PDA

View Full Version : New MOSS TRADE RUMOR...

packers11
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Had to start a new 1... :)

POSTED 11:05 p.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

PACKERS MAKE AN OFFER FOR MOSS?

There's talk in league circles that the Green Bay Packers have made an offer of a fourth-round draft pick to the Raiders for receiver Randy Moss.

The information doesn't come from the Packers or the Raiders, so there's a chance that it's not entirely accurate. With that said, it originates with a team that has a keen interest in the question of whether receiver Calvin Johnson will be on the board after the Raiders use their first pick.

And the obvious conclusion is that a trade of Moss means that the Raiders will increase the likelihood that the No. 1 overall pick will be receiver Calvin Johnson.

This, in turn, could cause teams who are talking to the Lions about Johnson to shift their attention to the Raiders, since it might take a trade up to No. 1 to get Calvin.

packers11
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
If it goes for a fourth round... Ladies and Gentleman, the RAIDER fans will freak out, AND I WILL BE ONE HAPPY PERSON!!!!!!!

but i doubt a fourth round will please Al davis...

J-Rok
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
How about a 3 and a 1/2 round pick?

pbmax
04-26-2007, 10:56 PM
A fourth rounder and a Teddy front loaded special, I could live with that.

Until its goes south, in which case you can forget you read this and I go back to disliking the move :lol:

MTPackerfan
04-26-2007, 11:12 PM
How about a fourth rounder and a six pack

Fritz
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm with PB on this. I like it - for a fourth rounder - unless it doesn't work.

But I do wonder if TT and MM would see Moss as simply blocking the development of a young guy - on they might draft to be a #3 this year?

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
But Fritz, you can't think that way. If you have someone better than the one you wanna develop, you put him behind the #3 and use him sparingly in games and let him fight it out in camp to improve enough to overtake the vet.

You always go with the best guy you can get for the team.

retailguy
04-27-2007, 09:48 AM
But Fritz, you can't think that way. If you have someone better than the one you wanna develop, you put him behind the #3 and use him sparingly in games and let him fight it out in camp to improve enough to overtake the vet.

You always go with the best guy you can get for the team.

As long as YOU DRAFT HIM. He cannot be a free agent, because THEN you'll have overpaid him. :wink:

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I knew you were gonna say that. But this conversation isn't about a draft choice, it's about trading for a vet...evidently it must be a vet that TT thinks can help the team more than the 4th round pick he's offered.

retailguy
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I knew you were gonna say that. But this conversation isn't about a draft choice, it's about trading for a vet...evidently it must be a vet that TT thinks can help the team more than the 4th round pick he's offered.

Who confirmed he offered it? It's just more speculation, that's all. Randy Moss is not coming to Green Bay, unless, he gets waived, which Al Davis will never do.

There, you should be pleased. I just stated without reservation he's not coming, which means on Monday, there will be a big press conference during which the old boy can moon us again. :roll:

BooHoo
04-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I was laying in bed last night and heard some noise from the bathroom. I went to investigate when my toilet spoke to me and said the pack were going to trade for Randy Moss on draft day. So I guess it is true!

Zool
04-27-2007, 11:46 AM
That was me in the basement BooHoo.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
http://forums.contracostatimes.com/n/mb/message.asp?msg=6452&nav=messages&webtag=cc-ccsports&

POSTED 12:30 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

RAIDERS ARE OFFERING MOSS FOR A TWO

A league source tells us that the Oakland Raiders are shopping receiver Randy Moss for a second-round pick in the 2007 draft.

The source believes that Moss can be had for less than that amount.

The problem is that any team that trades Moss will have to pay him a base salary of $9.75 million in 2007, or otherwise work out a new deal.

Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason.

We've consistently heard that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team. Last night, we heard that Green Bay recently has offered a fourth-round pick.

So if the Raiders want a two and the Packers have offered a four, this thing likely could get done for a third-rounder.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I tend to believe that this deal may get done.

The real holdup will be just how much Ted Thompson value's Randy Moss in regards to his plans.

If I was Al Davis I'd take that third and run smiling. It's inevitable that he must get relief for his salary cap.

There is absolutely no reason that Al Davis should be expected to hold onto a disgruntled player and it certainly appears that Randy Moss would approve of a trade to play with Brett Favre.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Some reactions of Raider fans to this latest rumor follow:

TRIKEE,

Grab a 3rd round pick and run before GB can change their minds! I simply cannot trust Moss anymore. He's like my ex-wife. No matter how good they look on the outside, the simple fact is that they're rotten inside.

RfH

To: TRIKEE (4 of 13)

I have said all along that if we can get a 3rd rounder for Moss - just make the deal and move on. He is useless to our team - we can get a good player in the 3rd round - plus we have to have that salary cap relief soon anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Tex

To: DJB715 (5 of 13)

same here, although i thought with a little coniving, there would be a chance to get a 2nd rounder

To: TRIKEE (6 of 13)

Just get rid of the guy. I can't see anyone giving up a 2nd rounder. If we draft Calvin Johnson before we trade Moss, his trade value will go down by at least a round. Get rid of him before we announce our #1 selection.

What is the old saying? A rolling Moss has no stones? or something like that.

To: stanfordfan unread (7 of 13)

i agree. i think stategically, if we announced moving him today, it would keep teams guessing on if we'd get a QB or WR #1

To: stanfordfan unread (8 of 13)

stanfordfan,

"What is the old saying? A rolling Moss has no stones? or something like that."

I think in this case it should be: "A stoned Moss refuses to roll."

RfH

To: TRIKEE (9 of 13)

Well - a 2nd rounder would be great - but there is not that much demand for a " WASHED UP MALCONTENT"!!!

If we can get another 3rd rounder - then we should have 3 3rd round picks. Plus we have 2 5th round picks. Maybe we can package those and move up and get another 2nd round pick???

Tex

To: MTraider (10 of 13)

Sounds like we are making room for Johnson by loosing Moss for less than what Al wanted plus we free up all that cap space by releasing Leo Bookman.