PDA

View Full Version : BSJ Reports: New Packers trade rumor !!!!

CaptainKickass
04-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Official Press release
April 26th, 2007
8:00pm PST

Reprinted with permission from the "BSJ"

Richard Cranium, who has been a long time contributor to the infamous "Packerrats.com" web forum for many years prior to landing a full time column writing gig with the BSJ, has often shocked and offended with his usual claims of unreliable or even unnamed and or at least unreputable sources from other boards around the world wide web. His quotes and rumors cannot be verified or unverified to this day because of his crafty use of the english language combined with the fine art of doublespeak.

His latest rumor claims that in one of the most complex trade scenarios ever to evolve in the NFL, that the Green Bay Packers are poised to trade all except their last 3 draft picks this year and a couple from next year's draft, in conjunction with swapping for a few picks with 3 different teams, that the following will happen:

"Larry Johnson, Randy Moss and Michael Turner will all be wearing Green and Gold before the draft begins" . . . "Quote me on that."

When questioned about the rumor he simply responded with:

"Well - all rumors are based on quotes and speculation. So have I ever quoted and speculated? I certainly have, and I must emphasise here that the validity of rumors is frequently biased based on the readers definition of their opinion of the rumor, the quote and the speculation. This gets combined and even fused with their own personal desires, and so therefore if the rumor is something hat they would like to see and becomes true, then it's usually the readers fault for "wanting" it so much that it actually happened."

He went on to say:

"Conversely - if the reader doesn't want it enough and then it doesn't come true then logically you can certainly make the deduction or lack of deduction, that the lack of the rumor becoming true or not true is also ultimately the readers own fault or faults. That's what real journalism is all about. That's what I am...I am a journalist"

EDIT:
The editors at the Bogus Sports Journal could not be immediately reached for comment.

Brando19
04-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Ridiculous....awesome....but ridiculous.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
How could the Packers possibly stay under the salary cap with those 3 additions?

That rumor is pure, unadulterated, crap!

ND72
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
and obviously we aren't drafting anyone this year.

ND72
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Reprinted with permission from the "BSJ"

and what does BSJ stand for? Back Stage Jokes?

MJZiggy
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I love it. The Bogus Sports Journal is one of my favorite sources...

pbmax
04-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I love it. The Bogus Sports Journal is one of my favorite sources...

But watch out for that subscription price, their BS is not guaranteed.

And isn't this where Havel is writing now? :D

OS PA
04-27-2007, 01:53 AM
What would this look like?

Packers 1st -> New England 1st, 1st

Packers (1st) 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st next year -> Larry Johnson, 4th next year
Packers (2nd) 1st, 2nd & 3rd next year -> Michael Turner
Packers 2nd, 5th, 6th -> Randy Moss

Leaving us with 3 7th's this year and a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and conditionals next year.

I'd make this deal any day of the week... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

packerbacker1234
04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
One: Larry Johnson and Michael Turner will not both be packers.

Two: Larry and Randy could happen, however that would mean almsot no draft picks just in that trade and TT values draft picks a bit more then just 2 players.

Inr eality, if a trade for a player is going to happen, we'll get one and thats it. No way they trade away almost all of there picks for a few players.

I exspect one of the three in Green and Gold next year, not all three. Can't afford it. In fact, no team can.

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
The post that said he's joking didn't make the transfer. He's joking.

BooHoo
04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I think it is all true because I read it on the internet! :lol: :lol:

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Packer fans speculations border on insanity. :)

It's all blamed on a lack of Packer GM's moves in the off season.

CaptainKickass
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I had a premonition while writing this thread that someone would eventually type a formula of how that trade was actually possible.

You guys are my undisputed heroes of overanalyzation of all things Packer.

Thanks Rats!