PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE STILL CERTAIN MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
PFT.com

FAVRE STILL CERTAIN MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

In the process of tracking down rumors regarding whether the Raiders will trade receiver Randy Moss to the Packers (or anyone else) before or during the draft, we've re-confirmed that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "certain" that Moss will be a member of the team in 2007.

This doesn't mean that Moss will be traded to Green Bay on Thursday or Friday, or that the trade will come during the first day of the draft.

It also doesn't mean that Moss ever will be a Packer. It only means that Favre was -- and still is -- "certain" that Moss will join the team.

It could be that Favre, through his agent Bus Cook, is privy to Randy's plan to refuse any and all overtures aimed at reducing his $9.75 million salary for 2007. The Raiders surely can't keep him around at that number, which means that at worst he'd be cut in August -- and then would be free to sign with the Packers.

If, of course, Moss is cut, the next question becomes whether he'd choose the Packers over any other team. But the fact that Favre is certain of the eventual arrival suggests to us that Brett has been talking to Randy, and that Randy is every bit as excited about playing for the Packers in 2007 as he was about playing for the Raiders in 2005.

BlueBrewer
04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I also read on a PFW forum that some guys buddy heard on the radio that Larry Johnson is in Green Bay getting checked out by the Packers, for what it is worth.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Speaking of rumors, I heard that since Rosie O-Donnell has left The View, the Packers are negotiating to hire her as a public relations consultant! :)

packinpatland
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Speaking of rumors, I heard that since Rosie O-Donnell has left The View, the Packers are negotiating to hire her as a public relations consultant! :)

Or a linebacker.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I think she could be the NT the D has been missing since Grady left.

Partial
04-26-2007, 11:14 AM
This is a load of poppycock. Cook is spreading a bunch of BS rumors because he'll get his 3% of Calvin's signing bonus if he goes #1, 3% of Moss' restructured deal, and possibly get one of his bigger clients in brett to play a few more years, thus increasing the $$$ in his pocket.

packinpatland
04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
This is a load of poppycock. Cook is spreading a bunch of BS rumors because he'll get his 3% of Calvin's signing bonus if he goes #1, 3% of Moss' restructured deal, and possibly get one of his bigger clients in brett to play a few more years, thus increasing the $$$ in his pocket.

I don't know, everything I've ever read about Bus Cook, doesn't lead me to believe he'd stoop to that level............the D. Rosenhous level that is.

retailguy
04-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't know, everything I've ever read about Bus Cook, doesn't lead me to believe he'd stoop to that level............the D. Rosenhous level that is.

Agree, Bus Cook wouldn't do that. Nothing he's ever done backs this up.

Bus must believe it, OR the rumors are coming from somewhere else (more likely)

woodbuck27
04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Any news that is even half way positive is good news these days. :)

I still believe it will not happen.

The AGENDA in Green Bay precludes any such deal as bringing in an expensive vet. player, no matter what the upside is. The real threat is 'in fact ' just that.

The upside. That doesn't fit the AGENDA.

Next order of business will be the draft and little help for the Packers offensively in 2007; followed by preparing just what TT will allow us to have to slug out the season.

It certainly appears to me. That it's all aimed at a better draft pick for next season and discouraging and retiring Brett Favre.

It's in your face managing by Ted Thompson and it really piss's me off. Brett Favre and the few remaining Packer vet's deserve alot more.

Partial
04-26-2007, 03:03 PM

You of all people should know better than to trust this sort of banter. Come on RG, you know these guys are all about the $$$. I find it very difficult to believe that Bus is Calvin's, Moss' and Favre's agent and is staying out of the behind the scene rumors.

woodbuck27
04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Any news that is even half way positive is good news these days. :)

I still believe it will not happen.

The AGENDA in Green Bay precludes any such deal as bringing in an expensive vet. player, no matter what the upside is. The real threat is 'in fact ' just that.

The upside. That doesn't fit the AGENDA.

Next order of business will be the draft and little help for the Packers offensively in 2007; followed by preparing just what TT will allow us to have to slug out the season.

It certainly appears to me. That it's all aimed at a better draft pick for next season and discouraging and retiring Brett Favre.

It's in your face managing by Ted Thompson and it really piss's me off. Brett Favre and the few remaining Packer vet's deserve alot more.

I would be the happiest Packer fan to admit I'm wrong, if only suddenly Ted Thompson changes, and does more for OUR 2007 season.

OS PA
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I'll be excited when I see "Green Bay is on the clock on the clock with the 16th pick" switch to "Dallas is on the clock with the 16th pick" and i'll be even more excited to see "Green Bay is on the clock with the 47th pick" switch to "Oakland is now on the clock with the 47th pick" followed by "Green Bay is now on the clock with the 53rd pick"

Should make for a very very nice draft day experience!

Marshawn Lynch - 22nd Pick
Randy Moss for the 47th Pick
Best Player Available - 53rd pick

anybody?

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Moss for a 3rd, nothing higher.

retailguy
04-26-2007, 06:05 PM

You of all people should know better than to trust this sort of banter. Come on RG, you know these guys are all about the $$$. I find it very difficult to believe that Bus is Calvin's, Moss' and Favre's agent and is staying out of the behind the scene rumors.

Look, there is NOTHING in Bus Cook's past to suggest he is a rumor monger. Could he be? Of course. But the past does not dictate that. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I do think there has either been something that causes Bus to believe it to be true and ok to talk about, or that the rumors did not originate from him. I think the second choice is more likely, because I think Al Davis and Ted Thompson were telling the truth and that NO TRADE for Moss is even on the radar. But, we'll see, won't we?

MadtownPacker
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Partial's line of thinking aint too crazy, for once. Cook definitely has alot to gain and getting all this done would just solidify him as a great agent instead of a attention hungry whore like rosenpuke.

packinpatland
04-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Partial's line of thinking aint too crazy, for once. Cook definitely has alot to gain and getting all this done would just solidify him as a great agent instead of a attention hungry whore like rosenpuke.

I just don't buy it. Cook just doesn't work that way.

Rastak
04-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Sure he does, he's an agent...it's what they do.

Partial
04-26-2007, 08:06 PM

So you think all those silly off-season "is he retiring? is he coming back?" stories and gossip were leaked by favre himself? Cook is all about the spotlight and the benjamins. Everyone in that business is. Otherwise they wouldn't be in it.

packinpatland
04-26-2007, 09:04 PM

So you think all those silly off-season "is he retiring? is he coming back?" stories and gossip were leaked by favre himself? Cook is all about the spotlight and the benjamins. Everyone in that business is. Otherwise they wouldn't be in it.

Where are you getting this stuff???

retailguy
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM

Where are you getting this stuff???

He's making it up as he goes.... :wink:

Brando19
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
From PFT:
There's talk in league circles that the Green Bay Packers have made an offer of a fourth-round draft pick to the Raiders for receiver Randy Moss.

The information doesn't come from the Packers or the Raiders, so there's a chance that it's not entirely accurate. With that said, it originates with a team that has a keen interest in the question of whether receiver Calvin Johnson will be on the board after the Raiders use their first pick.

And the obvious conclusion is that a trade of Moss means that the Raiders will increase the likelihood that the No. 1 overall pick will be receiver Calvin Johnson.

This, in turn, could cause teams who are talking to the Lions about Johnson to shift their attention to the Raiders, since it might take a trade up to No. 1 to get Calvin.