PDA

View Full Version : The Drug era

Partial
04-27-2007, 01:01 PM
When did this generation become the generation of drugs?

Kids do drugs for all the wrong reasons today. Kids are hopped up on anti-depressants and aderhol whenever they get out hyper or are going through a hard time. Drug use is extremely prevalent in high schools all over.

What is wrong with kids today?

Can someone explain the whole anti-depressant thing? I guess maybe I am ignorant and haven't experienced clinical depression, but it seems like a load of huey to me.

Zool
04-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Prescription drugs used to have a stigma like illegal drugs. Not so much anymore. They are allot more plentiful and therefor easier to get.

Freak Out
04-27-2007, 01:50 PM
When I first started using "drugs" it was weed/hash and mushrooms once in a blue moon. There were other drugs around like blow and junk but the crowd I ran with liked to smoke so we never even thought about "graduating" to the harder stuff.
Now it seems the prescription stuff is easy to get and any schmuck can brew up a bunch of meth pretty fast. Weed is a long growing process and much more expensive to produce. Village kids in Alaska huff gas, sniff glue and drink all kinds of other nasty stuff to get a buzz.
The feds and the States can end this madness fast if they had the balls.

packinpatland
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
When did this generation become the generation of drugs?

Kids do drugs for all the wrong reasons today. Kids are hopped up on anti-depressants and aderhol whenever they get out hyper or are going through a hard time. Drug use is extremely prevalent in high schools all over.

What is wrong with kids today?

Can someone explain the whole anti-depressant thing? I guess maybe I am ignorant and haven't experienced clinical depression, but it seems like a load of huey to me.

I don't know why the increase in anti-depressants, I do know that in some it IS a disease and it is treatable. I've heard people say that they never knew how bad they felt until they found out how much better they could be.
In some folks it's a chemical imbalance, others it's due to their environement. Proper diagnosis, the right drugs, sometimes therapy can make a world of difference.
It really isn't anything to be taken lightly. Unfortunatly, because you're not bruised or bleeding, others don't take it seriously.

Merlin
04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
This isn't the "drug" generation. There aren't any more people today doing illegal drugs or using prescription drugs for illegal purposes then there always has been. The difference today is that people are more comfortable talking openly about it. The war on drugs is a joke and always has been. Just like it's okay for someone to say "I am gay" and talk about corn holing the nearest ass. If a heterosexual said that, they would be jailed.

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Merlin, you have some fascinating ideas...

Merlin
04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Think about how many things are acceptable today compared to 20 years ago. Then correlate that to the state of this country, it's friggin scary...

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Compare that to the 60's generation of free love and acid trips.

packinpatland
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM
PBS had a show on last week titled something like 'San Francisco's Summer of Love'.
Yes , there was free love, yes there was acid and alot of other drugs,but what there wasn't, was any hatred, bigotry, or violence.
Too bad it only lasted that one summer.

Partial
04-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I was more getting to the point of people running away from their problems via illegal drugs with the whole "emo/goth" scene, which interestingly enough also has heavy perscription anti-depressant use.

Teens today are very strange.