PDA

View Full Version : Official 2007 Live Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Who in the heck are the Texans going to take now ?

Rastak
Texans on the clock.....who do they take?

edit: you beat me to it B!

BallHawk
my guess is Ted Ginn is at best a Desmond Howard.

I put it at 50/50.

Brando19
Mt. Kiper has erupted.

What's he saying? I have NFLN on.....

He was getting worked up and saying that the Dolphins had Quinn fall right into their lap and they let him pass. He said that it was a Marino like situation and they screwed it up.

He's right.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Willis or Okoye?

mmmdk
Any chance Carolina or St. Louis takes Quinn?

There's a slight possibility with Carolina, but Carr is there and Delhomme still has a year or two.

This could be A-Rod 2004 all over again.

Quinn will fall all the way to # 23 - Kansas City.

BallHawk
C'mon pick Okoye.

I WANT WILLIS!

gbgary
i'll bet culpepper is happy now.

Rastak
Mt. Kiper has erupted.

What's he saying? I have NFLN on.....

He was getting worked up and saying that the Dolphins had Quinn fall right into their lap and they let him pass. He said that it was a Marino like situation and they screwed it up.

He's right.

Agreed.

Rastak
i'll bet culpepper is happy now.

He'll still get cut. Trent Green will be the guy next year.

esoxx
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
If Quinn somehow fell to 16 I would take him in a heartbeat. Big upgrade over Rodgers and potential franchise player.

Rastak

Willis or Okoye?

Okoye is my official guess.

esoxx
Culpepper's not staying in Miami. He's a goner regardless.

BallHawk
If Quinn somehow fell to 16 I would take him in a heartbeat. Big upgrade over Rodgers and potential franchise player.

I'm on the fence with him. If we could somehow trade Rodgers, you bet I'd do it.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 12:58 PM

I completely agree. I wouldn't have been upset if the Vikes grabbed him at 7.

Reggie 92
Holy crap Ballhawk, if Willis falls to 16 I'm going to squeel like a pig

TennesseePackerBacker
this or #11 would be a great place for a team to trade up and take Willis

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I WIN HUGE $$ IF THE PICK IS OKOYE

THE OTHER TWO HAVE HALL

Rastak

Hopefully there won't a big ugly redneck behind you!

:wink:

Brando19
I want Lynch!

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 01:00 PM
lol Rastak ...poor analogy I suppose

Rastak

THE OTHER TWO HAVE HALL

ESPN draft chat is indicating Hall or Revis as a strong possibility.

Rastak
lol Rastak ...poor analogy I suppose

That would be a great pick for Green Bay I will admit.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Willis or Okoye?

The draft pot is $110 right now; I'll be jumping for joy if I hear Okoye

TennesseePackerBacker

THE OTHER TWO HAVE HALL

We might see Okoye and Branch go back to back in these next 2 picks

Rastak

Willis or Okoye?

That sounds like fun Bretsky.

BallHawk

Hopefully there won't a big ugly redneck behind you!

:wink:

http://squeallikeapig.com/images/deliverance.jpg

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 01:02 PM

I am too.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm back. Had to babysit the kid for a spell. Which means I watched the NFLN while she slept.
:D

Packnut
04-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Things should REALLY start getting intersting now...........

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Willis or Okoye?

That sounds like fun Bretsky.

As long as I don't lose $160 it will be; at $5 a pick it's possible

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Hooray for Bretsky!!! :D :D :D

Packnut
Good pick for Houston. Fix that D line.

mmmdk
TT believes, then add a ton of pride, in AR - Quinn could drop as AR did but Quinn is the more talented.

I'm confused with what the Pack/TT will do...what if Quinn is a franchise QB and he's there at # 16 ?

TennesseePackerBacker
Okoye is going to be a hell of a football player, hopefully enough to match his character.

Bretsky
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

HAIL TO OKOYE

Brando19
04-28-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm sick to my stomach...TT will end up picking Quinn if he's there. No immediate help. :( :cry:

Bretsky
Hooray for Bretsky!!! :D :D :D

The other guys had Hall going so I'm sitting pretty now

motife
Scout Inc.'s 10 best still available :

7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
10 Darrelle Revis CB
12 Patrick Willis ILB
14 Adam Carriker DE
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
21 Marshawn Lynch RB

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Nice call Bretsky.

Amobi Okoye
DT | (6'2", 302, 5.07) | LOUISVILLE

Scouts Grade: 95

Strengths: A young prospect with good size and even better size potential. Possesses excellent initial quickness, does an adequate job of anticipating the snap and can beat blockers to the point of attack when fresh. He is a good athlete for his size and he displays closing burst as a pass rusher. He possesses very good natural strength and can take on blockers when he plays with good leverage. Takes good angles to the ball and possesses adequate range. Possesses adequate lower body strength and flashes the ability to collapse the pocket. Good character and very "coachable".

Weaknesses: He comes out of his stance too high at times and will lose his power. Struggles to get off of blocks at times and needs to improve his hand-usage. Doesn't always play with a great motor and needs to give a more consistent effort. While durability isn't a significant concern at this point, he missed the 2005 Florida Atlantic game with a foot injury and missed one game because of a shoulder injury in 2004.

Overall: Okoye arrived at Louisville in 2003 as a 16-year old true freshman and played in all 13 games registering 17 total tackles, two tackles-for-loss, and one sack. In 2004, he played in 11 games (one start; Army), missed the East Carolina game with a shoulder injury, and made 26 total tackles, two tackles-for-loss, and one sack for the year. Okoye started 10 of the 11 games he played in during the 2005 season, missed the Florida Atlantic game with a foot sprain, and finished the season with 23 total tackles, four tackles-for-loss, 0.5 sacks, and three fumble recoveries. He started all 13 games in 2006 and registered 55 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss, eight sacks, and three forced fumbles, garnering him Associated Press Second Team All-America and First Team All-Big East honors.
Okoye is a 19-year old rising talent with a good amount of upside. He is still developing into his body and his pass rush moves need polishing. However, Okoye displays an impressive blend of size, athleticism, balance and natural power that could lead to a long career as a disruptive NFL defensive tackle. Okoye has skyrocketed up NFL draft boards as a senior. His play reflects more of a mid-first round grade but his age/upside most likely will land him a spot in the top-15 picks.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Here, it could be Carriker, Branch, or maybe even Willis.

TennesseePackerBacker
I'm sick to my stomach...TT will end up picking Quinn if he's there. No immediate help. :( :cry:

wrong, if Quinn is there at 16 we hit a coup de grace with trading down.

Bretsky

Isn't No immediate Help TT's offseason motto for 2007 ?

mmmdk
Okoye is going to be a hell of a football player, hopefully enough to match his character.

Landry, Okoye, carriker & Willis - I luv those kind of players!

Rastak
Scouts inc first 6 picks analysis

NEW YORK -- As expected, the Oakland Raiders made LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft. Our scouts explain the rationale behind that decision and every other first-day pick as they unfold.

Inside the first round
1. Oakland Raiders
The pick: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
Scouts take: Russell is the obvious pick for the Raiders because he fills a pressing need and has the most value at the position. Although he needs to continue to improve his decision making and work on his footwork, he has rare size and arm strength. He is accurate enough to hit receivers anywhere on the field and lead them when throwing underneath. He isn't a great scrambler, but he can pick up yardage with his feet when nothing is available downfield.

Now the question is can he succeed at Oakland? There is no question the offensive line has underachieved so he is going to take some hits but he is big enough to absorb that kind of punishment and quick enough to buy him some time. An even greater concern may be surrounding him with quality character players. That could prove difficult considering the problems they had with their talented receivers last year and the fact that Lane Kiffin is a young, first-year head coach. If Kiffin can get Russell to buy into his system, the sky is the limit for Russell and the Raiders.

2. Detroit Lions
The pick: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.
Scouts take: Detroit Lions' general manager Matt Millen will undoubtedly take a lot of heat for drafting yet another receiver in the first round but Johnson is the best overall talent. In fact, he is arguably the most talented receiver taken in a decade. Blazing speed, impressive body control and formidable size could make Johnson one of the most difficult receivers in the league to cover this year. If he improves his consistency catching the ball and sharpens his route running skills, defensive coordinators will have a difficult time finding ways to slow him down.

Offensive coordinator Mike Martz should be smiling right now because he knows exactly how to get the most out of a player like Johnson. Johnson will benefit from playing under Martz as well because Martz's scheme demands his receivers run crisp routes. However, it's important to note that Johnson may not be in a Lions' uniform next year. Detroit will likely entertain any trade offers from teams like Tampa Bay in an effort to stockpile picks.

3. Cleveland Browns
The pick: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin.
Scouts take: The Browns really had to decide between Thomas, RB Adrian Peterson and QB Brady Quinn. The truth is all three were good values at this pick but taking Quinn would have made more sense because Charlie Frye isn't a franchise quarterback. That being said, Frye should be more effective with Thomas protecting the edge. A three-year starter at Wisconsin, Thomas gets into his pass set quickly, uses his long arms to ride edge rushers past the quarterback and can counter when ends try to redirect inside after starting outside.

While he isn't a great run blocker who can consistently drive two-gap defenders off the ball, he gets into sound position and plays with a bit of a mean streak. Thomas also does a good job of throwing blocks downfield. With the Browns already adding Seth McKinney and Eric Steinbach though free agency, Cleveland's offensive line should be substantially better this year.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The pick: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
Scouts take: The Buccaneers would have loved to have drafted Johnson and reportedly considered taking Quinn here but at the end of the day Adams is the right pick. Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin's Cover-2 schemes need productive pass rushers up front to be truly effective and the front four needed a boost. Veteran Simeon Rice recorded just two sacks in the eight games in 2006 and Dewayne White, who recorded five sacks, is now with Detroit. Adams, who is the most explosive pass rusher in this class, should provide that much-needed shot of adrenaline. He has excellent first-step quickness and shows rare closing speed once he turns the corner. If he doesn't get to the quarterback, he generally gets his hands up and times his jumps well.

The biggest concern with him is his ability to anchor against the run and teams should have some success running right at him but the scheme will help mask this weakness. Kiffin will generally ask Adams to use his burst to get into the backfield rather than asking him to stack the blocker up and then react to the play.

5. Arizona Cardinals
The pick: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Scouts take: Most draft analysts including ourselves didn't see Brown going this high but it doesn't come as a complete shock because his stock has been steadily rising over the past two weeks. In fact, some front offices saw Brown as an equal if not better talent than Joe Thomas heading into this weekend. Of course, the departure of Leonard Davis has created a vacancy at left tackle so getting Brown fills the Cardinals' most pressing need. Brown should immediately step in as the starter opposite free agent signee Mike Gandy and for good reason. He is bigger and more physical than Thomas. His ability to open up holes and wear down opponents over the course of a game should please both RB Edgerrin James and new head coach Ken Whisenhunt who is expected to run early and often.

Though Brown isn't an elite pass blocker and he needs to work on his footwork, he's no slouch either so he should be able to hold his own depending on the matchup. More importantly, he has the athleticism and quickness to develop into an excellent pass blocker who can consistently hold his own on an island.

6. Washington Redskins
The pick: Laron Landry, S, LSU
Scouts take: It's impossible to say whether or not this is the perfect move for Washington at this point because the Redskins have so few picks and no one knows exactly what transpired in terms of trade offers leading up to the pick. If they weren't offered quality value for the pick, then taking Landry is an excellent move. Though the Redskins have more pressing needs than safety, it is a need and there's nothing Landry can't do. He is a tough run defender who takes the shortest path to the path and delivers big hits. He times hits well and punishes receivers that go over the middle. He can cover the deep half of the field and can match up with slot receivers.

One area of concern is his ability to play the ball when it's in the air but he has adequate ball skills and he should benefit from lining up next to Sean Taylor. Taylor's excellent range and ability to play a centerfielder type role will help protect Landry. Finally, having such talented safeties gives the Redskins more freedom in terms of mixing as well as hiding coverages and helps the pass rush out by forcing quarterbacks to hold on to the ball longer.

Bretsky

I think it's Willis; I'd love to see him fall to 16

Brando19
04-28-2007, 01:09 PM

Isn't No immediate Help TT's offseason motto for 2007 ?

Thans for slappin me back to reality. You're right.

Freak Out
If TT picks Quinn he had better get a bodyguard or three.

Rastak

I'll go with Willis......or at least that's what I'd do.

motife
04-28-2007, 01:11 PM

I'll go with Willis......or at least that's what I'd do.

best player available period. always, regardless of position, unless there's a tie.

TT says the draft is not for the next minicamp or the next season. it's for the next 8 years.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Lots of good players left. Of the top players left, the only ones I really don't want to see the Packers draft are Leon Hall, Alan Branch, and Brady Quinn. Please no Hall or Branch.

TennesseePackerBacker
man i'm getting excited, at 16 I don't see how we can pick a bad player, so much talent out there

Charles Woodson

wrong, if Quinn is there at 16 we hit a coup de grace with trading down.

I wouldnt really mind this, but what if the dolphins traded both 2nds and a 3rd for our 16 pick?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Lots of good players left. Of the top players left, the only ones I really don't want to see the Packers draft are Leon Hall, Alan Branch, and Brady Quinn. Please no Hall or Branch.

You're back......why not Quinn?

How did you like the Ginn pick?
How bout them Vikes!

Freak Out
04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
The Bears should trade Briggs and their #1 to us so they can draft Quinn if he is still there at 16. :D

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:14 PM
The Bears should trade Briggs and their #1 to us so they can draft Quinn if he is still there at 16. :D

an interesting thought. I don't think TT wants Chicago getting Quinn....

TennesseePackerBacker

please say it ain't so Harvey. Imagine a mammoth DT like Branch covering our LB's from guards, Branch makes our Defense jump from top 15 to top 5. That and replacing Manuel :lol:

Reggie 92
I'd take that in a heartbeat! three 2nd rounders and two 3rds? OMG we could fill every need!

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Ha, the commish just banned cameras from filming Quinn in the green room.

Good Call! Why torture the guy.....

Charles Woodson
Does someone have the draft value site?

HarveyWallbangers
You're back......why not Quinn?

For the same reason Minnesota didn't draft him.

How did you like the Ginn pick?

Kind of strange, but I like Ginn more than most on here.

How bout them Vikes!

I think they made the right choice, but it doesn't worry me all that much. RB wasn't their problem last year, and Peterson has the injury concerns. Hell of a prospect as a runner though. With their passing game, he could get pounded hard though. Can you say 8 men in the box.

motife
I'd think the 49ers take Willis. They lost Julian Peterson.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:17 PM

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Reggie 92
Agreed Rastak..I feel a bit bad for the kid.

GrnBay007

yep, good idea.

BallHawk

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 01:18 PM
please say it ain't so Harvey. Imagine a mammoth DT like Branch covering our LB's from guards, Branch makes our Defense jump from top 15 to top 5. That and replacing Manuel :lol:

Major concerns about his effort (probably why he's dropping), and the biggest Michigan fan on this board doesn't like him at all.

TennesseePackerBacker
I can't stand Berman's blatant lovefest of San Fran and Buffalo, it's been going on for years now :cry:

Rastak
I think they made the right choice, but it doesn't worry me all that much. RB wasn't their problem last year, and Peterson has the injury concerns. Hell of a prospect as a runner though. With their passing game, he could get pounded hard though. Can you say 8 men in the box.

Yea, they have to address WR next or it's a moot point.

BallHawk
Oh well. :(

HarveyWallbangers

Didn't they lose him last year? He could go there though.

Brando19
49ers pick Willis.

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
DAMNIT!!!

TennesseePackerBacker

nice call

Rastak
Willis to SF...good pick......

Patrick Willis
ILB | (6'1", 242, 4.51) | MISSISSIPPI

Strengths: Possesses good height, adequate bulk and still has room on his frame to improve bulk. He is quick, fluid and agile for his size. Shows very good lateral quickness and initial burst. He takes solid angles in pursuit and does a good job of sifting through traffic. Powerful enough to take on blocks in the phone booth when he's playing with leverage. He explodes through tackles and is reliable in space. A sideline-to-sideline pursuit linebacker. Shows good agility and fluidness in coverage. Gets a deep drop in zone and displays above average range. Can match up versus most tight ends and running backs one-on-one. Displays good burst and instincts as a blitzer, as well. Is a leader and hard-worker. Loves the game of football, plays through pain and leads by example.

Weaknesses: He lacks elite bulk and may need to add some weight in order to hold up better as an inside linebacker in the NFL. He has a muscular build but he does not possess ideal lower-body thickness. Plays a bit high at times and will let too many defenders get into his body. He is above average in terms of range in coverage, but he can be slow to diagnose at times. He also displays below average ball skills in coverage. Plays through pain but he has had trouble staying healthy throughout his career and always seems to be battling lingering injuries, some of which include knee, finger, foot and shoulder.

Overall: Willis played in all 13 games in 2003 as a true freshman, making 20 total tackles and one tackle for loss. In 2004, he saw action in 10 of 11 games and finished the year with 70 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss, five sacks, one fumble recovery, and one forced fumble. Willis earned first team All-SEC honors (Associated Press, coaches) after the 2005 season when he started the 10 contests he played in and recorded 128 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, one interception, one fumble recovery, and two forced fumbles. He missed the Wyoming game (9/24) with a knee injury and battled several other injuries including a broken finger, a sprained knee, a foot sprain, and a partially separated AC shoulder joint. Willis also missed spring practice in 2006 after having off-season foot surgery. He returned for the 2006 season and started all 12 games, finishing with 137 total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery earning him first team All-American, first team All-SEC, SEC Defensive Player of the Year honors, and the Butkus Award.
Willis needs to learn to play more under control and his recognition skills in coverage need work. Otherwise, there's very little wrong with Willis as an NFL prospect. He has an outstanding combination of size, speed and agility. His tremendous workout performances in the postseason only verified what we've seen on him as a playmaking starter the past few seasons in the SEC. In our opinion, Willis is the top linebacker in the 2007 class and he should be ready to start immediately as a middle linebacker in the NFL.

Brando19
I wonder if the Bills go Lynch?

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 01:20 PM

I hope.

Brando19
I think the Bills will pick Hall.

Rastak
I think the Bills will pick Hall.

Hall or Revis. Maybe Quinn.....

motife
Scout's 10 best avail :

7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
10 Darrelle Revis CB
14 Adam Carriker DE
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
21 Marshawn Lynch RB

might add 28 Reggie Nelson, S to that list

TennesseePackerBacker

I was about to post that :lol:

With the 12th selection Buffalo selects, Marshawn Lynch

BallHawk

Didn't they lose him last year? He could go there though.

They lost him last year to the Seahawks.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I think I'd take Carriker here......

edit: heck maybe Lynch, that would be a good pick for Buf.....

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Don't want:
Hall, Branch, Quinn

Want the most:
Meachem, Nelson, Lynch (if they deem him healthy and not a bad character), possibly Carriker

I'd be indifferent on:
Olsen, Staley

Anybody else I'd have to think about more when they got picked.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 01:22 PM

yep, good idea.

DRAFT IDEA

FOR EACH PICK QUINN FALLS PAST THE VIKINGS HIS GAL FRIEND SHOULD TAKE A PIECE OF ATTIRE OFF

:lol:

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Don't want:
Hall, Branch, Quinn

Want the most:
Meachem, Nelson, Lynch (if they deem him healthy and not a bad character), possibly Carriker

I'd be indifferent on:
Olsen, Staley

Anybody else I'd have to think about more when they got picked.

I was scared silly the Vikings would grab Hall......

Brando19
04-28-2007, 01:23 PM

yep, good idea.

DRAFT IDEA

FOR EACH PICK QUINN FALLS PAST THE VIKINGS HIS GAL FRIEND SHOULD TAKE A PIECE OF ATTIRE OFF

What happens when he drops to the bottom of the round? Maybe his sister begins?

AtlPackFan
04-28-2007, 01:24 PM

yep, good idea.

DRAFT IDEA

Me likey.....

MasonCrosby
i believe in the wisdom of ted thompson...

packers11
I hope Hall goes to the Bills...

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 01:25 PM

yep, good idea.

DRAFT IDEA

What happens when he drops to the bottom of the round? Maybe his sister begins?

she looks too much like a man for me..

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 01:26 PM
does anyone here think thompson will take quinn if he's available?

*dives under desk*

just wondering

Rastak
Scouts inc on 7 & 8

7. Minnesota Vikings
The pick: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Scouts take: This is another example of a team making the right decision by trumping need with value. While the Vikings have more pressing needs at several other positions including defensive end and running back Adrian Peterson is too good to pass up on. Peterson is a tough runner who can pick up yards between the tackles and break tackles when he gets into the open field. He has the burst to turn the corner, make the first defender miss and turn on the jets when he gets a seam.

Oklahoma admittedly didn't throw to Peterson much but he has shown signs of developing into a quality receiver. Of course there are the durability issues. However, Minnesota already has Chester Taylor on the roster so they wont have to lean on Peterson as much as a lot of other teams would have had they taken them.

8. Atlanta Falcons
Pick acquired from Houston
The pick: Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
Scouts take: Chances are Anderson wasn't the Falcons' first choice, as they need to get a safety that can make an impact this year. They were also reportedly hoping to get one of the top two offensive tackles if they didn't take a safety. But with Landry, Thomas and Brown off the board, Atlanta did well to get decent value and fill their need at defensive end here. Anderson certainly needs to get more consistent and he doesn't have elite athletic ability.

However, he is a relentless pass rusher who has good closing speed and can deliver the big hits when he gets to the quarterback, which should soften the blow of losing Patrick Kerney. Atlanta's run defense should benefit from getting Anderson. Anderson has the size to hold his ground against the run and the upper body strength to shed blocks quickly once he learns how to use his hands a little better.

Packgator
Will Bears trade up for Quinn?

Rastak
Will Bears trade up for Quinn?

If they are smart....

motife
04-28-2007, 01:27 PM
DRAFT IDEA

Me likey.....[/quote]

I'd rather see Quinn's sister strip. A.J. Hawk's wife. Shes' STACKED.

Brando19
Bills picked lynch.

BallHawk
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

Reggie 92
Screw Bruce Smith...he was obsessed with Reggie's sack record and needed a ton more games to break it

Lurker64
Bills took Lynch! HOORAY!

RashanGary
FUCK!!!

Tarlam!
Thank GOD!!!!!

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 01:28 PM
FUCKKK

Carolina_Packer
Well, there goes Lynch shuffling off to Buffalo

Bretsky
MARSHAWN LYNCH

I JUST WON ANOTHER $10 WITH THAT PICK

Sparkey
Lynch is gone

TennesseePackerBacker
man...I wish I was in Bretsky's draft pool.

Rastak
Bills grab Lynch.....not a shocker.......

Marshawn Lynch
RB | (5'11", 215, 4.46) | CALIFORNIA

Scouts Grade: 93

Strengths: An instinctive runner with a good combination of size and straight-line speed. He runs with good pad-level and can be a tough inside runner. Drives his legs and will consistently fall forward at the end of runs. Just as effective as an outside runner, showing the initial burst to take the corner. He's instinctive and displays good vision to find holes as a ball-carrier. His receiving skills have improved and he shows above average hands. Should develop into a big-play weapon as a receiver out of the backfield in the NFL. While he doesn't have ideal experience as a fulltime starter at the collegiate level, the positive spin is that he hasn't accrued too much mileage on his legs. He's an experienced pass blocker with the size and strength to be effective in that facet of the game.

Weaknesses: While he's fast through the line of scrimmage, he does not possess an elite second-gear to run away from defenders. He's also not overly elusive. A bit of a straight-line running type that won't make a lot of defenders miss in space. He doesn't always show good recognition skills as a pass blocker and he also lacks ideal savvy as a route runner at this point. There are some questions about his potential to carry the full load in the NFL, as he split carries throughout college career and missed a few games due to various injuries. There are also growing concerns regarding character issues following recent accusation of sexual assault.

Overall: Lynch played in all 12 games as a true freshman in 2004 while backing up J.J. Arrington. He carried 71 times for 628 yards (8.8 average) and eight touchdowns, and caught 19 passes for 147 yards and two more scores earning freshman All-American recognition. In 2005, Lynch started nine of the 10 contests he played in, missing all of the Illinois and New Mexico games, and most of the matchup with Washington because of finger and hand ailments. For the year, he gained 1,246 yards on 196 carries (6.4 average) and 10 touchdowns, and caught 15 passes for 125 yards, garnering an honorable mention All-Pac-10 selection (coaches). In 2006, Lynch started all 13 games and was named the Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year after carrying 223 times for 1,421 yards (6.1 average) and 11 touchdowns, and hauling in 34 passes for 328 yards and four more scores. Over the past three seasons, he has also returned 33 kickoffs for 744 yards (22.5 average). Lynch was accused of sexually assaulting his former girlfriend. She claimed she was choked, slapped and assaulted Dec. 13 in Oakland. No charges were filed but the woman did receive a restraining order.
Lynch has shown flashes of brilliance and he displays the size and acceleration to become a homerun threat in the NFL. While he's not the shiftiest of backs, Lynch can pound it between the tackles just as effectively as he can turn the corner as an outside runner. He also displays lots of potential as a pass-catcher at the next level. However, while Lynch grades out on film as a mid-first round talent, he could slip a half-round or so due to durability and character concerns.

Brando19
:cry:

Reggie 92
Come on Carriker...fall to 16

MasonCrosby
uh oh...

TennesseePackerBacker
Thank GOD!!!!!

:glug:

Packnut
It's looking more and more like Meachem or Bowe in G&G.

motife
How would you like to have Marv Levy doing our draft?

sheesh...

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:29 PM
FUCK!!!

If Carriker falls you'll be happy as a clam.

Bretsky
BUT I'LL ADD ANOTHER FUCK TO THE PICK; I WANTED TT TO HAVE THE OPTION

pacfan
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

so what does TT do? trade down (no trades so far), do we draft a TE? I don't like the DE from Nebraska. WR?

a bit disappointed..

Brando19
Packers will take Olsen.

BallHawk

I'd be happy with either.

motife
still available :

7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
10 Darrelle Revis CB
14 Adam Carriker DE
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
22 Jarvis Moss DE
23 Anthony Spencer DE
24 Lawrence Timmons OLB
25 Aaron Ross CB
26 Ben Grubbs G
27 Paul Posluszny OLB
28 Reggie Nelson S
29 Justin Harrell DT
30 Ryan Kalil C
31 Chris Houston CB
32 Dwayne Jarrett WR

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 01:30 PM
i think TT can handle it...he's clever

Rastak
still available :

7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
10 Darrelle Revis CB
14 Adam Carriker DE
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
22 Jarvis Moss DE
23 Anthony Spencer DE
24 Lawrence Timmons OLB
25 Aaron Ross CB
26 Ben Grubbs G
27 Paul Posluszny OLB
28 Reggie Nelson S
29 Justin Harrell DT
30 Ryan Kalil C
31 Chris Houston CB
32 Dwayne Jarrett WR

Maybe Revis or Hall is there at 16.

TT might want to get younger at CB.

RashanGary

I won't be. He's a 2nd rounder IMO.

Packnut

I'd be happy with either.

Me too. I just hope Teddy has the sense to grab one of them. Brett need's help. It's time for Thompson to do the right thing.

Bretsky

Who's the next dang pick then ?

Everybody throws in $5 for every pick and we have to pick by the seven minute mark.

Money accumulates if we are all right

So that Okoye Pick was huge as the pot was built up high

Just adds a little fun

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 01:31 PM
45 minutes to go....

TennesseePackerBacker

Everybody throws in $5 for every pick and we have to pick by the seven minute mark.

Just adds a little fun

Next pick is Branch

Sparkey
Alan Branch!

The big DT missing since Gilbert Brown.... would love that pick.

Get a WR and RB in rounds two and three

Charles Woodson
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

16.1000 - 8.(40) 500
28.(60) 300
7. (71) 235

Rastak

I won't be. He's a 2nd rounder IMHO.

Really? I liked him better than Anderson....but who knows......

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Alan Branch!

The big DT missing since Gilbert Brown.... would love that pick.

Get a WR and RB in rounds two and three

gag me. The junk players that I hated and hoped would go before us are all on the board. YUCK

Rastak
Schefter says Green Bay now in a lurch....

motife
I'd say the Rams take a Defensive lineman. Carriker, Branch or Jarvis Moss.

TheCheese
NO OLSEN, Come on Carriker to 16 !!!

Merlin
The only person worth taking at this point in the first round is Brady Quinn and I don't see TT doing that. Look for him to trade out of the first round, possibly with Oakland for Moss or the Chiefs for Johnson. I could be wrong about him not taking Quinn but I would be surprised if he did because he has a first round bust at QB that only he can't see as a bust right now.

Tarlam!
Moss will not be traded. Turner is our 1st rounder....

Packgator
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

Good idea. I think this would be possible.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 01:33 PM
still available :

7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
10 Darrelle Revis CB
14 Adam Carriker DE
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
22 Jarvis Moss DE
23 Anthony Spencer DE
24 Lawrence Timmons OLB
25 Aaron Ross CB
26 Ben Grubbs G
27 Paul Posluszny OLB
28 Reggie Nelson S
29 Justin Harrell DT
30 Ryan Kalil C
31 Chris Houston CB
32 Dwayne Jarrett WR

Maybe Revis or Hall is there at 16.

TT might want to get younger at CB.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PaCkFan_n_MD
Sorry am late........ :D

I just saw lynch got pick. good.

Lets swap firsts with the chargers for Turner.

Sparkey
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

For Ginn? That would be a total waste of a 1st round pick

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Just adds a little fun

Next pick is Branch

It's Branch or Carriker

TennesseePackerBacker
The only person worth taking at this point in the first round is Brady Quinn and I don't see TT doing that. Look for him to trade out of the first round, possibly with Oakland for Moss or the Chiefs for Johnson. I could be wrong about him not taking Quinn but I would be surprised if he did because he has a first round bust at QB that only he can't see as a bust right now.

I can't believe some of you guys, at 16 there will be atleast 3 or 4 good prospects to choose from.

PaCkFan_n_MD
What about Quinn?

You would getting a really good QB.

Brando19
04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
What about Quinn?

Why is he still on the board?

motife

I can't believe some of you guys, at 16 there will be atleast 3 or 4 good prospects to choose from.

does anyone STAND OUT? not really... if you could get some team to bite on 16, I'd take it.

Reggie 92
" I don't like the DE from Nebraska. "

What's not to like about Carriker? He has great size and strength, he can get to the QB, he's stout against the run, he plays hurt, he is a leader, and he may end up at DT in the NFL....we could use his guy for SURE

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 01:36 PM
What about Quinn?

picking Quinn and then trading him is a big possiblity, I just can't see TT picking another QB of the future 2 years later with Favre still around, hell Favre will probably be around next year too.

RashanGary
What about Quinn?

If Thompson truely sticks to his BPA slogan then Quinn could very well be the guy.

Rastak
Carriker or Revis....

PaCkFan_n_MD
What about Quinn?

b/c the fins are dumb. :)

Packgator
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

For Ginn?

It would be for picks *lots of them)........including the Dolphins early second rounder.......if they have one. Maybe include Chambers? I don't think the Fins have enough early picks left though.

Merlin
04-28-2007, 01:37 PM

I can't believe some of you guys who thinks it's okay to overpay someone because they were selected in the 1st round. Face it, there is no one worthy of a first round pick left accept Quinn. Why pay for mediocrity? Anyone left on the board besides Quinn is worthy of a 2nd round or later pick.

pacfan
[quote=BallHawk]YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

I don't like the DE from Nebraska.

What's not to like about Carriker? He has great size and strength, he can get to the QB, he's stout against the run, he plays hurt, he is a leader, and he may end up at DT in the NFL....we could use his guy for SURE

NFLN agrees with you, I think we have to fix the offense.

TennesseePackerBacker
Carriker or Revis....

My Revis pick from hours ago is starting to look good

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Did anyone notice that we have a new record number of posters on at once?

Charles Woodson
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

For Ginn?

It would be for picks *lots of them)........including the Dolphins early second rounder.......if they have one. Maybe include Chambers? I don't think the Fins have enough early picks left though.

Packers - Dolphins

16.1000 - 8.(40) 500
28.(60) 300
7. (71) 235

total: 1000 - 1035

Basically so they can get quinn. i mean think about it 3 secounds and 2 thirds

BallHawk

DL is one of our only strengths right now. It'd be idiotic to spend a pick on Carriker.

Merlin
If TT had to draft someone and Quinn was there, if I were him I would take him and look to trade Rodgers for Moss and a 4th.

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 01:39 PM
this is gonna be really interesting, wonder what TT will do, if he can have a draft as good as last year's...

Rastak

DL is one of our only strengths right now. It'd be idiotic to spend a pick on Carriker.

No, BPA.....that's my take anyway....

TennesseePackerBacker

I can't believe some of you guys who thinks it's okay to overpay someone because they were selected in the 1st round. Face it, there is no one worthy of a first round pick left accept Quinn. Why pay for mediocrity? Anyone left on the board besides Quinn is worthy of a 2nd round or later pick.

You must be joking, Meachem is a 6'2" reciever who can run a 4.4 forty has a good vertical and soft hands, Revis is in the mold of an Al Harris, but faster, and gives us a great return man. That's not even saying anything about Carriker, Branch, Hall, Olsen, the list goes on.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Good!

Charles Woodson
Did anyone notice that we have a new record number of posters on at once?

In total there are 72 users online :: 28 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 76 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:38 pm

Packgator
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

For Ginn?

It would be for picks *lots of them)........including the Dolphins early second rounder.......if they have one. Maybe include Chambers? I don't think the Fins have enough early picks left though.Basically so they can get quinn. i mean think about it 3 secounds and 2 thirds

Do the Fins have enough picks laying around to do that?

Rastak
If TT had to draft someone and Quinn was there, if I were him I would take him and look to trade Rodgers for Moss and a 4th.

Davis give the Packers a 4th? He'd have to be commited to a mental institution....(which might have to happen anyway).

Reggie 92
Ballhawk-

Not to drag this out, but I think a pass rusher is the second most important position in football after the QB...

well it's a non-point, the Rams snagged him anyway

MasonCrosby
and carriker is gone...

PaCkFan_n_MD

Why would the radiers want rogders now?

motife
04-28-2007, 01:41 PM
7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
10 Darrelle Revis CB
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
22 Jarvis Moss DE
23 Anthony Spencer DE
24 Lawrence Timmons OLB
25 Aaron Ross CB
26 Ben Grubbs G
27 Paul Posluszny OLB
28 Reggie Nelson S
29 Justin Harrell DT
30 Ryan Kalil C
31 Chris Houston CB
32 Dwayne Jarrett WR

Rastak
Carriker to Rams....good pick

Adam Carriker
DE | (6'6", 296, 4.9) | NEBRASKA

Scouts Grade: 94

Strengths: Possesses outstanding size and good quickness for his size. Is tall, well-built and powerful. Shows adequate initial quickness and good agility for such a bigger DE prospect. He plays with adequate leverage and shows the base to take on blocks versus the run. He possesses very good upper body strength and will jar offensive linemen with his initial punch. He does a great job of anchoring at the line of scrimmage when teams run at him. He takes solid angles in pursuit and has become a reliable wrap-up tackler in space. Also is a powerful hitter. Shows good instincts as a pass rusher. Displays a wide array of power moves and is relentless in pursuit. Not a speed-rusher type off the edge, but he is productive because as an interior penetrator thanks to his quickness, power, versatility and motor.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal top-end speed. Does not show the speed or closing burst to consistently turn the corner as an edge rusher in the NFL. Doesn't have much value as an every-down defensive end in a 4-3 scheme. Is a power-end type that will only fit well as a DE in a 3-4 or as a rotating DE/DT in a 4-3. He must continue to improve his hand-usage in order to consistently disengage quicker. Gets cut a lot and needs to do a better job of protecting his lower body.

Overall: Carriker was redshirted in 2002. He played in nine games in 2003, missed three games with an ankle injury, and finished the year with three total tackles, one tackle for loss, and one sack. In 2004, he appeared in 10 games (eight starts), missed more time with an ankle injury, and recorded 36 total tackles, seven tackles for loss, and three sacks for the season. Carriker then started all 12 games in 2005 at "base" defensive end, made 43 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, and forced one fumble earning First Team All-Big 12 recognition from the Associated Press. Carriker started all 14 games in 2006 and finished with 52 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, seven sacks, one interception and one blocked kick earning Associated Press All-Big 12 First Team honors for the second consecutive year.
Carriker displays an impressive combination of size, agility and power. He came on strong during his final two seasons at Nebraska and he carried that momentum over into the postseason, where he impressed at the Senior Bowl, combine and Pro Day. While he lacks elite top-end speed to consistently turn the corner as a perimeter pass rusher in the NFL, Carriker should still be an effective pass rusher due to his relentless motor, instincts and quickness for his size. His versatility also helps his draft stock, as he can play inside in a 3-4 and outside in a 4-3. Because there is such a big market in the NFL right now for a player with his unique blend of skills, Carriker could easily become top-15 pick in April's draft.

lod01
What about Quinn?

Because Miami has taken over as the dumbest franchise.

BallHawk
Ballhawk-

Not to drag this out, but I think a pass rusher is the second most important position in football after the QB...

well it's a non-point, the Rams snagged him anyway

KGB is still useful is he's fresh. I can see where you are coming from, though.

pacfan
Carriker to ST Lou-moot point now.

I'm hoping TT is fielding trade offers right now

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 01:42 PM
We're going Quinn.

Rastak

It looks to me like not many teams want to move up right now which means no trade down.

PaCkFan_n_MD

me to. If we want to go WR we should down. Theirs to much talent.

motife
Panthers, Hall, Revis, Olsen or Branch.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 01:43 PM

exactly, this isn't Madden

Charles Woodson
DP

Rastak
Panthers, Hall, Revis, Olsen or Branch.

Yea, that sounds about right Motife.....

Merlin

True, I forgot they got Russell, my bad

Packgator
[quote=pacfan]It looks to me like not many teams want to move up right now which means no trade down.

There has to be teams looking to move up for Quinn. I'll bet TT's phone is ringing of the hook!

Packnut
Taking Quinn would be the dumbest move in the history of drafts. Teddy ain't the brightest coin in the fountain, but he's not a complete idiot.

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Defense, Defense, Defense!!! WR is deep in this draft

Charles Woodson
Possible Trade?

Packers - Dolphins

For Ginn?

It would be for picks *lots of them)........including the Dolphins early second rounder.......if they have one. Maybe include Chambers? I don't think the Fins have enough early picks left though.Basically so they can get quinn. i mean think about it 3 secounds and 2 thirds

Do the Fins have enough picks laying around to do that?

yea cause they have there original 2nd and 3rd and the Patriots signed Wes Welker and had to give up a 2nd and a 7th to the dolphins

Rastak
Hmmm, trade is being discussed...Jets move up!

motife

exactly, this isn't Madden

They just drafted Jamarcus Russell. Aaron Rodgers is out of the question.

Reggie 92
TRADE???

Brando19
Jets traded to Carolina!

TennesseePackerBacker
fucking jets

BallHawk
Well, looks like the Jets are getting a CB.

Merlin
04-28-2007, 01:45 PM
You must be joking, Meachem is a 6'2" reciever who can run a 4.4 forty has a good vertical and soft hands, Revis is in the mold of an Al Harris, but faster, and gives us a great return man. That's not even saying anything about Carriker, Branch, Hall, Olsen, the list goes on.

We don't need a WR in the first round, there are better WR in the later rounds. There is NO DB or WR in this draft worth a first round pick. Time to get off the hype bandwagon.

Packnut

Yep, Jets going CB.

TennesseePackerBacker

man i'm praying they grab hall, what if they picked Quinn though?

Charles Woodson
Fuck lets hope that the jets take olsen

Rastak
NFLN is indicating Hall or Revis......

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Jets got hosed!!!!

motife
04-28-2007, 01:47 PM
The Jets are IDIOTS!!

1st, 2nd and 5th????

MasonCrosby
yeah i think the jets gave up too much

Rastak
Whoa....Jets traded 1st 2nd and 5th for 1st and 6th.

Ouch.....

Bretsky
DAM JETS; WHY DIDN"T THEY FRICKIN WAIT FOR US ???????????

Rastak
Whoa....Jets traded 1st 2nd and 5th for 1st and 6th.

Ouch.....

I'll consult the draft pick chart....

MJZiggy
What about Quinn?

Because Miami has taken over as the dumbest franchise. Good Point!

Carolina_Packer
Quinn to the Jets!!

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Mangina must be high..I'd be pissed if I was a Jets fan

Merlin
The Packers having a shot at Quinn is a big deal and could open up a lot of opportunities for us. Kansas City could use a QB of the future as well as Baltimore and Philadelphia. Who's to say we haven't already traded Rodgers to the Raiders even though that appears to be a stupid move by the Raiders? Who's to say we haven't worked something out with KC?

PaCkFan_n_MD
DAM why didn't the jets trade with us. :evil:

TennesseePackerBacker

We don't need a WR in the first round, there are better WR in the later rounds. There is NO DB or WR in this draft worth a first round pick. Time to get off the hype bandwagon.

Thinking I was ever on the hype bandwagon is a huge mistake, I'm a pretty cynical person. There can be a good WR had in the 2nd, I agree, but for you to say after 15 picks there will not be one worthy first rounder besides Quinn is just ignorance.

motife
Quinn's going to fall to 16.

The Steelers have Rothlisberger.

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Can we please stop the Rogers to Oakland speculations?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Yea, that make less than ZERO sense.

TennesseePackerBacker

kinda makes you feel like you're on Packerchatters huh? Where's Arrigo when you need him?

Merlin

Thinking I was ever on the hype bandwagon is a huge mistake, I'm a pretty cynical person. There can be a good WR had in the 2nd, I agree, but for you to say after 15 picks there will not be one worthy first rounder besides Quinn is just ignorance.

You must have money to burn my friend. Ignorance is pretending that anyone left besides Quinn is worthy of a contract that large. It's nice to know you have all that cash lying around for mediocrity.

motife
Steelers wanted to draft Revis.

That's why the Jets made the trade...

green_bowl_packer
04-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Jets didn't trade with us because GB or Pittsburgh would have taken their guy.

HarveyWallbangers
Quinn will go to the Chiefs.

HarveyWallbangers
Please take Hall.

Rastak
Steelers wanted to draft Revis.

That's why the Jets made the trade...

Per the NFLN, yup........Jets may broker another deal.....

Carolina_Packer
Can you think of anyone who wants to move up to get Quinn?

Merlin
04-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Assuming Rothlesberger is the real deal (which I have serious doubts), the Steelers wouldn't hurt themselves by taking Quinn, neither would the Jets.

PaCkFan_n_MD
Quinn will go to the Chiefs.

I would not be mad with Quinn. When Frave is gone I will feel a lot better about our future.

Reggie 92
Does a guy is Branch's mold fit our defense..aka: Sam Adams, Norman Hand

4and12to12and4
Are there any safeties left even close to Landry's skills?

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 01:53 PM

You must have money to burn my friend. Ignorance is pretending that anyone left besides Quinn is worthy of a contract that large. It's nice to know you have all that cash lying around for mediocrity.

What else are we going to spend our money on this year? A cap casualty? Some big name free agent that isn't even out there? Or an immediate starter in a hole we need filled.

b bulldog
Hopefully KC will want to trade up to get Quinn when our pick is up.

MJZiggy
Whatever happened with all the Turner trade rumors? I haven't heard anything since early this morning.

BallHawk
Good pick.

motife
7 Brady Quinn QB
9 Leon Hall CB
15 Alan Branch DT
16 Greg Olsen TE
17 Dwayne Bowe WR
19 Robert Meachem WR
20 Joe Staley OT
22 Jarvis Moss DE
23 Anthony Spencer DE
24 Lawrence Timmons OLB
25 Aaron Ross CB
26 Ben Grubbs G
27 Paul Posluszny OLB
28 Reggie Nelson S
29 Justin Harrell DT
30 Ryan Kalil C
31 Chris Houston CB
32 Dwayne Jarrett WR

Rastak
04-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Jets take Revis....good pick....

Darrelle Revis
CB | (5'11", 204, 4.38) | PITTSBURGH

Strengths: A tall, well-built cornerback with impressive athleticism for his size. He is instinctive and does a great job of reading opposing quarterbacks' eyes. Displays better than average ball skills. Shows toughness and aggressiveness in press coverage. Fills hard versus the run and has developed into a reliable open-field tackler. Also has value as a punt return specialist. Is sure-handed and displays very good vision and balance.

Weaknesses: Lacks elite quick-twitch athleticism. His hips are fluid but he doesn't display ideal lateral quickness. He will struggle to match-up one-on-one versus NFL's quicker and faster wide receivers. While he is elusive and shows some burst as a return man, he lacks a second-gear to consistently run away from defenders.

Overall: Revis played in all 12 games with 11 starts as a true freshman in 2004 recording 49 total tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, two interceptions, 12 pass breakups, and one forced fumble to earn freshman All-American accolades. In 2005, he became a first team All-Big East performer after starting all 11 games and posting 41 total tackles, one tackle for loss, four interceptions, nine pass breakups, two fumble recoveries, and one blocked kick. Revis once again started all 12 contests in 2006 and registered 39 total tackles including four for loss, two inceptions (both returned for touchdowns), and four pass breakups garnering his second straight All-Big East first team selection. Over the course of the past three seasons, Revis has also returned 54 punts for 555 yards (10.3 average) and two touchdowns (79 and 73 yards). As a side note, he is the nephew of former NFL player and Pitt standout Sean Gilbert.
Revis doesn't play as fast as his 40 time indicates and he will have trouble turning and running versus faster receivers in the NFL. While he is extremely smooth, he does not display elite quick-twitch athleticism. However, he is a fluid cover corner with very good size, natural instincts and toughness. He displays adequate man-to-man cover skills but we feel he's better suited to play in a zone-heavy defensive scheme. Adding to Revis' NFL value is his potential to make an impact as a punt return specialist. Revis projects as a mid-to-late first round selection in the underwhelming 2007 cornerback class.

Carolina_Packer
Griffin from TX if you don't think Branch has the motor or desire. We don't need underachieving D-lineman!

Charles Woodson
i personally think dolphins would like to

4and12to12and4
damn, thats who i thought we were gettin

Packgator

Dolphins

PaCkFan_n_MD
What about Nelson?

motife
Steelers take Hall? or Staley?

green_bowl_packer
I agree Quinn to KC at 23 barring any more trades up >

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Caolina traded down with the hope they could still draft Olsen although the Jets like him also.

Rastak
Turnabout is fair play Harvey....

With the 16th pick, Green Bay selects Leon Hall!

PaCkFan_n_MD

Hall

Reggie 92
Bulldog- You follow Michigan, is Branch a fat blob, or could he be a player next to Kampman etc.?

Charles Woodson

Lawerence Timmons

Merlin
[
What else are we going to spend our money on this year? A cap casualty? Some big name free agent that isn't even out there? Or an immediate starter in a hole we need filled.

There are no starters left. Why is it that people want us to put rookies in every season all of a sudden? Cap cuts are yet to happen and there will be much better players available when that happens then there are in this draft in the first round that will help us NOW, not 2 years from now.

b bulldog
Great pick, I was hoping he would end up in GB

Packgator
04-28-2007, 01:56 PM
What about Nelson?

All he does is make plays. I've watched all his games as a Gator. He is always making plays.

Charles Woodson
Well guys, were next!!

Rastak
Staley to the Steelers maybe? Bowe?

VermontPackFan
We go DT or CB with our pick...Im glad Lynch is off the board

4and12to12and4
i gotta feeling TT going to trade down here.

b bulldog
mICH D players= overrated

Carolina_Packer
So Packgator...you think Miami might try and work something out with GB for Quinn when number 16 comes?