PDA

View Full Version : KGB Potential

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 10:43 AM
I just took 5 mins to watch the KGB interview on Packers.com and I like the guy. The guy is what I want a Packer player to sound like.

Since this forum's members made me into the football guru that I have become, why have you all neglected my KGB education?

Why should KGB get traded again?
What does he need to improve?
What's the diff. between his play and Kampy's??

How could you people leave me so blind on one of our highest payed individual players.....?

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 10:47 AM
He is terrible against the run. He plays way too wide to be good on run support.

CyclonePackFan
04-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Kampman is blue-collar, good at everything, not great at anything. KGB is a pass-rusher, always has been, always will be. As billy said, KGB has some issues stopping the run. He likes to rush hard upfield and is therefore succeptible to draw plays, etc. I think if he was relegated back to being a 3rd down pass rusher, he could be as effective as he was the year before he raked in his huge contract.

swede
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, and a one trick pony pass-rusher at that. He tries to get that left arm up and behind the tackle and then he kind of bicycles around with his body tilted about 50 degrees over.

It's like a relief pitcher with one pitch. You might go around the order once, but the second time major league hitters see you they'll make you pay. Tackles cheat him outside a little bit because he is such a minor threat to beat you on the inside with strength.

He is Tarlam, as you suggest, one of the world's good guys.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Ideally you would like KGB to play about 50 - 65% of the snaps. I hope Montgomery turns into a decent player and sees a little more time. KGB and Kamp both played way too many snaps last year.

Tony Oday
04-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I like KGB plays wide but so does Kearse difference is that KGB doesnt have a LB to make the tackles after he pushes it towards the middle.