PDA

View Full Version : Official 2007 Live Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Rastak
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
As tradition dictates.........rastak opens the discussion.....

Partial
04-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Unfortunately guys, my request off for "the draft" was not honored by the company so I won't be able to join you on this most wonderful of days. You guys have fun though and i'll pop in from time to time throughout the day.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately guys, my request off for "the draft" was not honored by the company so I won't be able to join you on this most wonderful of days. You guys have fun though and i'll pop in from time to time throughout the day.

I have a feeling you might get sick on Saturday. :wink:

Partial
04-25-2007, 03:53 PM

I have a feeling you might get sick on Saturday. :wink:

Nah, I don't do that kind of stuff. Because if I really do get sick I will need those days off.

ND72
04-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Next 2 days better fly by...good news is I have 2 "busy" days, so that should help me out with that.

hurleyfan
04-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Ras,
you kick it off last year??

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Speaking of tradition, good to see the Vikings and Lions will be picking well before the Pack this year. At least some things in this crazy world have returned to normal. :D

Packnut
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Speaking of tradition, good to see the Vikings and Lions will be picking well before the Pack this year. At least some things in this crazy world have returned to normal. :D

They won't return to "my normal" until the Bears join the Vikes and Lions in front of us.

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I said some things, not everything. :D

Rastak
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM

Ras,
you kick it off last year??

Yea, the last two years.....two years ago at JSO.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Can I have a pre-game profanity laced tirade at the turtle or do I need to wait til the draft starts ? Practice never hurts :lol:

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Please don't get the draft thread dumped into the GC...

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Can I have a pre-game profanity laced tirade at the turtle or do I need to wait til the draft starts ? Practice never hurts :lol:

At least there aren't any Wisconsin players that TT will pass over to raise your ire. Unless you really like John Stocco. :D

RashanGary
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
This isn't a very deep draft. I'm not expecting big things.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM

This isn't a very deep draft; but let's not start making excuses for him before the thing begins :lol:

After all, what else do we have to look forward to ?

digitaldean
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I am spending a good chunk of the first round at a friends house (he's an avid Cowboys fan). We exchange barbs about each other teams and share a few cold ones.

Looking forward to popping in after the first round and most of the second day!

Holding out hope we aren't trading rounds 1-6 to get the entire 7th round :wink:

GO PACK!

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM

This isn't a very deep draft; but let's not start making excuses for him before the thing begins :lol:

After all, what else do we have to look forward to ?

Yes, this draft isn't that deep, but am sure there will be a pro bowler player available when we pick at 16 you just have to make the right pick. In a couple years from now some players who are going to be picked in the second and third round are also going to be pro bowlers. My point is, even if the draft is not deep, their will still be lots of good player to turn out from it and it’s TT's job to find them. If his main plan is to build through the draft, then he better be good at that. No excuses.

RashanGary
04-25-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm thinkin Lynch and Bowe are the most likely. I'd be happy with either but I'm very aware that Thompson has a flare for the suprise pick.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Yes, this draft isn't that deep, but am sure there will be a pro bowler player available when we pick at 16 you just have to make the right pick. In a couple years from now some players who are going to be picked in the second and third round are also going to be pro bowlers. My point is, even if the draft is not deep, their will still be lots of good player to turn out from it and it’s TT's job to find them. If his main plan is to build through the draft, then he better be good at that. No excuses.

:thank: :bow:

retailguy
04-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Now wait just a minute. You're one of the PRIMARY guys preaching at me to "wait for the draft". Now you're not expecting big things?

what do you think I've been bitching about for the last 3 months?

Jennings, this is the LAST big hope. We don't get guys here, WE PLAY WITH HOLES IN 2007.

You better start praying. Now.

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 09:01 PM
No we don't. There are 4 rounds of cuts coming up. It's just a damned acorn. The sky is not falling.

retailguy
04-25-2007, 09:07 PM
No we don't. There are 4 rounds of cuts coming up. It's just a damned acorn. The sky is not falling.

If the quality of players is not better in the draft than in the 4 rounds of training camp cuts, we're screwed.

We can get depth in the cuts, but starters? With few exceptions, FORGET IT.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Let's get the party started.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM

Exactly

It's been frickin 8 weeks since football and we haven't had ONE piece of dam news to get excited about

Let's Rock; bring the draft.

retailguy
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Exactly

It's been frickin 8 weeks since football and we haven't had ONE piece of dam news to get excited about

What are you talking about? Koren Robinson got electronic monitoring a couple of weeks ago. the roads are still safe in GB! :P

BallHawk
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
This place is going to be my 1st choice of entertainment on draft day..........Matt Millen is going to be my 2nd.

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 09:43 PM

Exactly

You didn't know TT signed Devarick Scandrett? :shock:

retailguy
04-25-2007, 09:44 PM

Exactly

You didn't know TT signed Devarick Scandrett? :shock:

Is he a RB? :P :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Exactly

11 weeks since football, and 15 weeks since Packers football.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM

Exactly

11 weeks since football, and 15 weeks since Packers football.

Dammit you are making me more depressed !
4 Months of non news; I'm starting to have Packer withdrawals

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
You know something? Not only are we going to New York, Packer fans. We're going to Minnesota, and Denver, and Kansas City! and Detroit! And we're going to Dallas! And St. Louis! And Chicago! AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO GLENDALE, ARIZONA TO TAKE BACK THE LOMBARDI TROPHY!

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
You know something? Not only are we going to New York, Packer fans. We're going to Minnesota, and Denver, and Kansas City! and Detroit! And we're going to Dallas! And St. Louis! And Chicago! AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO GLENDALE, ARIZONA TO TAKE BACK THE LOMBARDI TROPHY!

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Post of the week: brought to you by Kool Aid (possibly with a bit of Jack Daniels mixed in)

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Hypothetical here. I know it's not going to happen, but if the Packers were to trade their 1st pick for Michael Turner, draft S Eric Weddle (or another highly rated S) with their 2nd pick, trade their 3rd pick for Randy Moss, and add a couple of corners later in the draft, how much of a contender in the NFC do you think they would be?

QB Brett Favre
RB Michael Turner
FB Brandon Miree
WR Donald Driver, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings
TE Bubba Franks, Donald Lee
OT Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher
OG Daryn Colledge, Jason Spitz
OC Scott Wells

DE Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins
DT Ryan Pickett, Corey Williams
LB A.J. Hawk, Nick Barnett, Brady Poppinga
CB Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Frank Walker, Will Blackmon, rookies
S Nick Collins, Eric Weddle

Would this team get you excited?

Chubbyhubby
04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
:P My guess is that the Packers will address D first round. Either Saftey or CB. Go after RB in the 3rd or 4th. Draft someone from a very unknown school no one has ever of before.

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2007, 10:39 PM

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Post of the week: brought to you by Kool Aid (possibly with a bit of Jack Daniels mixed in)

No, someone mentioned Howard Dean in another forum and I was inspired. Rest assured after broomball Friday night I am hitting the Shiner Bock hard, and whatever is left of the keg is joining me for the draft, followed by Brewers vs. Astros at the Juice Box.

It's gonna be a hell of a weekend.

MJZiggy
04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
See? I was close. Just Bock instead of JD.

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
See? I was close. Just Bock instead of JD.

Shiner is like moonshine. Great stuff.

Bretsky
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Hypothetical here. I know it's not going to happen, but if the Packers were to trade their 1st pick for Michael Turner, draft S Eric Weddle (or another highly rated S) with their 2nd pick, trade their 3rd pick for Randy Moss, and add a couple of corners later in the draft, how much of a contender in the NFC do you think they would be?

QB Brett Favre
RB Michael Turner
FB Brandon Miree
OC Scott Wells

I HEAR THE MUSIC

DREAMER.......DADADADA........YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A DREAMER........ETC

Yes, I'd be excited about the team. But now hear the above tune run through your head as you think about it

Guiness
04-26-2007, 04:45 AM

Now wait just a minute. You're one of the PRIMARY guys preaching at me to "wait for the draft". Now you're not expecting big things?

Jennings, this is the LAST big hope. We don't get guys here, WE PLAY WITH HOLES IN 2007.

And we're off!!!

I'll still remember the profanities (from HW?) after the selection of Collins a couple years ago...

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Only two days left!!!! 8-)

MadScientist
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Soon the speculating can end and the complaining can begin :)

Packnut
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I firmly believe without a doubt that this draft is the defining moment for Teddy. True, this is not a draft filled with super-star players, but it is a draft loaded with above avg players.

The reason I believe it's crucial to Thompson's future is that he need's to show a team that compete for a SB in year 5 of his regime. If a GM can't accomplish that in 5 years then he is a failure. I still believe a GM with balls can do it in 3, but hey that's just me.

This is year 3 of the snapper's reign and he need's to start showing tangible gains. 8-8 may appease some but the great majority of fans want more than just avg.

I still say and it's a fact that even the most ardent TT lovers can't refute, Teddy's crucial weakness is not having a plan b. He would'nt deal with Walker, so we suffered through no deep threat and weakness at WR. He did'nt have the for-sight to realize that when he signed Green for another year that if AG had a good season, he would command more money on the market. Sorry, Morency is not my idea of a solid plan B and judging from the remarks made by a good majority of NFL scouts about Morency being a "joke as a #1 back, I'm not alone in that belief.

So this draft is crucial. At the very least by what-ever means necessary, Thompson has to come out of this with a solid #3 Wr and a #1 RB. He need's to add some depth. He cannot miss on any of his first 5 picks IMO.

He sat on his hands while other GM's improved the talent level of their teams through FA, now he had better show us why!

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I firmly believe without a doubt that this draft is the defining moment for Teddy. True, this is not a draft filled with super-star players, but it is a draft loaded with above avg players.

The reason I believe it's crucial to Thompson's future is that he need's to show a team that compete for a SB in year 5 of his regime. If a GM can't accomplish that in 5 years then he is a failure. I still believe a GM with balls can do it in 3, but hey that's just me.

This is year 3 of the snapper's reign and he need's to start showing tangible gains. 8-8 may appease some but the great majority of fans want more than just avg.

I still say and it's a fact that even the most ardent TT lovers can't refute, Teddy's crucial weakness is not having a plan b. He would'nt deal with Walker, so we suffered through no deep threat and weakness at WR. He did'nt have the for-sight to realize that when he signed Green for another year that if AG had a good season, he would command more money on the market. Sorry, Morency is not my idea of a solid plan B and judging from the remarks made by a good majority of NFL scouts about Morency being a "joke as a #1 back, I'm not alone in that belief.

So this draft is crucial. At the very least by what-ever means necessary, Thompson has to come out of this with a solid #3 Wr and a #1 RB. He need's to add some depth. He cannot miss on any of his first 5 picks IMO.

He sat on his hands while other GM's improved the talent level of their teams through FA, now he had better show us why!

I agree with most of what you said and yes this is a curial draft for TT. I also agree that we need another WR and a number 1 back, but to be honest I would rather him take the BPA then pick a player just because it's a need. I just want TT to pick a player who is going to be good and be a solid starter for a long time no matter the position. That’s why I think he should of re-signed Green because at least we would have options going to this draft. Now he is almost forced to take a back at some point.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Soon the speculating can end and the complaining can begin :)

:D People will always complain.

Partial
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Man, I wish there was some indication as to whether Calvin or JaMarcus goes #1. I have to prepare my mock draft before 3pm tomorrow, and it is impossible to tell at this stage of the game. Right now, it has to be JaMarcus, but with possibly trades on the horizon it is impossible to predict.

mngolf19
04-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Man, I wish there was some indication as to whether Calvin or JaMarcus goes #1. I have to prepare my mock draft before 3pm tomorrow, and it is impossible to tell at this stage of the game. Right now, it has to be JaMarcus, but with possibly trades on the horizon it is impossible to predict.

It's CJ. He'll draft and pick up a QB later.

"Do you believe in miracles?" :wink:

Rastak
04-26-2007, 07:58 PM

And we're off!!!

I'll still remember the profanities (from HW?) after the selection of Collins a couple years ago...

Yea, but he recovered pretty fast.....

J-Rok
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I can't wait to start complaining. I plan to be screaming at the TV all day for the fun of it and making fun of picks and dumb player names I have no idea about. And I really can't wait when I see a player I made fun of or a pick I made fun of kicking ass on Sundays.

Haha. I love the Draft.

Fritz
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Which draft for which GM is not crucial? You think Matt Millen is kicking back, thinking it's no biggie if he blows another draft? You think Belichick and the GM there (whose name is Scott something-or-other) are thinking they don't need an excellent draft to carry on, as their linebacker corp is aging and their receivers are pedestrian? Man, it's crucial for everyone.

I happen to think the draft is also TT's forte. I believe too that the scouting department does a really nice job on the lesser-known guys, the ones we don't hear about but end up as the Tony Fishers and Cullen Jenkinses of the draft - free agent guys who don't get drafted. So we all focus on players we can read about, which is natural, but we forget that some nobody who is signed after the draft, or some nobody who is a seventh round pick, may become a Donald Driver or a Scott Wells.

It's going to be good, Packnut. TT's got this team on the right track, and barring major injuries I think they'll be a playoff team in 2008.

retailguy
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Which draft for which GM is not crucial? You think Matt Millen is kicking back, thinking it's no biggie if he blows another draft? You think Belichick and the GM there (whose name is Scott something-or-other) are thinking they don't need an excellent draft to carry on, as their linebacker corp is aging and their receivers are pedestrian? Man, it's crucial for everyone.

I happen to think the draft is also TT's forte. I believe too that the scouting department does a really nice job on the lesser-known guys, the ones we don't hear about but end up as the Tony Fishers and Cullen Jenkinses of the draft - free agent guys who don't get drafted. So we all focus on players we can read about, which is natural, but we forget that some nobody who is signed after the draft, or some nobody who is a seventh round pick, may become a Donald Driver or a Scott Wells.

It's going to be good, Packnut. TT's got this team on the right track, and barring major injuries I think they'll be a playoff team in 2008.

I think you hijacked my last shipment of kool-aid. :P

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Give it back to him Fritz. He needs it more than you do (or at least share!).

Partial
04-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Wasn't the draft way earlier last year? I seem to remember waking up early to see them pick Hawk. High Noon is fairly late. The first three rounds will go until about midnight that means.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I can't wait to start complaining. I plan to be screaming at the TV all day for the fun of it and making fun of picks and dumb player names I have no idea about. And I really can't wait when I see a player I made fun of or a pick I made fun of kicking ass on Sundays.

Haha. I love the Draft.

Who will win the "Jason Spitz Team Photo" Award?

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Anybody? :)

QB Brett Favre
RB Michael Turner
FB Brandon Miree
OC Scott Wells

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 04:30 PM
I would be a happy man, Harv. :D

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
One guy that we aren't hearing a lot about is Le'Ron McClain.

He's a FB out of Alabama that TT should take a serious look at. He's a big time sleeper. He is arguably the best receiver at FB in this draft, ahead of Leonard. He's a solid blocker and can get the short, tough yards. He very well could, ultimately, be the best FB out of this draft and he could be had at the fraction of the cost as Leonard. Leonard will probably go in the 2nd. We could get McClain in the 4th or 5th.

Joemailman
04-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Haha. I love the Draft.

Who will win the "Jason Spitz Team Photo" Award?

He's set the bar pretty high:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/spitz0429.jpg

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Fun reading this thread.

All my trust lies in Ted Thompson. He knows exactly what's best for the Packers. All Packer fans can rely on this and simply relax. :)

He's da man. 8-)

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 04:47 PM
'bout time you figured that out :wink:

Packnut
04-27-2007, 04:55 PM

There are several teams to whom this draft is not crucial. The Patriots can afford to miss on a few picks and it won't hurt. The Colts are the SB champion and likewise this draft is not crucial. There are a few more teams in the same position. No one is gonna be crying in Chicago if Angelo misses on the first

Obviously TT's first draft was not crucial cause it was'nt all that great. Last seasons draft shows promise but right now, that's all it shows. You make it sound like some kind of accomplishment if TT has a play-off team in 2008. One would think after 4 drafts and 4 years of FA, a GM should produce a play-off team. I guess our expectations of what a GM should accomplish in a certain amount of time is very different......

Bretsky
04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I think this is only TT's 3rd draft and 3rd yr of free agency :wink:

That being said, this draft is critical to GB because the Snapper had decided to hide his head under the shell throughout all of free agency. Crap, I still have this stupid signature; never would I have imagined it's take this long.

Some teams have filled holes via free agency....like NE....and they are filling out the depth of a contending team.

We're further away from the playoffs on paper than we were at the end of last season; that's why it's so dam important.

Rastak
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM

That being said, this draft is critical to GB because the Snapper had decided to hide his head under the shell throughout all of free agency. Crap, I still have this stupid signature; never would I have imagined it's take this long.

Some teams have filled holes via free agency....like NE....and they are filling out the depth of a contending team.

We're further away from the playoffs on paper than we were at the end of last season; that's why it's so dam important.

It's bad to count on rookies....that having been said......bring on the draft!

I wish I could give a educated guess on what TT will do but he's a bit unpredictable. I don't have a clue. I'm thinking the Moss deal goes down and late in the season you guys will be pissing and moaning about the guy. like every fan does when he joins their team. I never realized what a bunch of Moss fans you guys were....LOL....I still have to run that JSO search....

As for the Vikes.....hard to say. I hope they draft Peterson or Landry. If not, move back and grab either Anderson at DE, Carricker, Bowe, Meacham or Ginn Jr.

Joemailman
04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Is this thread gonna suffer big-time if TT trades his #1 pick for LJ, or will you guys still be trying to out-Kiper Kiper? :wink:

cpk1994
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Is this thread gonna suffer big-time if TT trades his #1 pick for LJ, or will you guys still be trying to out-Kiper Kiper? :wink:I can't out Kiper Kiper. I don't have his hair. :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2007, 08:30 PM
I never realized what a bunch of Moss fans you guys were....LOL....I still have to run that JSO search....

I've always praised Moss (and Culpepper for that matter) for his play. Some of the stuff he does is stupid, but I don't think he's a bad guy or a guy his teammates hate (Terrell Owens). For the right price (and I think a 3rd would be the right price, nothing higher), I say bring him on. It's worth the shot. 3rd round picks are a crapshoot and we'd still have an extra pick left in the draft. Maybe Thompson can trade down to gather an extra 3rd round pick. If so, it would be like trading Moss and a lower 1st for our 1st.

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:32 PM

It's bad to count on rookies....that having been said......bring on the draft!

I wish I could give a educated guess on what TT will do but he's a bit unpredictable. I don't have a clue. I'm thinking the Moss deal goes down and late in the season you guys will be pissing and moaning about the guy. like every fan does when he joins their team. I never realized what a bunch of Moss fans you guys were....LOL....I still have to run that JSO search....

As for the Vikes.....hard to say. I hope they draft Peterson or Landry. If not, move back and grab either Anderson at DE, Carricker, Bowe, Meacham or Ginn Jr.

Rastak...sounds like you're a little jealous? lol Go MoSs!

The Shadow
04-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Fritz, as usual you are a voice of wisdom & reason.
I agree completely.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Is this thread gonna suffer big-time if TT trades his #1 pick for LJ, or will you guys still be trying to out-Kiper Kiper? :wink:

I think that, obviously, if we don't have a #1 pick it lessens the excitement. However, I'll still be here, mocking everything Kiper says and making notes on what he says about players so I can see what a clown he is at the end of the season. It's a tradition. :D

ND72
04-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Think about this...Talking about the Raiders. If they hadn't passed on Matt Leinart last year, they are taking Calvin JOhnson this year and :shock: wowzer.

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 01:39 AM
DRAFT DAY IS HERE! DRAFT DAY IS HERE! DRAFT DAY IS HERE!

And so am I..... :whaa:

Guiness
04-28-2007, 03:48 AM
Getting ready - I'm 12 time zones away so the draft starts at 1am for me here!!! Some guys are going out to the bars tonight, but I'll be in my room chatting with the rats 8-)

Wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope they make their pick by 4am so I can get some damn sleep!

the_idle_threat
04-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Happy draft day, folks! Enjoy!

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:08 AM

Welcome! Soon the fun begins.......

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Actually Jay Cutler was also there and would have been m y selection for the Raiders.

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 06:50 AM
You know guys, we might disagree fromt time to time, hell sometimes it can get down right nasty in here but right now it's F'n DRAFT DAY!!!!

Yeah....

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight....get down tonight...

AHHHHHHH....

Whew...Ok.......Anyway...I'm off to help my brother move *I guess family is more important than the Packers and the draft* but I'll be back well before we pick and I'll have the radio in the mean time.

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 06:52 AM
God,family and the Green Bay Packers

LL2
04-28-2007, 06:53 AM
So on ESPN it says it starts at 11 CST. Is that the pregame shpw or the actual picking?

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 06:55 AM

You guys have a real chance at Peterson. I never really thought it was possible untill someone went through the senerio last night. If you guys get Peterson that will instantly make your team MUCH better.

He has major injury concern but hey, he's the type of player that you don't mind having a horrible season for. We had Hawk and now you guys get Peterson. It will be fun to watch that match up over the years if it goes down that way.

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Teams usually start going on the clock about twenty minutes after the draft begins. Peterson will be in Minny unless Cleveland takes him.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 07:05 AM

You guys have a real chance at Peterson. I never really thought it was possible untill someone went through the senerio last night. If you guys get Peterson that will instantly make your team MUCH better.

He has major injury concern but hey, he's the type of player that you don't mind having a horrible season for. We had Hawk and now you guys get Peterson. It will be fun to watch that match up over the years if it goes down that way.

Yea, he's probably worth the risk. Should be a fun two days.....on a seperate note, helping someone move isn't too bad but being the one moving sucks!

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 07:33 AM
TWO MORE HOURS before the NFL Draft show begins on NFL Network.

I don't get the channel per sé, but I subscribe to NASN, a cable channel that hosts NFL games of the week and NFL Updates.

They are actually televising rounds 1-3. First time ever on German tele!

Rastak
04-28-2007, 07:36 AM

I don't get the channel per sé, but I subscribe to NASN, a cable channel that hosts NFL games of the week and NFL Updates.

Cool! I'm thinking about playing a couple of sets of tennis and then hurry back here in time for the Raiders to grab Russell.......

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 08:03 AM

Cool! I'm thinking about playing a couple of sets of tennis and then hurry back here in time for the Raiders to grab Russell.......

IMO the Vikings will have a shot at either Peterson or Quinn. I have a bad feeling about this draft. Probably because I really like a player or two and figure we'll pass them by.

LL2
04-28-2007, 08:03 AM
What time do you think GB will pick? I have a few things to do today and want to try to time everything so I can watch the Pack on the clock.

ND72
04-28-2007, 08:18 AM
What time do you think GB will pick? I have a few things to do today and want to try to time everything so I can watch the Pack on the clock.

if every team takes 15 minutes, we'll draft around 3pm.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Well, I might as well throw my mock draft out there:

1 OAK - QB JaMarcus Russell
2 DET* - WR Calvin Johnson
3 CLE - QB Brady Quinn
4 TB* - DE Gaines Adams
5 ARI - OT Joe Thomas
6 WAS - S LaRon Landry
7 MIN - RB Adrian Peterson
8 ATL - OT Levi Brown
9 MIA - DT Amobi Okoye
10 HOU - CB Darrelle Revis
11 SF - LB Patrick Willis
12 BUF - CB Leon Hall
13 STL - DE Adam Carriker
14 CAR - S Reggie Nelson
15 PIT - DE Jamaal Anderson
16 GB - WR Robert Meachem
17 JAC - WR Ted Ginn
18 CIN - DT Alan Branch
19 TEN - WR Dwayne Bowe
20 NYG - OT Joe Staley
21 DEN - LB Lawrence Timmons
22 DAL - CB Aaron Ross
23 KC - G Ben Grubbs
24 NE - RB Marshawn Lynch
25 NYJ - TE Greg Olsen
26 PHI - LB Jon Beason
27 NO - DT Justin Harrell
28 NE - LB Paul Posluszny
29 BAL - C Ryan Kalil
30 SD - S Michael Griffin
31 CHI - WR Sidney Rice
32 IND - WR Anthony Gonzalez

Rastak
04-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, I might as well throw my mock draft out there:

1 OAK - QB JaMarcus Russell
2 DET* - WR Calvin Johnson
3 CLE - QB Brady Quinn
4 TB* - DE Gaines Adams
5 ARI - OT Joe Thomas
6 WAS - S LaRon Landry
7 MIN - RB Adrian Peterson
8 ATL - OT Levi Brown
9 MIA - DT Amobi Okoye
10 HOU - CB Darrelle Revis
11 SF - LB Patrick Willis
12 BUF - CB Leon Hall
13 STL - DE Adam Carriker
14 CAR - S Reggie Nelson
15 PIT - DE Jamaal Anderson
16 GB - WR Robert Meachem
17 JAC - WR Ted Ginn
18 CIN - DT Alan Branch
19 TEN - WR Dwayne Bowe
20 NYG - OT Joe Staley
21 DEN - LB Lawrence Timmons
22 DAL - CB Aaron Ross
23 KC - G Ben Grubbs
24 NE - RB Marshawn Lynch
25 NYJ - TE Greg Olsen
26 PHI - LB Jon Beason
27 NO - DT Justin Harrell
28 NE - LB Paul Posluszny
29 BAL - C Ryan Kalil
30 SD - S Michael Griffin
31 CHI - WR Sidney Rice
32 IND - WR Anthony Gonzalez

Looks pretty acurate......now at least...LOL

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
No way we are picking at 16.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 08:29 AM
1. Jemarcus Russell
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Joe Thomas
4. Gaines Adams
5. Levi Brown
6. Leron Landry
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Amobi Okoye
9. Brady Quinn
10. Darrell Revis
11. Patrick Willis
12. Marshawn Lynch
13. Jamal Anderson
14. Greg Olson
15. Lawrence Timmons
16. Robert Meachem
17. Reggie Nelson
18. Leon Hall
19. Ted Ginn
20. Joe Staley
21. Alan Branch
22. Dwayne Bowe
23. Justin Harrell
24. Paul Poslusnsky
25. Aaron Ross
26. Brandon Merriweather
27. Chris Houston
28. Michael Griffin
29. Ryan Kali
30. Sydney Rice
31. Steve Smith
32. Justin Harrell

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 08:31 AM
No way we pick at #16.

Chubbyhubby
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Do you think we are going to trade the pick? If so to whom?

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 08:36 AM

Do you think we are going to trade the pick? If so to whom?

I just think the tier is from 1-7 and then 8 - 12. After that the 3rd tier is maybe 13 to 24.

So, I think we go up into 8-12, or we go as low as 24.

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Happy Draft Day fellow Rats!! The time is now 9:37. Is it too early to start my draft day buzz? :idea:

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Happy Draft Day fellow Rats!! The time is now 9:37. Is it too early to start my draft day buzz? :idea:

THE DAY IS HERE; NOT TOO EARLY

ALL OFF SEASON THE PACKER FANATICS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR POSITIVE NEWS AND WE WILL GET OURS TODAY

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks B. Kahlua and coffee it is. Can't wait to see what Al "the Lunatic" Davis has up his sleeve this morning.

Packnut
04-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Good luck everyone on what could be a HUGE day for the Packer Nation!

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Getting ready - I'm 12 time zones away so the draft starts at 1am for me here!!! Some guys are going out to the bars tonight, but I'll be in my room chatting with the rats 8-)

Wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope they make their pick by 4am so I can get some damn sleep!

Geez, where are you? Russia?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM
10. Darrell Revis
11. Patrick Willis
16. Robert Meachem
29. Ryan Kalil

Since we agree on these, it pretty much guarantees that these four things won't happen.
:(

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
10. Darrell Revis
11. Patrick Willis
16. Robert Meachem
29. Ryan Kalil

Since we agree on these, it pretty much guarantees that these four things won't happen.
:(

Yes, you are right. Maybe I should change #16 to somebody we detest to throw the karma gods the other way.

That #11 pick is probably the easiest one of those four. Texans might go Hall too or be tempted to trade up for AP

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh good. That means I have a shot at being right. :taunt:

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Schefter says Moss to NE, cause that's the only team he'll re-work his contract for.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey Harv, is superfan gonna stop by the live thread?

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Schefter on NFL Net saying Oakland wants to trade outta nr 1.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Time to run for beer and chips.......one hour till the big event.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM

He told me that he'd be on about a week ago. For how long or what time I don't know.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Schefter on NFL Net saying Oakland wants to trade outta nr 1.

And now ESPN is reporting the Raiders are going to pick JaMarcus Russell.

Damn, Al Davis is really screwing with the media.

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
It's hotting up.

The top 5 picks just arrived in Ny (excluding Thomas).

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 10:01 AM
goodell is on NFL Nt!

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I hope the vikings draft Peterson. He has bust written all over him.

Packnut
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Agreed! :shock:

oregonpackfan
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Contrary to weather predictions of sunny weather in the 70's, out here it is cool and about to rain. I just may be forced to give up my outside "honeydos" and be relocated inside in front of the TV!(Oh, darn) :)

motife
04-28-2007, 10:15 AM

Peterson's stand up posture while running spells doom in the NFL.

Eric Dickerson got away with it. No one else has.

I'm not sold on Marshawn Lynch either. He runs tippy toe, more like a wideout or a punt returner than a cleats in the turf running back stud.

motife
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I think I'm more nervous than Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn. I'm going to have to go pump some iron.

superfan
04-28-2007, 10:22 AM

Yes! :glug:

Just checking in now, got some errands to do. I should be online from about 1 until 5 today (central time).

Should be exciting this year. Lots of trade rumors, and the mock drafts that I've seen have been so varied that I really have no idea what will happen.

Rastak, do you have a preference for the first pick by the Purple?

Partial
04-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Mayock has us landing Okoye. I will be overjoyed if he falls to 16. If he does, that is the pick.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Just checking in now, got some errands to do. I should be online from about 1 until 5 today (central time).

Should be exciting this year. Lots of trade rumors, and the mock drafts that I've seen have been so varied that I really have no idea what will happen.

Hey superfan, what up? I'd like Peterson or Landry......Peterson has "Dickerson" written all over him.......

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Peterson's stand up posture while running spells doom in the NFL.The fact that NFLN said his collarbone might have to be rebroke and set might be even more of a factor.

Anyone seeing Will Ferrell acting a fool on NFLN?

Packnut
04-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Hey superfan, what up? I'd like Peterson or Landry......Peterson has "Dickerson" written all over him.......

Perhaps, but he'll never stay healthy long enough to find out. Can you say "injury prone"?

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
In 50 minutes, we'll know.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:33 AM

Perhaps, but he'll never stay healthy long enough to find out. Can you say "injury prone"?

Kind of like Robert Smith was?

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Just checking in now, got some errands to do. I should be online from about 1 until 5 today (central time).Wass up fool?

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Kind of like Robert Smith was?YOu talking about the dude that retired early cuz he said he didnt like the damage his body was taking? :twisted:

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Kind of like Robert Smith was?YOu talking about the dude that retired early cuz he said he didnt like the damage his body was taking? :twisted:

The dude that was smart enough to relize that not being able to walk at age 60 isn't a good thing.

Not enough guys have that sort of common sense.....it pissed me off but it made sense from his perspective.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:45 AM
they are booing Quinn, big time.......

Tarlam!
Why are they booing Quinn?

BallHawk

It's draft day. The New Yorkers have to find someone to boo.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:46 AM

New Yorkers are jerks? Not sure....

MadtownPacker
The dude that was smart enough to relize that not being able to walk at age 60 isn't a good thing.

Not enough guys have that sort of common sense.....it pissed me off but it made sense from his perspective.It was either that or the NFC Championship game vs ATL. :D

Partial
Stupid job of mine. Who wants to text me with the Packers pick?!? :lol:

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Fuck New Yorkers booing Quinn.

Packnut
04-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Kind of like Robert Smith was?

It took 4 seasons for him to really have an impact. He was the 21st pick which is a lot different than the #7 pick.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Fuck New Yorkers booing Quinn.

I thought it was kinda shitty too.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 10:49 AM

You don't have wireless internet access at your work?

I would think they should, it'd be great to show off those amazing Macs. :wink:

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:51 AM
It took 4 seasons for him to really have an impact. He was the 21st pick which is a lot different than the #7 pick.

Well, with his injury it may be two years before we know for sure.

Partial
04-28-2007, 10:52 AM

You don't have wireless internet access at your work?

I would think they should, it'd be great to show off those amazing Macs. :wink:

I sell lawn and garden equipment dog. We do have a computer, but on Saturdays my boss is a real stickler to make sure we stay on the floor. No wireless internet at Sears, though.

MadtownPacker
Mr Commish shoud feel like a real ass having vick standing up there with him after all his big talk of cleaning up the league.

BallHawk
Now the New Yorkers are booing Bruce Smith, in what is a tribute to VT.

Pricks...

Tarlam!
They bood Bruce Smith!

Fuck these NYers!

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Mr Commish shoud feel like a real ass having vick standing up there with him after all his big talk of cleaning up the league.

No kidding...what an asshole he turned out to be.

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Bruuuuuuuuuuce

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Cali wouldn't have booed them!!
(even though vick deserves it)

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Cali would be too stoned to boo...... :)

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 10:56 AM

In Cali, Vick would of been taking care of after the draft. :wink: :twisted:

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM

In Cali, Vick would of been taking care of after the draft. :wink: :twisted:Well hopefully someone him takes out. Im sick of seeing his mug plastered all over the place when he isnt even a good QB.

NFLN just said not to rule out the Pack for Moss!!

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM

In Cali, Vick would of been taking care of after the draft. :wink: :twisted:Well hopefully someone takes out. Im sick of seeing his mug plastered all over the place when he isnt even a good QB.

Who's doing the analysis for NFLN?

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Mooch is making a play that Moss comes to us...

AtlPackFan
04-28-2007, 11:01 AM

In Cali, Vick would of been taking care of after the draft. :wink: :twisted:Well hopefully someone him takes out. Im sick of seeing his mug plastered all over the place when he isnt even a good QB.

Saw that. Still not sure how I feel about that...depends on what we have to give up.

Fosco33
04-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed seeing Favre-Moss connections next year.

AtlPackFan
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Here we go folks...fingers crossed!!! Even for you Rastak!! 8-)

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
So, which channel to watch? NFL network low def or ESPN high def?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Here we go folks...fingers crossed!!! Even for you Rastak!! 8-)

Thanks bud. Let's get this show on the road.

AtlPackFan
So, which channel to watch? NFL network low def or ESPN high def?

I can't take Berman...I don't have HiDef anyway.

packers11
Who has better coverage...

ESPN

OR

NFLN?

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Got room for one more Packer fan on here? My wife has agreed to "Let me be" for the first two rounds..woohoo!

Fosco33
04-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok, I hate spreading rumors but I actually have one.

My coworker is 1st cousin's w/ Hunter Hillenmeyer. I was in ATL for work training this week (w/ a very small group). At dinner I asked him if Hunter had perspective on Briggs. Hunter was at dinner w/ James last week and he said that Briggs will stay a Bear next year but that Chicago is looking to draft another LB. Hunter is convinced he'll ride the pine next year.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Got room for one more Packer fan on here? My wife has agreed to "Let me be" for the first two rounds..woohoo!

Cool.....I reserved the whole weekend myself....!

First two rounds is a long time though so you did ok....

:D

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 11:08 AM
NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN NFLN

AtlPackFan
NFL network reporting Atlanta talking to Detroit about #2. Georgia Tech boy to stay in Georgia. As a Falcon hater....I would hate this! :(

Rastak

ESPN

OR

NFLN?

Not sure, this is the first time we've had a choice.....I think I'll flip back and forth till I can judge....

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Oaktown on the clock....trade? pick? The suspense is killing me.....

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Whats up Fuckers! Pretty nice spread around here if I do say so myself.

Packers trade down, take Ted Ginn Jr.

As a Punt and Kick returner he makes this selection a no brainer.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey Nutz.......welcome to the 2007 NFL draft....

AtlPackFan
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM

I agree!

MadtownPacker
Got room for one more Packer fan on here? My wife has agreed to "Let me be" for the first two rounds..woohoo!Looks like some last minute negotiations paid off! :P

Partial
Nutzy poo how i've missed you and your stunning analysis

Tarlam!

There goes the neighborhood.

Rastak

I agree!

Yea, ESPN tends to yak yak yak about the previous pick rather than focus on the current pick.

Fritz
04-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Man, all the dregs are here. Hooray!

Lurker64
With as much as they talk about it, you'd think an NFL team was looking to put in a play where Russell throws the ball 60 yards off of his knees.

The advantage of such a play, I really have no idea.

MJZiggy
They were horrible last year.

Reggie 92
Undoubtably, someone is going to fall to 16 that all the "experts" had pegged as a top ten pick. I know he went higher (tenth I believe) but Javon Kearse comes to mind when he fell to Tennessee. A guy like Carriker, Okoye, or Willis might fall right into our laps!

I'm pupmed! I'm a TT supporter, he has the personality of a broomstick and the public speaking skills of a chimp, but the man knows how to build a quality team through the draft and I support his "reward the players you have" approach rather than free spending on free agents.

MadtownPacker

The two sick bastards return!!

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 11:16 AM

About damn time!

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2007, 11:16 AM
This has always been a shitty neighborhood, hell it is run by a Mexican, but hell I have always liked it.

Right now I am stuck at my parents house waiting for my dad to get here to take care of my son. The shitty thing is there is no fucking cable here,

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm pupmed! I'm a TT supporter, he has the personality of a broomstick and the public speaking skills of a chimp, but the man knows how to build a quality team through the draft and I support his "reward the players you have" approach rather than free spending on free agents.Shhhh.. dont let any of these instant gratification fans hear you. :wink:

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 11:18 AM

We haven't arrived yet.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2007, 11:18 AM
What the fuck are the Raiders doing? Hopefully they take Calvin.

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 11:19 AM
This has always been a shitty neighborhood, hell it is run by a Mexican, but hell I have always liked it.

Right now I am stuck at my parents house waiting for my dad to get here to take care of my son. The shitty thing is there is no fucking cable here,

Open a tab to Packers.com. Click on the war room feed and they have NFLN on there. Hard to hear it, but it's there as a nice tease.

HarveyWallbangers

ESPN

OR

NFLN?

Both. Back and forth. If I had to choose one, it would be NFLN. I respect their commentators opinions more.

BallHawk
You know, it's pretty sad that on ESPN they have our key addition being Frank Walker.

Bretsky
Let's get this show on the road; make the dam pick

Hey guys, I have $5 riding on each pick today with two buddies I'm watching the picks with; Help me win money. We make our selections pick by pick

Rastak
What the fuck are the Raiders doing? Hopefully they take Calvin.

Fielding offers me thinks.....

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Russell it is!

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Okay, we get it, he can throw 60 yards from his knees. Enough!

packers11
OOOVVVVVERRRRRAATTTTEEEEEDDDDD

Rastak
Strengths: Possesses exceptional combination of size, strength and mobility. He is well-proportioned and flexible with long arms and big hands. Displays elite arm strength and can fit the ball into tight spots that most NFL quarterbacks can't hit. His timing, touch and accuracy as a passer continue to improve. Shows the ability to lead his receivers on timing routes and can drop the ball in between the linebacker and safety. Drives the ball downfield effortlessly and shows above-average accuracy on vertical throws. He is a smooth athlete, especially for his size. Seemed to become more comfortable tucking the ball and running when the opportunities presented themselves as a junior. He shows good presence in the pocket and he can buy extra time with his feet. He does a great job of finding open receivers when rolling out and he displays above-average accuracy when throwing on the run. He's also strong enough to throw with defenders hanging on his legs.

Weaknesses: Despite improving in this area, he still needs to improve his decision-making process. He has a tendency to lock onto his primary target at times and he will throw the ball into double-coverage too frequently. He gets lazy with his footwork and he needs to be more consistent with stepping into his throws. He has a tendency to just flick his wrist instead of stepping into his throws, and that's when his accuracy suffers. He's a fine athlete for his size but he lacks elite initial quickness and top-end speed. He's a threat to scramble but won't be nearly the running threat in the NFL. He did not play in an overly complicated offensive scheme at the collegiate level and there are some concerns about how long it will take him to adjust to a far more complex system in the NFL. He also has some minor durability issues dating back to shoulder and wrist injuries in 2005.

Overall: Russell arrived at LSU in 2003 and was redshirted. In 2004, he saw action in 11 games (four starts) as a redshirt freshman and threw for 1,053 yards, nine touchdowns, and four interceptions while completing 50.7-percent of his attempts. Russell took over as the fulltime started for the first 12 contests in 2005, dealt with a nagging wrist injury that required offseason surgery, and missed the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl because of a shoulder injury sustained in the SEC Championship game. He finished the year with 2,443 passing yards, 15 touchdowns, and nine interceptions with a 60.5-completion percentage. In 2006, Russell became a unanimous first team All-SEC selection after starting all 13 games and throwing for 3,129 yards, 28 touchdowns, and just eight interceptions, while completing an LSU-record 67.8-percent of his passes. He has also rushed for four touchdowns over the past three seasons. Finished career with a 25-4 record as a starter, including eight fourth-quarter come-from-behind victories.
Russell is a big, smooth, strong-armed quarterback with exceptional overall physical tools. He is still developing as a passer but he made significant strides in regards to his timing, poise, decision-making and accuracy during the second-half of his junior season. It's hard not to draw comparisons between Russell and Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins), although Russell has a stronger arm and seems to be the more flexible and durable athlete. While there's no question his "floor" is lower than Brady Quinn's, Russell has the highest "ceiling" of any quarterback in this class. Russell is a top-five caliber prospect and he could be the first overall selection in the 2007 draft.

MadtownPacker
Damn!!

Will Al Davis want his rookie QB around moss?

Tarlam!
Russel goes. I cannot believe it. Moss stays with the Raiders.

MJZiggy
Russell Hahahaha

Lurker64
Kiper is so full of bullshit it isn't funny. He's got nice hair though.

pacfan
now the real drama, how does Millen fuck the lions this year.

Reggie 92
A 260 pound QB is insane! Maybe we could roll out KGB at QB when #4 retires? :lol:

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Damn, 20 minutes of Kiper and I'm already sick of him.

MadtownPacker
Russel goes. I cannot believe it. Moss stays with the Raiders.Nah, the raiders where shopping moss knowing they would get Russell so I think he still gets traded.

Deputy Nutz
I am glad TT didn't do a think in free agency, this was an even worse class of free agents than last year. The Packers finally have some money and have no one to spend it on. What Luck!

If the Packers take Meachum I am going to be pissed. He is only a Junior, and has only had one good year, gee that sort of sounds like Ferguson to me. Besides I don't trust Tennessee wide outs.

Give me Ted Ginn, or give me a defensive back.

Rastak

I opted for the NFLN....

So, CJ goes here or the Lions trade and CJ goes....

Packnut
04-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Another mistake by Davis. Russell had great WR's surround him with a pretty good O-line. I believe the LSU 2nd team had more talent than the Raiders.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2007, 11:24 AM

He will finally pass on the Wide Receiver when this year he should really take Calvin Johnson. What a dumb ass. Gaines Adams will be the Lions selection. They won't even have the common sense to trade down to get him either.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 11:24 AM

I opted for the NFLN....

So, CJ goes here or the Lions trade and CJ goes....

Who's doing the analysis over at NFLN?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:25 AM

He will finally pass on the Wide Receiver when this year he should really take Calvin Johnson. What a dumb ass. Gaines Adams will be the Lions selection. They won't even have the common sense to trade down to get him either.

I think Thomas would make more sense than Adams.....but either guy would be good for the Kitties.....

MadtownPacker
DET has to make a trade here.

HarveyWallbangers
A local reporter here, Mike Morris, says the Vikings are looking at CB Leon Hall with pick #1. Morris has been right about the last 5 Viking picks. According to his sources (which he basically stated was Redskins DC Gregg Williams), the Redskins will take Landry at #6, and the Vikings will pass on Peterson or Quinn and go corner.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 11:26 AM

I don't know how they pass on Johnson though. I think this is the one time Detroit should take WR.

Rastak
A local reporter here, Mike Morris, says the Vikings are looking at CB Leon Hall with pick #1. Morris has been right about the last 5 Viking picks. According to his sources (which he basically stated was Redskins DC Gregg Williams), the Redskins will take Landry at #6, and the Vikings will pass on Peterson or Quinn and go corner.

BOOOOOOO.....I'm not huge Hall guy.....

AtlPackFan

Only because I don't want them to take Johnson!

BallHawk
Looks like Calvin to the Lions.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Who's doing the analysis over at NFLN?Rich Eisen, Marshall Faulk, Mooch, and some other dude.

Reggie 92
It looks like CJ is going to Detroit. DAMNIT

Rastak
Roy Williams and CJ....ouch..good thing they don't have a QB.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2007, 11:28 AM

I think Thomas would make more sense than Adams.....but either guy would be good for the Kitties.....

Marinelli wants to build his defense, right now Adams is the best defensive player on the board, and the Lions pass rush has been a bit poor over the past three years.

HarveyWallbangers
Who's doing the analysis over at NFLN?Rich Eisen, Marshall Faulk, Mooch, and some other dude.

Is it Jamie Dukes, former OC of the Falcons? He's usually on there, but I haven't been able to watch yet. Following online while the kid is sleeping with her mother.

BallHawk
Roy Williams and CJ....ouch..good thing they don't have a QB.

Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton in the 2nd and who knows?

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 11:29 AM

I don't know how they pass on Johnson though. I think this is the one time Detroit should take WR.Thats why they need to make a trade. They are in prime position to load up on pick with so many teams interested in what is considered the draft only premium player.

Bretsky
I am glad TT didn't do a think in free agency, this was an even worse class of free agents than last year. The Packers finally have some money and have no one to spend it on. What Luck!

If the Packers take Meachum I am going to be pissed. He is only a Junior, and has only had one good year, gee that sort of sounds like Ferguson to me. Besides I don't trust Tennessee wide outs.

Give me Ted Ginn, or give me a defensive back.

Meachem was hurt; that's why he only had one good year

The guy has more talent than Ferguson in his pinky finger

Reggie 92
Come on Cleveland, take Joe!

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Here comes Calvin

Rastak
Calvin to Det....OUCH....that's a bummer.

MadtownPacker
Calvin Johnson, welcome to the team where WRs go to die.

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Calvin to Det....OUCH....that's a bummer.

They'll trade him.

Rastak
Strengths: Possesses exceptional overall physical tools. Is tall, well-built and strong. Displays rare speed and athletic ability for his size. He shows good initial burst and almost never gets caught up at the line of scrimmage. Is a smooth athlete that runs fluid routes. Displays the ability to consistently separate from double-coverage and is the type of receiver that can take over a game. He has big hands and exceptional leaping ability to consistently win the jump-ball. Not afraid to go over the middle and will make plenty of catches in traffic. Does a great job of adjusting to the ball in the air and will make the diving catch. He gets in and out of breaks without needing to gear down. He's a flexible athlete that can spin and twist his way out of traffic. Shows excellent sideline awareness and will make the acrobatic catch. His balance and body control are remarkable, especially for his size.

Weaknesses: Will lose focus at times. Has dropped too many passes trying to get up the field before securing the ball. He will become frustrated on occasion when not involved, which leads to him disappearing from some games. Still can improve his craftiness as a route runner in terms of setting up defenders and using double moves. He has been mostly durable throughout his career but did battle a nagging leg injury early in 2006 season.

Overall: Johnson started from day-one as a true freshman for all 12 of Georgia Tech's games in 2004 and caught 48 passes for 837 yards (17.4 average) and seven touchdowns, earning a unanimous first-team All-ACC selection from the media, and ACC Freshman of the Year honors. Johnson was forced to sit-out the second half of the season finale in the Champs Sports Bowl against Syracuse because of a knee injury. In 2005, he once again started all 12 games, hauling in 54 passes for 888 yards (16.4 average) and six touchdowns and was named first-team All-American by the coaches. In 2006, the ACC Player of the Year and Biletnikoff Award Winner (nation's top receiver) started all 14 games, and caught 76 passes for 1,202 yards (15.8 average) and 15 touchdowns.
The only real knock on Johnson is his inconsistent focus, which occasionally leads to dropped passes and him disappearing in games. In all reality, though, he has been the most physically gifted receiver in college football since his true freshman in 2004. He possesses freakish natural ability, including a rare combination of size, speed and leaping ability. Johnson has been amazingly productive despite a marginal quarterback throwing to him throughout his career, not to mention constant double-and-triple team coverage. He also put up the rare workout measurables to match his production and skill set. Simply put; he possesses the natural ability of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens but without their character baggage. Even though Johnson does not project to be the top overall player taken in the 2007 draft, we believe he is the premier prospect.

pacfan
I'm glad they didn't take Joe Thomas.

Reggie 92
Not good. We'll have to deal with this guy in our division for 10 years.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:33 AM
So, Cleveland takes Quinn?

HarveyWallbangers
Millen made the right move. Williams, Johnson, and Furrey in the slot is going to be tough--especially in the Dome.

packers11
good thing we have two solid corners

8-)

MadtownPacker
Not good. We'll have to deal with this guy in our division for 10 years.People said the same about all the other WRs the lions drafted the last few years.

HarveyWallbangers

They could go Quinn, Thomas, or Peterson. My guess was Quinn.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Browns

THOMAS or QUINN or PETERSON ???????????

BallHawk
Not good. We'll have to deal with this guy in our division for 10 years.People said the same about all the other WRs the lions drafted the last few years.

I'm not sure. Mike Williams was a big time "WTF" Pick.

Bretsky
I think it's Quinn or Thomas

50-50

Wanna win now or later ?

Rastak

They could go Quinn, Thomas, or Peterson. My guess was Quinn.

Mine too....I like Peterson but that injury is too much for the #3 overall.

HarveyWallbangers

Calvin Johnson is the real deal though. A lot of people didn't like Mike Williams after his 40 times. Charles Rogers wasn't in Johnson's class as a prospect.

FritzDontBlitz
calvin johnson goes to the wr graveyard. gotta love it.

:lol:

BallHawk
Browns

THOMAS or QUINN or PETERSON ???????????

Quinn.

Reggie 92
04-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Detroit is asking for BOTH of Tampa's 2nd rounders to trade down two picks. No F'N way do I do that if I'm Tampa.

HarveyWallbangers
calvin johnson goes to the wr graveyard. gotta love it.

:lol:

Johnson will excel anywhere. Roy Williams hasn't exactly been hurt by going to Detroit. Neither has Mike Furrey.

BallHawk
Wow, Quinn's girlfriend is pale.

Fritz
04-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Man, something's wrong in Detroit. Matt Millen made a good pick.

Hmm. Maybe he'll trade CJ away...that'd be a Millen-like move.

FritzDontBlitz

Calvin Johnson is the real deal though. A lot of people didn't like Mike Williams after his 40 times. Charles Rogers wasn't in Johnson's class as a prospect.

can calvin johnson play quarterback?

HarveyWallbangers

You'd think she'd be hot. Is she better than Hawk's wife?

LL2
Is Quinn's gf Paris? :?

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 11:37 AM
#2 overall huh? Ready to have 2 catches for 15 yds??
http://images.packers.com/images/action/harris_al_120.jpg

Rastak

Soon to be fairly rich too if she plays her cards right.

Tarlam!
Not good. We'll have to deal with this guy in our division for 10 years.

True, but we got over Moss a few times, didn't we?

BallHawk
Currently, JSO's draft thread has 3 posts.

How the mighty have fallen.

Fritz

Maybe she's just worried about having to go to Cleveland.

HarveyWallbangers

can calvin johnson play quarterback?

Kitna isn't horrible. I'm not booking them for the playoffs, but I think they made the right move. You can't pass on Calvin Johnson. Trade him and get more picks--if nothing else

ahaha
04-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm worried about seeing the combo of Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson for the next 10 years in our division. Damn, I sure hope the Lions trade him.

BallHawk

Maybe she's just worried about having to go to Cleveland.

:P :P :P

LL2
Currently, JSO's draft thread has 3 posts.

How the mighty have fallen.

LOL