PDA

View Full Version : Latest From Schefter-CJ To Play In The NFC North

Packnut
04-27-2007, 05:55 PM
C'mon Oakland- take CJ. No way in hell do I want Detroit toget this BEAST!

The Detroit Lions organization met Friday and concluded that, unless a blockbuster trade offer comes their way, they will draft Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Many will deduce that this decision is a matter of posturing, but the organization insisted it wasn't. Nor did it sound like it. Detroit has decided that if Oakland goes with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, as many expect, it has no choice but to draft the next best player on its board, Johnson.

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz was one of the key cogs in the decision, getting the rest of the organization excited about the way he would use Johnson. It should be enough to scare other teams in the NFC North.

But the Lions made it very clear Friday night that their past failures at wide receiver will not deter them from revisiting the position.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Best player in this draft, period! great move for the Lions. :(

gbpackfan
04-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm not buying it.....yet. The Lions would love to trade down a couple of spots and they are spreading this rumor in order to get more out of Tampa. We'll see though.

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
They are going to pick CJ and they may keep him or they may than trade him.

woodbuck27
04-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks to me like Calvin Johnson will be a Lion or the Detroit brass are doing one helluva selling job here. :)

Woe to the Packers?

No !

He may just be playing for the Detroit Lions. :)

cpk1994
04-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks to me like Calvin Johnson will be a Lion or the Detroit brass are doing one helluva selling job here. :)

Woe to the Packers?

No !

The Lions can have all the CJ's in the world but they still don't have a QB. :)

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Woe to the Packers?

No !

The Lions can have all the CJ's in the world but they still don't have a QB. :)

The sucky thing is...CJ doesn't need a good QB....if a ball is thrown up, he's coming down with it! But...I don't see the Lions staying in that #2 spot. I believe they'll trade down to the Bucs or Falcons.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
X.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 09:02 PM
To paraphrase what Schefter said

"The organization wasn't bluffing, they even said so."

:roll: