PDA

View Full Version : Draft day plans?

Cheesehead Craig
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
This may have been discussed already so sorry if this is a duplicate thread.

I have to miss the entire draft due to driving to northern MN for my sister-in-law's wedding (4.5 hr drive) and I will not be able to listen to the radio as my wife and kids won't have any of that on the radio. I may be able to tune in for the Packers pick (if there's a station that will have it). Seems like I'll have a lot of catching up to do Sunday night/Monday morning. :cry:

wist43
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM

I have to miss the entire draft due to driving to northern MN for my sister-in-law's wedding (4.5 hr drive) and I will not be able to listen to the radio as my wife and kids won't have any of that on the radio. I may be able to tune in for the Packers pick (if there's a station that will have it). Seems like I'll have a lot of catching up to do Sunday night/Monday morning. :cry:

Grow some nads would ya... if I'm traveling during the draft - I'm listening to the draft. The wife can shut her flapping trap!!!

As for me, I have to miss it too... job orientation in the morning, and work in the afternoon. I'll have a chance to check in a couple of times, but for the most part, I'm going to miss the 1st day - I'll tape it though.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Spending my whole time at the computer by the TV. Dad's in Virginia, Mom and Brother don't care. My only forms of social activity will be you guys and the pizza man.

Zool
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM

Grow some nads would ya... if I'm traveling during the draft - I'm listening to the draft. The wife can shut her flapping trap!!!

As for me, I have to miss it too... job orientation in the morning, and work in the afternoon. I'll have a chance to check in a couple of times, but for the most part, I'm going to miss the 1st day - I'll tape it though.Ha...nothing better than a 4+ hour angry car ride with the family.

OS PA
04-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm throwing a draft party with a couple guys from my dorm. Should be fun, but I bet they don't even make it through the first round.

Partial
04-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm going to have sex around 8am, then drive to work for the day.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Is her name Rosie?

Partial
04-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Is her name Rosie?

Anna 8-)

LaFours
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I'll be recovering.

Zool
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll be recovering.

Now son of Ja'Rel kneel before Zod!

Cheesehead Craig
04-27-2007, 03:11 PM

As for me, I have to miss it too... job orientation in the morning, and work in the afternoon. I'll have a chance to check in a couple of times, but for the most part, I'm going to miss the 1st day - I'll tape it though.
The wife will not complain 1 iota about Packer games during the season and will actually go out of her way to accomodate me. She simply has no tolerance for the draft and I have to pick my battles. Besides, in MN it's all going to be analysis about the Vikes pick so maybe not having to listen would be a good thing.

ecwiscott
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Spending my whole time at the computer by the TV. Dad's in Virginia, Mom and Brother don't care. My only forms of social activity will be you guys and the pizza man.

Same here.....sitting by the computer and TV. I got my soda, chips, pizza, cheese and crackers all ready though. Tonight I'll get the TV remote ready and make it easier to go between ESPN, NFL network and ESPNews. Does anybody know if WTMJ is going to have radio coverage of the Packers picks/possible trades?

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-27-2007, 03:45 PM

Same here.....sitting by the computer and TV. I got my soda, chips, pizza, cheese and crackers all ready though. Tonight I'll get the TV remote ready and make it easier to go between ESPN, NFL network and ESPNews. Does anybody know if WTMJ is going to have radio coverage of the Packers picks/possible trades?

Was supposed to go to a friends engagement party on that day, but lucky for me it was rescheduled for may 12. So you can put me in the BallHawk category.

packinpatland
04-27-2007, 03:48 PM

If you can get anywhere near a computer, this would be the perfect place to keep uptodate. The draft page is pretty nice.
.http://www.packers.com/draft/2007/

hurleyfan
04-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Well let's see....

Have a tee time on Sunday, and to make life a little easier, have to do some work around the house on Saturday so will not get to the draft until later in the afternoon... maybe about 4 hours after it starts!

Let's see... pick #16...15 mins per pick... equals 4 picks per hour... equals turn on T.V about 4PM

Joemailman
04-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll be working until about 4:00. I'm thinking if TT trades down to about 22, I have a chance to be home on time.

oregonpackfan
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll be engaged in "Honeydo" chores around the house. My wife makes allowances for Saturday college football in the fall but it would be difficult to justify sacrificing an April Saturday for a football related event.

Besides, the weather forecast out here is sunny with temperatures in the 70's. It would be hard to justify staying indoors on a day without rain. :)

ecwiscott
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll be engaged in "Honeydo" chores around the house. My wife makes allowances for Saturday college football in the fall but it would be difficult to justify sacrificing an April Saturday for a football related event.

Besides, the weather forecast out here is sunny with temperatures in the 70's. It would be hard to justify staying indoors on a day without rain. :)

This is the NFL DRAFT! This is the 3rd biggest football holiday behind opening weekend and the Super Bowl. "Honeydo" chores can be done most any weekend. It's times like this where I thank God I am single. :)

Bretsky
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm going to a friends; we've already tested his wireless connection so I should be able to be logged in here.

Beer consumption

Plus, we are incorporating gambling into every pick. Three guys, and each guy throws in $2.50 into a pot every pick. We all predict each pick, one by one. The pot gets keeps growing as long as all three of us are right on the pick. When one gets the player and the others have missed, they get the money.......and with the next pick it starts growing again.

I fully expect to be swearing at TT; at least I'll hopefully win some money

Badgepack
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Thankfully I had foot surgery this morning so no chores for me, I should be able to soak it all in, although pretty loaded up on pain killers.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Doesn't Rosie have 5 sisters?

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought they were "friends."

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Thankfully I had foot surgery this morning so no chores for me, I should be able to soak it all in, although pretty loaded up on pain killers.

I suggest you give those to your wife, while you can. If TT goofs up we wouldn't want you to go on a Vicodin induced frenzy :wink:

ND72
04-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Draft weekend is a great College buddy get together weekend.

My college roommate has a 110" home theatre in his house, so we go to his place. One buddy who still lives in Winona comes over for the weekend, and a buddy that now lives in Fond Du Lac comes up as well. My college roommate and the guy from Fondy both have sons now, so it'll be a great weekend of guy, football, and little boys. I'm more than excited for this.