PDA

View Full Version : Just putting it out there... (I live in NE) papers like RB..

packers11
04-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Today I was reading the main paper here in Rhode Island (it was in school)... So of course I looked at the draft section in sports... I guess in New England there is a big hype over Michael bush and how he could be the biggest steal...

They were saying how using a 3rd rounder on him (he would still be there), would help the hole Corey Dillon left...

They were also saying if he did not get injured that he would be right up in the race with PETERSON, and that he would be the #2 RB instead of Lynch...

Whats your thoughts on this guy???

Fritz
04-25-2007, 03:06 PM
It's a crapshoot. If he heals and stays healthy, then he could be the Next Big Thing. But if that leg is weak and he re-injures it, you're out a third round pick.

Reminds me of when Wolf was thinking of drafting Antuan Edwards. Apparently he ran around like a madman to his medical team, looking for some consensus on Edwards's foot problems. They apparenty reassured Wolf, who drafted Edwards, who sucked.

Same with Arkansas receiver Anthony Lucas, who suffered from hammertoes but was drafted by Shermy after the medical staff said it could either be corrected or would not interfere with the guy's ability to play in the NFL. The guy never made it out of training camp.

It depends on whether the guy can recover and stay healthy. You can talk to the docs, but you've just got to guesss at it in the end. He might be worth a flyer in the third if your medical staff clears him and you are willing to risk the pick.

hurleyfan
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
It's a crapshoot. If he heals and stays healthy, then he could be the Next Big Thing. But if that leg is weak and he re-injures it, you're out a third round pick.

Reminds me of when Wolf was thinking of drafting Antuan Edwards. Apparently he ran around like a madman to his medical team, looking for some consensus on Edwards's foot problems. They apparenty reassured Wolf, who drafted Edwards, who sucked.

Same with Arkansas receiver Anthony Lucas, who suffered from hammertoes but was drafted by Shermy after the medical staff said it could either be corrected or would not interfere with the guy's ability to play in the NFL. The guy never made it out of training camp.

It depends on whether the guy can recover and stay healthy. You can talk to the docs, but you've just got to guesss at it in the end. He might be worth a flyer in the third if your medical staff clears him and you are willing to risk the pick.

I agree Fritz,

any player with a "known" injury is a crapshoot, but do you use a real high pick (Edwards a first rounder) on a guy you know was hurt?!?!

Fritz
04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
That's why, if Bush is sitting there in the third round, he might be worth a shot.