PDA

View Full Version : Kampman

packer4life
04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
this was posted two days ago, but don't remember reading this on the forum so i thought i would share:

The List: Top 5 pass-rushing defensive linemen
Theismann
By Joe Theismann
ESPN.com
Archive

When great pass rushers are going well, they can wreak havoc on any offense and take even the best quarterbacks out of their comfort zone. Here are my top five pass-rushing defensive linemen.

1. Julius Peppers, Carolina Panthers: There is going to be a lot of speed on this list, but no one on it has the combination of speed, size and ferocity that Peppers has in his arsenal. It's fun watching him manhandle offensive linemen and destroy quarterbacks.

2. Jason Taylor, Miami Dolphins: He might be the best all-around defensive lineman in the game and definitely the most versatile. It's going to be fun watching him with Joey Porter and Zach Thomas as threats also this season.

3. Jevon Kearse, Philadelphia Eagles: There was a time when "The Freak" easily would have been the No. 1 pick for this list, but injuries have slowed him down a little bit. He's still one of the premier rushers in all of football, though, and hopefully he'll play a full 16-game season to prove to the naysayers that he's back.

4. Aaron Kampman, Green Bay Packers: He's one of the most underrated pass rushers in the league. He relies not only on speed and athleticism, but also his guile to get to the quarterback.

5. Will Smith, New Orleans Saints: He can stop the run very well, but his greatest asset to the Saints is his ability to rush the passer. He can get around the edge with a bull rush or a quick inside move. Tackles hate seeing him on the other side.

Not too shabby kampman, not too shabby. Definitely think he is a good player, but would not have thought he was this much of a force (at least not yet)...thoughts?

oregonpackfan
04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Interesting placement by Theisman. I don't consider Theisman as much a student of the game as Ron Jaworski but I do thing he has some good insights.

Kampman is certainly the anchor of the Packers DL, IMO.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Maybe he gets a tingle in his previously broken leg when he senses a good pass rusher? :P

retailguy
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Maybe he gets a tingle in his previously broken leg when he senses a good pass rusher? :P

must be, because he has no brain.

Zool
04-26-2007, 07:59 AM
So no Freeney? No Strahan? I dont respect this guy's opinion any farther than I can throw his broken leg.

Partial
04-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe in terms of the total package those guys are the best:

My list for pure pass rusher would be this:

1. Dwight Freeney and his freakish speed
2. Shawne Merriman
3. Peppers is another freak of nature
4. Freak Kearse and his freakish speed and long arms
5. Jason Taylor

Overall DE ratings:
1. Peppers
2. Taylor
3. Strahan
4. Kampman
5. Seymore

MadtownPacker
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
No love for KGB? :P

I wouldn't include kearse on any list unless it is one that is for DEs heading downhill.

Strahan was also not himself last season and might be seeing the end of the tunnel.