PDA

View Full Version : Former Packer passes away

digitaldean
04-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Bill Forester, LB, 1953-63

From KFFL.com
Packers | Former LB Forester passes away
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:51:05 -0700

Packers.com reports former Green Bay Packers LB Bill Forester has passed away at the age of 74.
________

Inducted to the Packer Hall of Fame January 1974 and Pro Bowl LB.

____

:cry:

CaptainKickass
04-27-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know him or even recall ever seeing any footage of him.

But I give him respect for being part of the green and gold.

This shot's for you.

Patler
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Bill Forrester made various All Pro teams each year from 1959 to 1963 (AP, UPI, etc.). He was an outstanding linebacker, and would have been better known except that Nitschke played at the same time and for many years after, and Dave Robinsonreally came into his own about the time Forrester retired. As a result, Forrester has been somewhat forgotten.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 01:01 AM
That's a badass history lesson.

CaptainKickass
04-28-2007, 02:38 AM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Hey Mad -

This thought just popped into my head:

:idea: How about in the future you get some content together regarding various historical happenings regarding the Green and Gold for the offseason?

:idea: That would indeed make for a "Badass Lesson" - and maybe keep some otherwise absent in the offseason readers coming back here every now and again.

Regards,

The Captain

oregonpackfan
04-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Bill Forrester made various All Pro teams each year from 1959 to 1963 (AP, UPI, etc.). He was an outstanding linebacker, and would have been better known except that Nitschke played at the same time and for many years after, and Dave Robinsonreally came into his own about the time Forrester retired. As a result, Forrester has been somewhat forgotten.

Patler is exactly right!

I remember seeing him play during the early glory Lombardi years. He was an outstanding linebacker but received little press recognition because Nitschke received much of the linebacker publicity.

I don't mean to take anything away from Nitschke because he was a phenonmental LB, but Nitschke had a great supporting cast around him on the defensive team, one of whom was Forrester.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 10:24 AM
:idea: How about in the future you get some content together regarding various historical happenings regarding the Green and Gold for the offseason?Patler ... OPF??? :P