PDA

View Full Version : Turner signs

Brando19
04-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports restricted free-agent RB Michael Turner has signed his one-year, $2.35 million tender offer from the San Diego Chargers.

ND72
04-26-2007, 06:36 PM
NFL rules state that all players traded must be under a contract to be traded....so the feeling is, they signed this contract, so they can trade him.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Yup and the fact it is only for 1 year smells like a trade to me.

b bulldog
04-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Agree

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 4:30 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

CHARGERS ARE READY TO MOVE TURNER

ESPN reports, by way of the Tennessean, that the Chargers are prepared to trade running back Michael Turner.

Turner signed his restricted free agent tender as a precursor, we surmised, to a trade. By league rule, Turner must be under contract before he can be traded. And he can't be under contract until he signs his tender.

Turner's agent, Bus Cook, told the Tennessean that he wasn't aware of any impending trade. Possible destinations are Green Bay, Tennessee, and the Bills.

We heard several weeks ago that Turner could be had for a second-round pick in 2007 and a second-rounder or third-rounder in 2008.

digitaldean
04-27-2007, 04:09 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 4:30 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

CHARGERS ARE READY TO MOVE TURNER

ESPN reports, by way of the Tennessean, that the Chargers are prepared to trade running back Michael Turner.

Turner signed his restricted free agent tender as a precursor, we surmised, to a trade. By league rule, Turner must be under contract before he can be traded. And he can't be under contract until he signs his tender.

Turner's agent, Bus Cook, told the Tennessean that he wasn't aware of any impending trade. Possible destinations are Green Bay, Tennessee, and the Bills.

We heard several weeks ago that Turner could be had for a second-round pick in 2007 and a second-rounder or third-rounder in 2008.

If the LJ trade talk is truly a load of bs, then Turner would be good. A 2nd rounder this year and a second next would be good.

The Pack could then focus on other glaring needs.

But considering how TT guards draft picks like gold from Fort Knox, I doubt it will happen.

KYPack
04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
The prices I've heard for this guy are sky high.

Turners' a good hand & all, but he ain't worth all these high picks.

I hope we don't give away the store to get the "burner".

He OK, but he is a situational back. Those prices are for 3 down guys.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2007, 04:22 PM
San Diego has said they'd like a 1st and 3rd for Turner, but admitted that they'll likely have to come down from that asking price. Seems to me that once the draft rolls around that he can be had for a 1st--which means there wouldn't be "all of these high picks." Personally, I'd rather have Turner with our 1st than Lynch.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
San Diego has said they'd like a 1st and 3rd for Turner, but admitted that they'll likely have to come down from that asking price. Seems to me that once the draft rolls around that he can be had for a 1st--which means there wouldn't be "all of these high picks." Personally, I'd rather have Turner with our 1st than Lynch.

I think most people would, as well.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 04:46 PM

I think most people would, as well.

Yes.

It's safer to go with Turner.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=4/27/2007&id=22678

FRIDAY, April 27, 2007, 4:32 p.m.

By Tom Silverstein

Who's making a play for Turner?

If an ESPN report is accurate, there is an NFL team out there who is offering a 2008 first-round draft choice to the San Diego Chargers for promising backup running back Michael Turner.

Is it the Green Bay Packers?

It doesn't appear so.

A source with knowledge of the Turner sweepstakes said the Packers weren't the team making the offer. The way general manager Ted Thompson covets draft choices it would seem out of character for him to give up a future first-round pick, especially when he doesn't know where in the round it would be.

Turner's agent, James (Bus) Cook, said Friday that he was unaware of any deal involving Turner.

Cook, who also represents Packers quarterback Brett Favre as well as Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson, has not been given permission to work on a long-term deal with another team.

The team that trades for Turner would probably want to negotiate a new deal with the running back. He is in the final year of his contract and will become an unrestricted free agent next year.

The Packers are in need of a running back and could be quietly making a play for Turner.

But so far there is no evidence they're involved. The Packers were also mentioned in a rumored trade for Kansas City running back Larry Johnson, but that turned out to be false.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Buffalo Bills Updated:04/26/2007

While there is some thought that the Titans are the team most interested in running back Michael Turner, according to the Houston Chronicle, the Bills will be the ones who end up with Turner if they are unable to make a move on Adrian Peterson by trading up.

Buffalo might send at least their second rounder this year (#43) along with an additional pick to the Chargers for Turner.

Comment woodbuck27:

If the Bills do get Turner then our pick at #16 could realistically be RB Marshawn Lynch. The pressure would certainly be on Ted Thompson to make just that move.

KYPack
04-27-2007, 08:26 PM

I'd disagree, Harve.

I don't think Turner is worth a 1.

Is Lynch worth a 1? I got my doubts there, too. If Turner is such a big thing, why is SD itchin' to get rid of him?