.

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM

I agree, Siler (ILB) is awesome in the 4th. Also; Antonio Pittman RB, Ben Patrick TE & Tanard Jackson CB.

Lurker64
04-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I think Tanard just went to the Bucs.

Rastak
Bucs grab CB

Tanard Jackson
CB | (6'0", 200, 4.52) | SYRACUSE

Scouts Grade: 82

Strengths: He possesses good size and quickness. Is an experienced cover corner with good recognition skills and technique. He is quicker than fast. Shows fluid hips and is able to keep with quicker receivers in the short-to-intermediate ranges. Thickly built and not afraid to get into physical matchups in coverage. He seems to be at his best when working with a cushion, though. He reads quarterbacks' eyes well in zone. Gets a quick break on the ball in front of him and shows good closing burst when coming forward. Does a good job of securing the tackle after giving up underneath reception. He fills hard versus the run. Shows the ability to disengage from blocks and he has developed adequate open-field tackling skills. Is a hard worker and an outgoing leader. Good mental capacity and coaches say he picks things up quickly. Suspension in 2006 offseason came as a surprise. He has been durable throughout his career.

Weaknesses: He lacks elite speed and will have more coverage limitations in the NFL, as a result. He has good size and is willing versus the run, but he does not show explosive power in his upper body. He can improve in that area in order to better match up in press coverage and in run support. Character is a minor issue to monitor following spring suspension in 2006.

Overall: Jackson appeared in 11 of 12 games in 2003 as a true freshman, mostly on special teams, and made five total tackles. In 2004, he started 11 games recording 56 total tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, and one fumble recovery. He missed the Rutgers game (10/2) after being stabbed in the chest while attempting to break up a fight at an on-campus party. Jackson started all 11 games in 2005 registering 44 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one interception, six pass breakups, and one fumble recovery. On April 10, 2006, Jackson was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team by head coach Greg Robinson but the issue has since been resolved. He was reinstated for 2006 and started all 12 games, finishing with 62 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.
Jackson is an experienced starter with good size, adequate speed and above average instincts. He will never be a huge playmaker and his lack of elite speed limits his potential to a certain degree. However, Jackson is talented and polished enough to quickly emerge as a starting cornerback in the NFL, especially in a defensive scheme that features predominantly cover-2 and cover-3 zone to protect him vertically. Jackson should come off the board between the second-and-third rounds.

Bub
who do you think we pick next...patrick?

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM

I agree, Siler (ILB) is awesome in the 4th. Also; Antonio Pittman RB, Ben Patrick TE & Tanard Jackson CB.

DAMNIT!!! I wanted Tanard Jackson.

HarveyWallbangers

I'm down on Siler. He doesn't have the speed to play in the Jim Bates scheme.

TennesseePackerBacker

Siler in the 4th would be a bigger steal than Hodge in the 3rd(at the time), he was the leader of the national championship defense not Nelson. I'd love to see Patrick or Pittman though.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Moss just became official...

MJZiggy
Moss just became official...

Shit.

falco
PFT is reporting Moss to NE is finally done (as in no turning back now).

I said from the beginning whatever team got him would regret it. :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
Kevin Boss? Who are the other top TEs available? I'm not big on Petrick because he's short.

Lurker64
04-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm really seeing Thompson take OL here. I don't know why, it's just a feeling I get.

Rastak
I wonder if gbpackfan killed himself......

Lurker64
Of the TEs left, can any of them block?

falco
04-29-2007, 10:36 AM

I feel so bad for you Rastak.

If Moss would have come here and blown up you could have been doing told ya so for the next 15 years.

mmmdk

I'll add Martrez Milner (Georgia) TE to my list but he might be there in the 5th.

TennesseePackerBacker

:bang:

BallHawk
Pittman to the Saints, that's a weird pick. They've already got McAllister and Bush. Don't see how he'll get any playing time.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
For some reason, I'm feeling Chandler or Crosby...

Partial
Anyone have an SUV that does not object to t-boning a limo in NE? It would be sweet vengence if he failed his physical :o

TennesseePackerBacker

I'll add Martrez Milner (Georgia) TE to my list but he might be there in the 5th.

Oh god please no, Milner couldn't catch a cold. I remember him dropping so many key passes last year.

mmmdk
Shoot - Pittman gone.

Rastak

If Moss would have come here and blown up you could have been doing told ya so for the next 15 years.

Yea, I was all set. I was pretty sure TT would get it done. Maybe he'll be a good effort guy in NE but I doubt it.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Good value here......

Antonio Pittman
RB | (5'10", 207, 4.4) | OHIO STATE

Scouts Grade: 82

Strengths: Possesses adequate-to-good height and should be able to add bulk to his frame. He shows good initial burst and very good straight-line speed. Hits the hole quickly and runs hard. Displays outstanding vision and is shifty enough to consistently hit the backside crease. He shows good balance and body control as a runner; he really does a nice job of staying on his feet and driving his legs after contact. He's also a patient ball-carrier that knows what he's looking for and makes sharp and quick cuts once he sees it. Displays a second-gear in the open-field and can bounce runs to the outside once he's through the hole. Shows above average awareness, willingness and toughness in pass protection. Displays reliable hands in limited experience as a receiver.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk. He's a north-south type of slashing ball-carrier that must get bigger and stronger in order to endure the punishment in the NFL. He shows good balance and has some shiftiness when searching for a crease, but he doesn't display much "wiggle" to make defenders miss on any sort of consistent basis. He needs polishing as a route runner and must improve his awareness and savvy as a receiver. Generally in good position as a pass blocker but he needs to attack more and use better leverage. He gives up too much ground to bigger, stronger blitzing linebackers.

Overall: Pittman enrolled at Ohio State during the spring of 2004 and worked his way into the tailback rotation as a true freshman, appearing in 11 games and finishing with 381 yards and one touchdown on 72 carries (5.3 average). In 2005 he played in all 12 games, rushing 243 times for 1,331 yards (5.5 average) and seven touchdowns. Pittman returned as the starter for all 13 games in 2006 and recorded 1,233 yards and 14 touchdowns on 242 attempts (5.1 average). In three seasons he also caught 37 passes for 314 yards.
Pittman is a tough runner that hits the hole quickly and displays good power for his size. However, he does not stand out as a receiver or blocker in the passing game and he has a slender frame that doesn't project to hold up well in a 20-25 carry-per-game role in the NFL. Pittman has the potential to become a solid starter, but only if he can get bigger without losing quickness. With all those question marks in mind, we believe Pittman is a bit overrated and will get drafted a bit too high due to a weak 2007 crop of running backs.

Tarlam!
Shoot - Pittman gone.

He wasn't on TT's radar screen.

Lurker64
Shoot - Pittman gone.

I honestly think Pittman is too much like the guys we already have to be worth drafting.

falco
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM

Yea, I was all set. I was pretty sure TT would get it done. Maybe he'll be a good effort guy in NE but I doubt it.

Maybe you can make up for it when Favre retires and TT signs Culpepper.

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM

Oh god please no, Milner couldn't catch a cold. I remember him dropping so many key passes last year.

That just shows the lack of talent left amongst the TEs. I think Packers should go D or OL but RB and TE are needs. Yet, TT will draft BPA and there just ain't any TEs left.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:40 AM
OK, bets people for position name or trade. Hurry right up!

My bet: we trade down to pick 129 (San Diego).....

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Fins take a DT

Paul Soliai
DT | (6'4", 344, 5.1) | UTAH

Scouts Grade: 71

Strengths: Is massive, plays with adequate leverage and can occupy multiple blockers at the line of scrimmage. Has adequate upper body strength and flashes ability to shed blocks. Shows good body control for size, wraps up upon contact and is an adequate open field tackler. Has adequate lower body strength, drives legs and flashes the ability to collapse the pocket. Shows good awareness and generally gets hands up when isn't going to get to the quarterback. Flashes the ability to change directions quickly and is capable of developing a wide array of pass rush moves. Times jumps well and blocked a kick during senior season.

Weaknesses: Lacks an explosive first step, doesn't do a great job of anticipating the snap and isn't going to make many plays in the backfield. Played offensive guard until the 2005 season, takes too long to locate the ball carrier and gets caught out of position at times. Appears sluggish at times and may need to shed some weight. Lacks ideal closing speed, doesn't show a variety of pass rush moves at this point and isn't a great interior pass rusher. Suspended for Armed Forces Bowl his senior year and character is somewhat of a concern.

Overall: Soliai began his career in 2002 at Coffeyville (Kansas) Community College where he was an offensive tackle. In 2003 he was a first team JUCO All-American at offensive tackle for Coffeyville. Soliai enrolled at Utah in 2004 and was redshirted for the season. In 2005 he was switched to nose tackle and appeared in all 12 games as a backup and finished with five tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, and one sack. Soliai earned the starting nose tackle job for 12 of 13 games missing the Armed Forces Bowl because of a suspension for violating team rules in 2006, recording 35 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, four pass breakups, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and one blocked kick, garnering a second team All-MWC honor (coaches and media).
Soliai has all the making of a situational interior run stuffer that can clog up the middle and keep blockers off the linebackers but it's unlikely he develops into an every-down player if he doesn't shed some weight. He simply lacks the endurance, agility and explosive power. Soliai is an early Day 2 talent that could slip beyond that point due to minor concerns regarding his character and immaturity.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM

That just shows the lack of talent left amongst the TEs. I think Packers should go D or OL but RB and TE are needs. Yet, TT will draft BPA and there just ain't any TEs left.

Oh yea, there is really nothing left at TE. There are still good players out there, i'm really hoping TT isn't going TE.

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
My wild guess is that TT picks: Fred Bennett CB, South Carolina.

falco
I think we'll take a QB. :shock:

MJZiggy

Guard

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
CB.....

BallHawk
Guard.

HarveyWallbangers
Scott Chandler or Kevin Boss. I agree though. If they passed on this crop of TEs, I wouldn't be that upset. Ugh! Hopefully, Humphrey and Alcorn have improved a lot.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Guard

Beekman is still on the board.

Rastak
LB to Atlanta.....

Stephen Nicholas
OLB | (6'1", 232, 4.77) | SOUTH FLORIDA

Scouts Grade: 76

Flags: (B: BULK/SIZE) Lacks size/bulk for position Selected by: Atlanta Falcons
Pick (Overall): 10(109)

Strengths: Possesses adequate initial quickness, reads keys well and flashes the ability to disrupt plays in the backfield. Has excellent instincts and rarely gets caught out of position. Plays with a good motor and takes good pursuit angles. Possesses good athletic ability, stays under control and is a reliable open field tackler that wraps up upon contact. Plays with a mean streak and flashes the ability to deliver the big hits. Gets adequate depth, shows good instincts and shows adequate range when asked to drop into zone coverage. Possesses good lateral mobility, shows good burst coming out of cuts and flashes the ability to stay with tight ends in man coverage. Takes the shortest path to the quarterback, flashes the ability to avoid blocks in the backfield and is a relentless pass rusher.

Weaknesses: Is undersized, doesn't have the lower body strength to consistently anchor at the point of attack and creates running lanes by avoiding blockers rather than stacking them up. Hasn't show great upper body strength, doesn't always use hands well and takes too long to shed blocks. Lacks-ideal top-end speed, doesn't have sideline-to-sideline range and isn't fast enough to run with most backs. Durability isn't a substantial concern at this point, but he did redshirt with an ankle injury in 2002.

Overall: Nicholas played in the first three games of his true freshman season in 2002, recorded two total tackles and one tackle for loss, then injured his ankle and received a medical redshirt. He returned in 2003, played in all 11 games (nine starts) and finished the year with 46 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and one forced fumble. In 2004, Nicholas started all 11 games and made 97 total tackles and 11 tackles for loss. He started all 12 games in 2005, registering 79 total tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, seven sacks, one fumble recovery, and two forced fumbles. Nicholas again started all 13 games in 2006 earning All-Big East first team honors after recording 102 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, two interceptions, and one blocked kick.
Nicholas is an instinctive prospect with above-average athletic ability. He also plays with a mean streak. However, but he lacks ideal size to play SLB and speed to play WLB in the NFL, so his upside is somewhat limited. Nicholas projects as a versatile backup in an undersized defensive scheme at the next level, and he should come off the board in the middle of the second day.

Partial
Troy Smith, QB, Ohio States of America

mngolf19
Ras, we going OL or CB with the next pick? At least that is what I would do.

ND72
04-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Sign me up for Scott Chandler

Rastak
Ras, we going OL or CB with the next pick? At least that is what I would do.

OL would be good.....

TennesseePackerBacker
What about Allison? he's a burner and a special teamer isn't he?

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Time to see what Oakland got for Moss...

HarveyWallbangers
TT will take BPA.

Did Steve Breaston, Doug Free, Adam Koets, Mike Otto, Zac DeOssie, Tim Shaw, Travarous Bain get selected yet?

Tarlam!
Adding a name to the bet reaally is gutsy and winners receive extra props!

Rastak
Wow, Randy Moss for this guy.......scouts inc rated him a 20....

John Bowie
CB | (5'10", 187, 4.24) | CINCINNATI

Scouts Grade: 20 Selected by: Oakland Raiders
Pick (Overall): 11(110)
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

No Bio.....

mngolf19
04-29-2007, 10:47 AM
TT will take BPA.

Did Steve Breaston, Doug Free, Adam Koets, Mike Otto, Zac DeOssie, Tim Shaw, Travarous Bain get selected yet?

I believe no on all those Harv.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 10:47 AM

Bet? What are we betting?

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:48 AM

John Bowie

View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

No Bio.....

I think I might know why...still seems like a reach..

Lurker64

John Bowie

No Bio.....

I suppose what the vikings got for him seems monumental by comparison.

TennesseePackerBacker
What's the knock on Chandler? Slow and can't block right?

Tarlam!

Our remaining honour.

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:49 AM
What about Allison? he's a burner and a special teamer isn't he?

I forgot about Aundrae Allison WR, East Carolina. Could he be a factor as KR? We sure need it but I still believe it's a CB.

MJZiggy

Our remaining honour.

When did I have any of that??? :P

Rastak

John Bowie

No Bio.....

I think I might know why...still seems like a reach..

Maybe he could run track for the Raiders...look at that 40 time....

Scott Campbell
4.24. My greyhound can't run that fast.

HarveyWallbangers

John Bowie

4.24? He might be the only guy faster than Moss.

Tarlam!
Green Bay on the clock......No more bets puhleasee....

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Green Bay on the clock.

packers11
Lets get a punter!!! B.J Sanders you have a brother?

ND72
Scott Chandler is a 6'7" 270 TE that ran a 4.7....if that's slow, we're in really big trouble.

Lurker64
What's the knock on Chandler? Slow and can't block right?

He's not glacial, but he got converted from WR to TE because he's slow for a WR. He hasn't really grown into TE in terms of body type or aggressiveness yet, but he still could. He gets open and he has good hands though.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Bills grab another RB

Pack on the clock

Dwayne Wright
RB | (5'11", 228, 4.66) | FRESNO STATE

Scouts Grade: 64

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy(S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position Selected by: Buffalo Bills
Pick (Overall): 12(111)
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Is a big, shifty back. Thickly built and runs with good pad level. Is compact and runs low to the ground. Shows very good body control and balance. Changes directions smoothly and does a good job of hitting the cutback lane on the backside. Is versatile and can contribute in the passing game in the NFL. Has soft hands as a short-to-intermediate receiver. Can adjust to the poorly thrown pass and shows good instincts as a route runner. Possesses good size and strength as a blocker. Is aggressive and shows the base to hold his ground versus bigger blitzing linebackers in pass pro.

Weaknesses: Durability is the biggest concern, as 2004 knee injury sidelined him for nearly two full seasons. Possesses marginal speed and does not breakaway acceleration when he reaches the second-level. He lacks elusiveness and will not make many defenders miss in space. Reliable as a receiver but not a homerun threat as a route runner or after the catch. A solid blocker but still can improve by polishing his technique.

Overall: Wright began his collegiate career at West Hills Junior College in 2002 where he played in eight games, rushing for 1,068 yards scoring 11 touchdowns. He then transferred to Fresno State for the 2003 season and appeared in all 14 games making eight starts. Wright finished the year with 1,038 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 190 carries (5.5 average) and caught 19 passes for 143 yards and one touchdown. In 2004, Wright started the first two contests but then tore his left patella tendon and missed the remainder of the season after carrying 50 times for 183 yards and two touchdowns. Wright also missed the entire 2005 season as a result of the same knee injury. He finally returned from his injury in 2006 and played in all 12 games, finishing with 261 carries for 1,462 yards (5.6 average) and 11 touchdowns and 29 catches for 221 yards and one touchdown.
Wright has the size, power and versatility to contribute as a reserve in the NFL, but his marginal speed and durability issues put a ceiling on his draft stock. Expect Wright to be drafted early on Day 2.

wist43
04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Buffalo took, not one, but two RB's I had targetted for Green Bay... Lynch, and now they just took Dwayne Wright, RB, Fresno State.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Buffalo took, not one, but two RB's I had targetted for Green Bay... Lynch, and now they just took Dwayne Wright, RB, Fresno State.

So, maybe you're a closet BILL?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BallHawk
Trade down.

CyclonePackFan
Good ol' TT...

HarveyWallbangers
It's going to be a no-name.

TennesseePackerBacker
of course, a trade

wist43
Figured he'd trade it.

GoPackGo
traded w/ steelers

hurleyfan
Trade down.

Details?!

mngolf19
04-29-2007, 10:53 AM
You now have 16 7th round picks.

MJZiggy

Damn them. May they implode this season.

mmmdk
of course, a trade

Good Lord :shock: Well, not that shocked.

Partial
04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
DeOzzie would be a solid pick in getting POP off the field.

TennesseePackerBacker
ohh traded up for a punter, Pitt did have 2 4th round picks

falco
We probably got a 6th out of it.

BallHawk
Steelers take a punter.

Man, they must of really wanted that guy.

Tarlam!
house wins....

Partial
See you guys later. I gotta go to work.

HarveyWallbangers
Steelers traded up to draft a punter?

Man, I've heard of that before. I thought Sherman went to Houston.

packers11
04-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Steelers traded up to draft a punter?

Man, I've heard of that before. I thought Sherman went to Houston.

Shermy is that you??? :lol:

Rastak
Steelers trade up for a punter.....

Daniel Sepulveda
PT | (6'2", 229, 4.59) | BAYLOR

Scouts Grade: 59

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy Selected by: Pittsburgh Steelers
Pick (Overall): 13(112)

Strengths: Possesses excellent leg strength and gets good distance on punts. Improved hang-time during first three seasons and doesn't out-kick the cover teams as much as did earlier in collegiate career. Runs with good power, has good top-end speed and can execute fakes effectively. Has experience holding on extra points and is somewhat versatile. Played linebacker in high school and is an adequate open field tackler.

Weaknesses: Though hopes to be ready for the 2006 season opener tore right ACL in spring of 2006, underwent reconstructive knee surgery and durability is a substantial concern. 2004 Ray Guy Award Winner appeared to take a step back in 2005 and needs to have a strong 2006 season. Though flashes the ability to pin teams deep, lacks ideal accuracy and kicks end up in the end zone far too much.

Overall: Sepulveda was redshirted in 2002. He played in all 12 contests in 2003 and punted 87 times for 3,750 yards (43.1 average), with a long of 62 yards, and 23 punts inside the 20-yardline. In 2004, Sepulveda won the Ray Guy Award after punting 62 times for 2,850 yards (46 average), with a long of 69 yards, and 26 punts inside the 20-yardline in 11 games. He again played in every game (10) in 2005 and punted 62 times for 2,863 yards (46.2 average), with a long of 78 yards, and 13 punts inside the 20-yardline earning second team All-American honors (Associated Press). Sepulveda has also held for the field goal team. He tore his right ACL while playing pick-up basketball in the spring of 2006 and underwent surgery on April 27th. After undergoing successful knee surgery, Sepulveda returned in 2006 and appeared in all 12 games, finishing with 66 punts for 3,068 yards (46.5 average), with a long of 78 yards, and 26 punts inside the 20-yardline. He earned the second Ray Guy Award of his career and a consensus All-American selection.
Sepulveda, a left-footed punter, has the power and athletic ability to develop into an excellent punter but he has some durability issues and he needs to work on his accuracy. Sepulveda is one of the premier punter prospects in the 2007 class and he projects as a mid-to-late round pick.

TennesseePackerBacker
house wins....

it wouldn't be the first time the packer's have taken my honour

Rastak
Green Bay at 20 now.....

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
How did we miss Sherman's tranfer to Pittburgh?

green_bowl_packer
For every trade down we've had we've been hosed with the previous picks, Jarrett, Rice picked up before the 2nd and now Wright. Picking in the middle of every round sucks.

BallHawk
Still looking for the terms of the deal....

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Traded down 7 places (112 to 119) and picked up a 6th rounder (192)

We now own picks 191-193

Scott Campbell

And 3 Superbowl trophies.

HarveyWallbangers

Too funny. I wonder if it's better to have a 1st, 2nd and 16 7th round picks or a 1st, 2nd, and picks in rounds 3-7?

Fritz
Does anybody know what the Pack got for this trade down?

GoPackGo

We now own picks 191-193

cool!

hurleyfan
04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
ESPN is showing shit ...blabbing abiut nothing..

Is the NFL Network covering?

Bretsky
Patrick or Chandler are fine there

BallHawk
Packers traded down 7 spots to #119 and picked up the Steelers 6th round pick.

Tarlam!

That was BOMNF!!!

hoosier

We now own picks 191-193

If we put hotels on those how much will it cost to land on them?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Anybody run the point value?

mngolf19

Oh, congratulations on that. 8-)

mmmdk

We now own picks 191-193

Let's DOMINATE those picks! :lol:

ND72
we now have the 191, 192, 193 picks :lol:

BallHawk
The Packers now have back-to-back-to-back picks in the 6th round.

gbgary
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
We now own picks 191-193

great. more back-ups for the back-ups...or training camp cuts.

Rastak
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
To Jax,,,,

Brian Smith
OLB | (6'3", 239, 4.65) | MISSOURI

Scouts Grade: 30

Flags: (I: INJURY) Coming off injury that may affect play(Y: YOUNG PLAYER) Need more film evaluation Selected by: Jacksonville Jaguars
Pick (Overall): 14(113)

Strengths: Displays outstanding speed for his size. Is tall and has the frame to add bulk, if necessary. He shows excellent first-step quickness, instincts and closing burst as a pass rusher. He is relentless in pursuit and has developed a wide array of pass rush moves. He shows good agility and is effective when working outside-in as a pass rusher. He can be very disruptive as a run defender when he gets upfield and stays un-blocked.

Weaknesses: A collegiate defensive end that will undoubtedly need to make the transition to rush-linebacker in order to make it in the NFL. He is vastly undersized as a defensive end. Does not stack up at the line of scrimmage and consistently gets rag-dolled by bigger offensive tackles once they lock on. He seems to lack ideal instincts as a run defender. Gets too far upfield at times and will take himself out of plays. He lacks experience dropping in coverage and must prove capable of doing so. Shows good speed and agility, but seems to be much more effective when working laterally and forward than when forced to turn and run. Durability is now a considerable worry following season-ending hip injury as a senior. He also had knee surgery in 2005.

Overall: Smith was redshirted in 2002. In 2003, he played in all 12 games (10 starts) at defensive end and earned first team freshman All-American honors after recording 39 total tackles, eight tackles for loss, eight sacks (NCAA freshman high), one fumble recovery, and four forced fumbles. Smith came off the bench in all 11 games in 2004 as a situational pass rusher and finished the year with 22 total tackles, eight tackles for loss, seven sacks, and two forced fumbles. He started all 12 games in 2005 and made 66 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, nine sacks, one interception, and two forced fumbles. Smith played the entire 2005 season with a meniscus tear in his right knee, underwent arthroscopic surgery before Missouri's bowl game, and returned at full strength. In 2006, he started eight games at defensive end before breaking his hip against Kansas State (10/21), an injury which did not require surgery. He finished the season with 30 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, and one forced fumble.
Prior to the injury, Smith continued to provide great production as a pass rusher, while also improving his technique versus the run. A collegiate defensive end, Smith projects as a rush-linebacker in the NFL that will need to make the transition from playing defensive end in college. He shows enough athleticism and speed to possibly emerge as a sub-package contributor at OLB in a 3-4 scheme, but he is unproven in that regard and he also can be a liability when defending the run at the line of scrimmage. Smith's injury will likely cost him a spot late in the 2007 draft.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 11:01 AM

We now own picks 191-193

$1000 each time you land and go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Fosco33
Moss passed the physical.

HarveyWallbangers
That's one thing I do like about Thompson. I'm all for the trade downs. I think any time you can drop down a handful of picks and pick up an extra pick that's a good thing. Gives you more chances to hit on a guy. At this point, with trades and compensatory picks, some teams have a boatload of picks and ready to give up extra picks without much concern.

Rastak
Bengals.....

Marvin White
S | (6'1", 199, 4.54) | TCU

Scouts Grade: 56

Flags: (M: MENTAL) Does not retain and learn the system Selected by: Cincinnati Bengals
Pick (Overall): 15(114)
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Plays with a mean streak and can deliver the big hit. Takes adequate pursuit angles, plays with a good motor and shows good range. Reads keys quickly versus the run and fills hard. Times blitzes well, he closes well and can get to the quarterback. Is fast enough to cover the deep half of the field if he reads the play properly. Has the long arms to tip passes when doesn't get into ideal position. While footwork is inconsistent, he can change directions quickly and has the burst to improve his man-to-man cover skills. Times jumps well, is tall and competes for jump balls. Shows good ball skills and is a playmaker in coverage. Steadily progressed at the collegiate level and should continue to improve as gains experience.

Weaknesses: Much better run defender than cover safety, but he's undersized, takes too long to shed blocks and is somewhat of a liability when lines up in the box. Must improve his use of hands, hasn't shown the ability to redirect receivers or jam tight ends at the line and could get pushed around by stronger players. Lacks ideal awareness, gets caught out of position and ability to recover won't be as strong at the NFL level. Can be overaggressive and is vulnerable to play action. Marginal score on the Wonderlic Test.

Overall: White originally attended Kilgore (Texas) Junior College where he played the 2003 and 2004 seasons, earning All-American recognition. He then started nine of 13 games in 2005 after transferring to TCU, recording 67 total tackles including two for loss, five pass breakups, and three interceptions to earn second team All-Mountain West honors. White became a first team All-Mountain West (media) performer in 2006 after starting all 13 contests and posting 86 total tackles, three tackles for loss, one sack, four interceptions, three pass breakups, and two forced fumbles.
White is raw and his technique -- especially in coverage -- needs lots of polishing before he can push for playing time in the NFL. Furthermore, there are serious concerns about his mental capacity and ability to line up a defense. On the flipside, White is a tough, aggressive player with explosive power for his size. He also has the speed, natural athletic ability and motor to improve with good coaching at the next level. For those reasons, White is an intriguing middle-round prospect in the 2007 class.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 11:02 AM

0.6 in our favour.

BallHawk

We come out ahead by .6 :D

MJZiggy
Moss passed the physical.

Well there's a surprise. I'd have never seen that coming...

GrnBay007
Ugh, talking about NE surrounding Brady with talent. :(

wist43
TT is almost comical with all these trade downs...

When Favre retires, the average age of the Packers roster will dip below 16.7 years of age.

One of these years, TT is going to own the entire 7th round all by himself. :? :shock:

Rastak
to Titans....

Leroy Harris
OC | (6'2", 302, 5.35) | NORTH CAROLINA ST

Scouts Grade: 67

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy

Strengths: An experienced prospect with versatility; he has experience at guard and center. Possesses good height and adequate bulk. Has the frame to add bulk if necessary. Shows good overall strength, including adequate upper body power and very good lower body leg drive. He rarely loses a battle once locked on. Plays with a mean streak and finishes well. Does an outstanding job of driving his legs and creating a new line of scrimmage in the running game. He has developed into a technically sound interior lineman, taking good angles and showing consistent leverage at the point of attack. He shows good awareness and short-area quickness in pass protection. Displays adequate lateral quickness. Shows a solid base and is able to consistently anchor versus the bull rush. He's a high effort player and hard worker.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal agility. Will struggle versus quicker defensive linemen. The more space he's in the less effective he becomes. He is a bit limited as a downfield blocker and will have some trouble hitting the moving target on the second level. Leaves his feet too often. Is strong, but lacks ideal bulk and will likely need to add some pounds in the NFL. Durability is somewhat of a concern; missed time in 2004 with a shoulder injury and two games in 2006 with an ankle injury.

Overall: Harris was redshirted for the 2002 season. He stepped right into the starting lineup in 2003 as a redshirt freshman with starts in all 13 games for the Wolfpack. In 2004, Harris started the first five contests at left guard, and then slid over to center during the North Carolina game and started the next two games there. For the year, he started all seven games he played, missing four with a shoulder injury. Harris started all 12 games in 2005 and the first 10 games of his senior season in 2006 before sitting out the final regular season contest due to an ankle injury.
Harris lacks elite mobility as a center and he likely will need to add bulk in order to play guard in the NFL. However, he is a strong, instinctive, tough and versatile player with excellent experience and efficiency. Harris has enough positive qualities to project as a possible starter and probable versatile backup at the next level, which is why he grades out as a second-day prospect in the 2007 class.

BallHawk
DeOssie of the board to the G-Men.

mngolf19
There goes DeOssie.

Fosco33
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM

We now own picks 191-193

$1000 each time you land and go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

TT has got to think he's got 2 potenial picks that would be there 7 spots later. I like it.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Does anybody other than me get the feeling is that NE is dying and all this is a last-ditch effort to pull out one or two more Super Bowls before they sink back into obscurity?

Rastak
04-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Zak Deossie
OLB | (6'4", 250, 4.58) | BROWN

Scouts Grade: 63

Strengths: Is quick enough to beat blockers to the point of attack, has decent size and flashes the ability to hold ground when teams run at him. Takes adequate pursuit angles, has sideline-to-sideline range and always seems to be around the ball at the end of the play. Plays with a mean streak and a non-stop motor. Can change directions quickly and shows above-average man-to-man cover skills. Gets good depth and can cover a lot of ground when asked to drop into zone coverage. Takes the shortest path to the quarterback and flashes the ability to run over blockers when blitzing. Has experience lining up on the inside and is versatile. Blocked a kick during junior season, plays with a great motor and can contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses: Is tall, plays too high and gets driven back. Doesn't use hands well and takes too long to shed blocks. Hasn't shown great instincts and takes some false steps. Fails to break down in space, doesn't always wrap up upon contact and lacks great power as a hitter. Lacks ideal ball skills and isn't a playmaker in coverage. Missed 2005 spring practice after undergoing shoulder surgery, missed three games with a partially torn ligament in left knee in 2005 and durability is a concern. Played at a small school and there is some concern about ability to make the jump to the NFL.

Overall: DeOssie saw action in 10 games (two starts) at middle linebacker as a true freshman in 2003 and made 27 tackles and one interception. He became a first team All-Ivy League performer in 2004 when he started all 10 contests recording 98 total tackles, nine tackles for loss, and five sacks. DeOssie was sidelined for 2005's spring practice because of shoulder surgery. In the fall, he started the first eight games registering 80 total tackles, 12 tackles for loss, five sacks, one interception, three forced fumbles, and one blocked kick before sustaining a season-ending left knee injury. DeOssie returned to start all nine games in 2006 posting 103 total tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, and one sack.
DeOssie isn't instinctive or fundamentally sound, which comes as some surprise because he is the son of a former NFL player. He also lacks explosiveness as a hitter. However, he has good upside because of his speed and athletic ability for such a big player. He also plays with a non-stop motor and will put in the time t3o improve. DeOssie's stock is on the rise and he could come off the board early on the second-day.

mngolf19

Does anybody other than me get the feeling is that NE is dying and all this is a last-ditch effort to pull out one or two more Super Bowls before they sink back into obscurity?

You make that sound like a bad thing. I would have thought the Pack would do that for Favre too.

MJZiggy

Yes.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 11:05 AM

I think there's some truth to that. Coaches don't last for long with one team much anymore, and Bellichek probably won't be there much longer.

Scott Campbell
We now own picks 191-193

great. more back-ups for the back-ups...or training camp cuts.

And more opportunities to hit on this years Marques Colston.

Tarlam!
Place those bets, please:

I have QB, Troy Smith, Ohio State.