PDA

View Full Version : RANDY MOSS DEAL DONE? Is he a Packer?

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 04:56 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:50 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

MOSS DEAL DONE?

There's talk in league circles that the Raiders have a deal in place to trade Randy Moss.

However, we don't know yet where he's headed. Or what the Raiders will get in return.

The most likely destination is Green Bay, since Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason.

We've heard on multiple occasions that quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has mentioned repeatedly that Favre is pushing for the trade.

We heard earlier today that the Raiders were shopping Moss for a second-round pick, and we heard on Thursday that the Packers had offered a fourth-round pick.

Our guess? Moss to Green Bay for a third-rounder.

oregonpackfan
04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Over my dead Cheesehead body...

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Ruh-roh!

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Now busy trying to confirm this.

gbpackfan
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Wow. I love the draft! Yaa-hoo!

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
My bet is that it will be a 3 that gets the deal done as stated. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
We've waited a long time for any real news.

We're hungarrrreee. :)

pack4to84
04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Posted on other site
Arrigo

I have 2 UNCONFIRMED e-amils saying a deal for Moss is done....fwiw.

Moss for a 4th or 3rd (the e-mails differ)

Arrigo

I am calling people now to try and confirm.....sorry.

(I dont think they are bogus e-mails....but you never know)

Arrigo

Huas I agree with you 110%. That is why I am trying to get confirmation, not just on Moss, but also on Turner.

I will get excited when I get confirmation...BUT I will say adding Moss is not "the peice to the puzzle" to a Super Bowl winning team...it is another piece, but NOT the final one.

Arrigo

I am trying to get a hold of some sources as we speak, but all I am getting is V-Mails...so I am also sending e-mails out. As soon as I get a call or e-mail back....THEN I can confrim 100%.

SORRY

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Posted on other site
Arrigo

I have 2 UNCONFIRMED e-amils saying a deal for Moss is done....fwiw.

Moss for a 4th or 3rd (the e-mails differ)

Arrigo

I am calling people now to try and confirm.....sorry.

(I dont think they are bogus e-mails....but you never know)

Arrigo

Huas I agree with you 110%. That is why I am trying to get confirmation, not just on Moss, but also on Turner.

I will get excited when I get confirmation...BUT I will say adding Moss is not "the peice to the puzzle" to a Super Bowl winning team...it is another piece, but NOT the final one.

Aaaarrrrrigoo !! :shock:

green_bowl_packer
04-27-2007, 06:32 PM
This sounds good to me!!!

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S71754.shtml?cat=7

Moss' Agent: "Who Wouldn't Want To Play With Brett Favre?" (April 27-12:52 p.m.)

Randy Moss hears the critics. Today, his agent tells 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS, that the Oakland WR is in the best shape of his life.

"In Florida, where, Randy works out, he ran a 4.26, 4.28, and a 4.31 during one of his workouts last week", said Tim DiPiero, Moss' agent earlier today. "He's in the best shape of his life."

DiPiero told me Moss' playing weight is about 205 pounds and is completely healthy. Gone are the ankle, rib, groin and hamstring injuries that have nagged Moss over the the past few years. But there are other questions about Moss that need to be answered.

NFL executives across the league have questioned Moss' work ethic over the years. "Randy is determined to prove all of them wrong," DiPiero told me. "He wants to play for a title, and win a Super Bowl."

But here's the real question: Where will Moss accomplish this? Today, trade rumors run rampant in light of Saturday's upcoming NFL draft. Today, a well-connected NFL website, profootballtalk.com, reports the Raiders are offering up Moss for a 2nd-round draft pick. The web site also speculates the Packers are willing to give up a 4th round pick to land Moss. I asked DiPiero what he's heard. Moss' agent said he hasn't heard anything from the Raiders.

DiPiero did say that Moss "has great respect for Brett Favre-who wouldn't as a receiver." When pressed if Favre and Moss had talked, DiPiero said most NFL players have personal relationships outside their respective organization and this is no different. When asked if Moss has physically been to the Green Bay area since news of the rampant trade rumors started 3 months ago, DiPiero said Moss hasn't been there this year.

For interested teams, there is another small matter to consider. Moss' $9,750,00 contract for 2007 is cost prohibitive at this point in his career. Moss is seriously obsessed with his off-season training and has a renewed desire for the game, so it's not unreasonable to think that he would be open to restructuring his current deal. That said, Moss considers Lambeau Field as his favorite place to play, as his agent told me today. Even when he was with Minnesota. So far, the Packers are the only team to publicly emerge as a suitor. Stay tuned.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 06:36 PM
That speed and size is scarey!

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/04/26/SPGNCPFPMB1.DTL

Rumors flying under the Raiders' own roof

David White, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The trade rumors are circulating, the draft gossip is spreading ... and that's just inside the Raiders' locker room.

Desperate to see a turnaround after a 2-14 debacle, players have been wondering among themselves what those atop the organization's leadership chart should do with the No. 1 overall pick of the NFL draft come Saturday morning.

Truth is, they're not even sure the people in charge have made a decision, even as team officials continue contract talks with the top three prospects: LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson and Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

"Of course, we" wonder, free safety Stuart Schweigert said. "In the weight room, that's all we talk about every day. What we'd like to have happen, what we think is going to happen.

"Right now, who knows? No one does. I don't know if the coaches know. I don't even think Al Davis knows yet."

Little information is leaking outside the closed doors at team headquarters, but online and print media reports are giving players and fans ample fodder to debate.

ESPN.com reported Tuesday the Raiders would draft Johnson if the Chiefs traded quarterback Trent Green to the Dolphins, with the expectation Miami would cut Daunte Culpepper, who then could sign with the Raiders.

Pro Football Talk followed with a report saying the Raiders offered Quinn a "lowball" deal, citing a league source Wednesday.

One Raiders source called that rumor "doubtful" and doesn't expect the team to sign its choice before the draft. Five of the past No. 1 overall picks were signed to a contract before the draft.

The potential leak could be the Raiders' way of leveraging a better deal from Russell or Johnson, both of whom could expect up to $30 million in guaranteed money if drafted first.

"Mr. Davis is a very sharp man," Raiders wide receiver Ron Curry said

"I'm sure he'll make the right decision."

Whatever that decision is, it will have an immediate impact on Curry and the other receivers.

Among the receivers this offseason, Curry received a contract extension, Alvis Whitted was re-signed, Jerry Porter was embraced [/b]by the new coaching staff and Randy Moss was not traded, though rumors of his departure to Green Bay will persist through draft day.

"Whatever they do is going to affect us," Curry said. "If they go out and pick a wide receiver, what are they going to do with all that talent? Everybody can't stay."

And if they draft a quarterback, as most expect?

"If they get a quarterback, he's going to be young," Curry said.

"What are we going to be able to do and not be able to do? I do know the top portion of (prospects) has talent. I don't know how you can go wrong with whatever decision they make."

That is the one thing most players seem to agree on, though the same was said in 2004 when left tackle Robert Gallery, taken second overall, was considered the safe pick.

"The thing is, you have to be able to come right in and be that difference maker that we need," Schweigert said.

"I think all three guys have the ability to ... be a playmaker right now.

"It's going to be exciting to see who we get."

Roster moves: One wide receiver was removed from the equation Wednesday when the Raiders released Leo Bookman.

Before you call it a sign Oakland is making room for Johnson, relax. Bookman was an undrafted rookie who spent last season on the practice squad.

Oakland also signed defensive tackle Josh Shaw and defensive back Kris Richard. Neither was on an NFL roster last season, with Richard last playing for the 49ers in 2005.

Roster check: The Raiders will have a mandatory minicamp next weekend, the second of three allowed and the first that isn't voluntary for players.

Two players to watch for are Moss, who has yet to rescind his trade demands, and Pro Bowl defense end Derrick Burgess, who reportedly wants a new contract after making two straight Pro Bowls.

Moss and Burgess have not attended voluntary workouts. Defensive tackle Warren Sapp also did not participate in the voluntary minicamp, but was at the facility soon after.

E-mail David White at dwhite@sfchronicle.com.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
I didn't see Arrigo's comments. Where does he post this stuff?

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
They do ned cap room for their picks

Packnut
04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I called earlier when I said a motivated Moss could be special. I just got a hunch Randy is out to make some people eat a hot steaming pile of crow!

Rastak
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I called earlier when I said a motivated Moss could be special. I just got a hunch Randy is out to make some people eat a hot steaming pile of crow!

Those were his comments when he joined Oakland...you do recall that don't you?

I'm only semi trying to piss all over your parade. Think about what he said when he got traded to Oakland.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 06:49 PM
This might just be agent talk but if Moss is in great shape like this guy *who has everything to lose by the way* is saying then this would be better than the Woodson deal.

Also, a middle second in this weak draft might not even be too high. That said, Oakland has to get rid of him so if we're not bidding against other teams it makes no sense to raise it above a 3rd unless we have to.

This is going to be an exciting draft. Lynch, a second round defender and Moss would make the Packers legit competitors in the NFC.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 06:51 PM
No to Lynch, I would rather trade our 1 to the chargers for Turner.

pack4to84
04-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I didn't see Arrigo's comments. Where does he post this stuff?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17

Packnut
04-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Those were his comments when he joined Oakland...you do recall that don't you?

I'm only semi trying to piss all over your parade. Think about what he said when he got traded to Oakland.

Wrong my purple friend! When he was traded to Oakland, his talent was not being questioned nor was his motivation. Now it is. Totally different scenario. No one was saying he was washed up 2 yrs ago, and now they are.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 06:57 PM

I'm a big fan of Lynch. His RB coach from college was on 107.5 and had a lot of good things to say about Lynch; both character and on the field. He said he was by far the most talented player he's ever coached and he said he had one other NFL RB's that he's coached. He said he's stronger than people know, he makes guys miss and he is a very smart, instinctive back who knows where and how to run..

It's coming from his coach, but this guy couldn't say enough good things about Lynch. He thinks he's a lot of fun in the lockerroom and was dominate on the field. He is one of the few backs in this draft with top notch size, very good speed and top notch production. He's one of my favorite players in this draft. I'd take him over Turner.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 06:58 PM

I'm thinking that Larry Johnson may well still be in the picture.

Now that fella is worth a first round pick (possibly our #16 tomorrow).

lod01
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
It's coming baby. Favre to Moss. I'm going to guess for a 3rd rounder.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't and as stated by Johnny Gray on the same station, he looks a lot like the backs we alreay have in GB.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't and as stated by Johnny Gray on the same station, he looks a lot like the backs we alreay have in GB.

I just don't see what those guys are seeing. I think Lynch is special and he is hurt a lot by people comparing him to one of the most physically gifted RB's in quite a while.

Remember Ronnie Brown, Cadillac and Benson? Peterson is a freak compared to those guys. Peterson is bigger but just as fast as Bush.

This is just my opinion I guess but I think he's one of the top players in this draft and we'd be lucky to land him. Only time really tells I guess. I think him and Willis are two of the upper guys who should be even higher than they are.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
I think he will be a decent RB, but definitely not a special back. I actually think he may be a small reach at 16.

woodbuck27
04-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Still. . . no Moss !??

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 03:01 PM

I just don't see what those guys are seeing. I think Lynch is special and he is hurt a lot by people comparing him to one of the most physically gifted RB's in quite a while.

Remember Ronnie Brown, Cadillac and Benson? Peterson is a freak compared to those guys. Peterson is bigger but just as fast as Bush.

This is just my opinion I guess but I think he's one of the top players in this draft and we'd be lucky to land him. Only time really tells I guess. I think him and Willis are two of the upper guys who should be even higher than they are.

I agree

All this Lynch criticism was crap; he'd be a Packer had he fell to 16. The guy has very good talent and can be an every down back.

woodbuck27
04-28-2007, 03:12 PM

I agree

All this Lynch criticism was crap; he'd be a Packer had he fell to 16. The guy has very good talent and can be an every down back.

I would have given alot to see Marshawn Lynch there at 16 when we picked.

Just to see what Ted Thompson would do.

We'll never know now ,but I never felt that he'd pick ML.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Wasn't a big proponent of Lynch. Just too concerned about both character and durability. Plus, he didn't look like a special player to me--like Adrian Peterson.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Wasn't a big proponent of Lynch. Just too concerned about both character and durability. Plus, he didn't look like a special player to me--like Adrian Peterson.

Now ive warmed up to Harrell and i am starting to like him, but i mean Lynchs durability is nothing compared to Harrells

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 03:33 PM
My point was that Lynch has BOTH durability and character concerns.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 03:35 PM

In terms of character they are complete opposites. Lynch is cocky, irresponsible, and immature. Harrell is humble, a leader, and mature. Night an day.

Brando19
04-28-2007, 03:39 PM
This thread is about Moss. Any news?

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Moss for a 4th would be nice.

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 04:04 PM
This thread is about Moss. Any news?

I haven't heard a peep since before they started picking. When Shefter said Pats, no, Packers, no Pats, no Packers....etc.

Packers4Ever
04-28-2007, 04:08 PM

In terms of character they are complete opposites. Lynch is cocky, irresponsible, and immature. Harrell is humble, a leader, and mature. Night an day.

In other words, Ballhawk, Harrell would be a great addition
to the 'Packer People' crowd !! :)
I was shocked when I saw that someone for D
had been picked. Not that we can't use another there,
but I was thinking of all those we need much worse on 'O'......

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Ahhh, but TT never drafts for need. BPA always.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Really? If that's the case then he had Brady Quinn ranked BELOW Justin Harrell? Doubt that one...

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Really? If that's the case then he had Brady Quinn ranked BELOW Justin Harrell? Doubt that one...

agree

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I agree RG...I think he budged from his BPA stance but he has said that he will take BPA unless it really doens't make sense. He made it sound like BPA is almost always going to be the deciscion but I've heard Thompson say that he would budge from that in rare situations.

I was kind of excited to see him take Harrell. I was really worried he would stay rigid to the BPA thing even if it was not at all practical. He didn't and because of that my confidence in TT is even more renued.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, BPA would have been Brady. Then we would have had to trade off ARod.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Hard to say where teams had Quinn ranked. Much like Aaron Rodgers. Maybe teams weren't as enamored as the "experts." Miami certainly had a need and passed on him.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Everyone was surprised that Miami passed on him. He even looked surprised on tv.

Badgerinmaine
04-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I heard John Clayton on ESPN radio about an hour ago. According to The Professor, it sounded like
1. The Raiders probably will make their move on Moss on the second day of the draft, not today.
2. It's still between the Packers and Patriots, with the Packers offering a 5th round pick so far and the Pats offering a 6th. If that's true, the mighty sure have fallen.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:43 PM
A fifth rounder for Moss is okay with me.

Badgerinmaine
Everyone was surprised that Miami passed on him. He even looked surprised on tv.
And they don't seem to have anything sewn up with Trent Green, either. Very odd.

retailguy
I heard John Clayton on ESPN radio about an hour ago. According to The Professor, it sounded like
1. The Raiders probably will make their move on Moss on the second day of the draft, not today.
2. It's still between the Packers and Patriots, with the Packers offering a 5th round pick so far and the Pats offering a 6th. If that's true, the mighty sure have fallen.

so now it's down to a 5th... admit it guys, NO ONE knows what is going on, and it's likely NOTHING going on... :roll:

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeh, don't hold your breath around here. Anything can happen.

Packers4Ever
04-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Oh I forgot AGAIN, LOL !!

Why must I keep thinking we have to
"need" someone before we pick anyone? :?

I miss Gilbert....... : (

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I hope the best player available in the second round isn't a punter!

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I hope the best player available in the second round isn't a punter!

I hope the BPA in round 2 is someone we actually need to play in 07... and that can play in 07

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I didn't think our greatest team need was DL. So this had to be BPA.

Agreed, I hope BPA is someone to fill a current weakness.

packers11
04-28-2007, 05:38 PM
PFT

NEWS ALERT: There are reports that the Raiders are talking only to the Packers about a trade of Randy Moss.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:39 PM
PFT

NEWS ALERT: There are reports that the Raiders are talking only to the Packers about a trade of Randy Moss.

Seems I've heard this one too many times....

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't see Oakland trading Moss for a 5th round pick. They have two picks in round 3, 4, 5, and 7. They don't really need to stockpile anymore picks. They have 11 picks already.

Guiness
04-28-2007, 06:50 PM
With where Quinn was picked, TT wasn't the only one that though he wasn't BPA. I think Cleveland panicked a little in an effort to get him. I think he would've continued to fall at least to Chicago.

They were apparently trying to trade up from the 12th pick on. I wonder why TT didn't bite?

red
04-28-2007, 07:16 PM
i hope this trade down just gave us the 3rd round pick that will get us moss

did oakland just trade for mike williams?

moss is ours

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, Oakland gets Williams. They need someone to do the laundry.

Fosco33
04-28-2007, 07:50 PM
NFLN -

No contact w/ Patriots since Friday.

Pack is luke warm about a trade.