They've offered. He's refused.

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 10:45 AM

Sources, Zig? Numberinos??

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 10:46 AM

What a jerk!!! What is so damn wrong about Green Bay?

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Oh, you didn't know?

They still have to pack meat into those smart l'il W'Mart trays as part of their job description. None of the players actually do it, but, TT has the right to insist...

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Oh, you didn't know?

They still have to pack meat into those smart l'il W'Mart trays as part of their job description. None of the players actually do it, but, TT has the right to insist...

Builds work ethic. :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Builds work ethic. :mrgreen:

Actually, the object to they PVC packaging - they're all members of Green Peace and it completely screws their moral well-being!

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Trade talk is accelerating as teams prepare to set their rosters prior to their draft and enter Saturday knowing exactly what they need. Very key to the first round is the status of Green Bay WR Javon Walker, who team sources say has turned down offers for a contract extension and is so disgruntled with the situation that he is demanding to be traded.

This is from Motife's thread PFW Trade Rumors at the bottom of page 1 of the forum.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I haven't heard of any offers to Walker. Last I heard, we were shopping Franks. Why, I have no idea. Pick up Davis at #5 and we have the best TE tandem in the NFL. The Packer's best offensive years were with TWO good TE's on the field (Keith Jackson & Mark Chumura). Green Bay will not trade Walker for anything less then a high 2nd and a good WR. If that doesn't happen and Walker holds true to his retirement talk, he has played his last down in the NFL. He doesn't have T.O. numbers to support his arguments.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
What could we possibly be shopping Franks for. Where'd you hear that? Oh, and welcome to the board. Always nice to have new members jumping in.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I haven't heard of any offers to Walker. Last I heard, we were shopping Franks. Why, I have no idea. Pick up Davis at #5 and we have the best TE tandem in the NFL. The Packer's best offensive years were with TWO good TE's on the field (Keith Jackson & Mark Chumura). Green Bay will not trade Walker for anything less then a high 2nd and a good WR. If that doesn't happen and Walker holds true to his retirement talk, he has played his last down in the NFL. He doesn't have T.O. numbers to support his arguments.

Word on the street is the packers are looking very strongly at Davis for #5.

ND72
04-28-2006, 12:29 PM
i heard on WTMJ 620 am yesterday that Thompson offered him a 6 year 50 million dollar contract on tuesday, and he said no, which is why they formally allowed him to seek a trade.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 12:34 PM
i heard on WTMJ 620 am yesterday that Thompson offered him a 6 year 50 million dollar contract on tuesday, and he said no, which is why they formally allowed him to seek a trade.

Wow, if that is true the Partial is dead wrong.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 12:37 PM
That is a huge contract. If Walker declined he is a bigger idiot than we think.

Just like McKenzie he is going to get short changed because of his attitude.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I think we should take Davis. I don't think we should shop Franks though. He signed a big deal last year and the thought of both of them on the field creates an interesting dilema for defenses. You come out in two TE, two WR with Green/Davenport/Gado, that creates a lot of possibilites. I could also see Henderson lined up as a 3rd TE in that set with one WR. With Driver and hopefully Walker at WR (If not I think Gardner will work out), you have to figure out who to cover with that many weapons thrown at you. :mrgreen:

As far as Walker, he will wake up or we will get a viable replacement. It's the NFL and there are a lot of receivers waiting their turn to shine. Walker had 1 good year and has a lot of potential and will command double teams when on the field. When he doesn't put up the numbers, he will be the #2 receiver. He had a lot of time in GB to proove himself and has proven he can whine more then anything.

ND72
04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah the WTMJ guys in the morning said they "heard" from "the big show" who i personally don't like, but he has been in green bay all week, and heard that was the final offer ted made to Javon before allowing trade options to open.

I read also on si.com that TT is DEMANDING a 1st round pick, and it's scarring teams away.

ND72
04-28-2006, 12:40 PM
and I'm still standing strong with my AJ Hawk prediction even though my feeling is it won't happen, and i'll be officially pissed off. the 1st player i've ever truly wanted the packers to get, and TT will piss on my parade.

Partial
04-28-2006, 01:00 PM
There is no way he turned that down. That did not happen unless it was all money he'd never see.

If he denied that and they don't get a first, then I would hang onto him and franchise him.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I agree with that! Let him rot, he is onlu hurting himself...

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
May the splinters in his heinie fester and rot, become infected and (good God, I sound like Skinbasket).

Merlin
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the image.....BLEHK!

swede
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Once again, I must tell you that I really feel sad about this. Javon Walker came back to play last year, probably against the advice of Rosensquish, and got badly hurt doing what he does best--catching the the field-stretching long ball.

Javon could have been one of the most well-liked players ever. And with patience, he could have been one of the best paid also.

Sad.

swede
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm better now.

Chester Marcol
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I Hope TT doesn't take the best offer for J-Dough, but the best offer from the team that has the best chance to suck for the next 5 years. That would be better than any bench sitting. Come on. Was I the only one that didn't feel sorry for McKenzie being on such a shitty displaced team? Why not let them add J Dough.

Chester Marcol
04-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Javon Walker came back to play last year, probably against the advice of Rosensquish

I thought the reason he dumped Rosenyadayada was because he was the one that recomended he end his hold out and return to the Pack.