PDA

View Full Version : Self-Nominations for Biggest Draft Geek

swede
04-25-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm not really a good candidate. The family and the house and the yard make pretty big claims on me during a spring weekend.

I can get dispensation to watch games. That makes sense to the other members of the household. But sitting in front of the television for the draft during prime weekend "honeydew" time would earn me a pretty cold reception.

Radio coverage would help, but that local radio coverage homering for the Pack is often pretty spotty. ESPN radio at least covers the draft but it doesn't run down available players like ESPN does. I'll pop in and read posts in here trying to get the straight poop and push our logged in number past 100. This place is sure to be my best hook-up for information on draft day.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you are getting ready to gear up your own warroom with charts, NFL network on your PDA, or maybe you are going on a field trip to the Atrium at Lambeau Field?

Some of us have to live vicariously through the exploits of the real Packer Geeks.

Partial
04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I am a hardcore draft geek. It is by far my favorite part of the football season.

pittstang5
04-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I am a hardcore draft geek. It is by far my favorite part of the football season.

Right there with ya. I've held a draft party at my house for the past three years. Most people that come are "simple" football fans. I call them simple, because they know the basics, but not much else. I believe most of them come for the free food and beer. I, on the other hand, am a football nut. I'll be set up with my draft board and laptop - ready to go this year!

Partial
04-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Right there with ya. I've held a draft party at my house for the past three years. Most people that come are "simple" football fans. I call them simple, because they know the basics, but not much else. I believe most of them come for the free food and beer. I, on the other hand, am a football nut. I'll be set up with my draft board and laptop - ready to go this year!

My big board is posted, and my mock draft will be posted Friday. I want to win that contest and I don't want anyone stealing my picks. :D

ND72
04-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Does doing my first Mock Draft after week 4 last season make me a geek?

I think I can anwer that on my own.

Scott Campbell
04-25-2007, 05:39 PM
I found a poofy novelty wig that makes me look just like Mel Kiper Jr.

Joemailman
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM

You have my vote. :D :cow: :glug:

OS PA
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM

Since you are a ND fan where do you see Rhema McKnight going? I saw one or two of his games last year and he looked like a pretty polished reciever. Any chance of him slipping into the middle rounds?

Is he worth a look? If so what would be the earliest round you'd take him in? He seems to be one of the guys who sat a little under the radar all season, but still produced. Is there anything incredibly wrong with the guy?

ND72
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Since you are a ND fan where do you see Rhema McKnight going? I saw one or two of his games last year and he looked like a pretty polished reciever. Any chance of him slipping into the middle rounds?

Is he worth a look? If so what would be the earliest round you'd take him in? He seems to be one of the guys who sat a little under the radar all season, but still produced. Is there anything incredibly wrong with the guy?

Before he injured his knee in 2005, I thought he was a sure fire late 1st to early 3rd round guy for sure. Now, he seems a bit gun shy, and a step slower. I think he's a 3rd round guy at the earliest, but I wouldn't expect him to slip past the 4th round. Again, before the injury, he seemed really sure handed....now, he doesn't seem as confident as he once was. If he can get that confidence back, I think he could be very good. But he could be a bit of a risk.

I like him personally. But he's kind of a tweener...a bit slow to extend the defense, and a bit small to go over the middle. if he's in the right offense, a west coast, slants and outs, type offense...he could be very good I think.

OS PA
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM

Before he injured his knee in 2005, I thought he was a sure fire late 1st to early 3rd round guy for sure. Now, he seems a bit gun shy, and a step slower. I think he's a 3rd round guy at the earliest, but I wouldn't expect him to slip past the 4th round. Again, before the injury, he seemed really sure handed....now, he doesn't seem as confident as he once was. If he can get that confidence back, I think he could be very good. But he could be a bit of a risk.

I like him personally. But he's kind of a tweener...a bit slow to extend the defense, and a bit small to go over the middle. if he's in the right offense, a west coast, slants and outs, type offense...he could be very good I think.

Where did his 15 Touchdowns come from last year? Were they due to his ability to get open in the redzone or did he take them in from distance? Also was he only a decent reciever due to Samardzija?