PDA

View Full Version : Silverstein: Pack Talking To Raiders About Moss

pbmax
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
FRIDAY, April 27, 2007, 7:45 p.m.
By Tom Silverstein

Packers talking to Raiders about Moss
The Green Bay Packers are one of the teams talking to the Oakland Raiders about acquiring wide receiver Randy Moss and there is a chance a trade could be completed before the draft starts Saturday.

According to an NFL source with direct knowledge of the Moss trade maneuvers, the Packers are in the running for the former Pro Bowl receiver's services and could have a deal in place soon. However, the source also warned that just as easily the whole thing could fall apart and the Packers would go on with the draft without making a deal.

The Packers and Raiders have spoken about a Moss deal over the past two months but haven't ever really gotten close to hammering out a deal. It has always been assumed that nothing would happen until the draft drew near and the Raiders were sure of their selection at the top of the draft.

A personnel executive for another NFL team said that the Raiders have been shopping Moss of late. He said the Raiders were tired of Moss' act after two less-than-typical years for the once dominating receiver and wanted to dump him, but were finding very few takers.

The Packers are an ideal place for the moody and often combative Moss, some people think, because he would be teammed with quarterback Brett Favre, a player he knows and respects. The two shared the same agent, James (Bus) Cook, for awhile, and played against one another twice a year for seven seasons when Moss was with the Vikings.

Favre has been a big proponent of bringing in Moss, according to Cook, who said earlier this spring that the two have always wanted to play on the same team. Moss might be more reluctant to act up with Favre in the locker room and on the field, although some league observers think he won't ever change his ways.

To make the deal work, the Packers are going to want to restructure Moss' current contract, which carries over from the Raiders in the case of a trade. Moss is set to earn $9.75 million and the Packers aren't going to be willing to carry that on their payroll, knowing they could run into a problem with the receiver down the line.

Moss' agent, Tim DiPiero, did not return a phone message at his West Virginia office and Packers general manager Ted Thompson was unavailable for comment.

When reached today, Cook, who still has ties to Moss despite not being listed as his agent, refused to acknowledge anything was imminent.

"I don't know anything about anything. I'm worried about Calvin Johnson," said Cook, who represents the talented Georgia Tech receiver.

It's possible DiPiero and the Packers are talking to see whether the two sides can reach an agreement on a restructured contract that would appeal to both sides. The Raiders may be talking to other teams about Moss, and so there is no assurance a deal with the Packers will be completed.

DiPiero told Twin Cities television station KSTP that Moss was in excellent shape and "ran a 4.26, 4.28, and a 4.31 (seconds in the 40-yard dash) during one of his workouts last week. He's in the best shape of his life."

pbmax
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
PFT today had Raiders asking for a two (so much for Wes Welker eh Al?) and Pack's last offer a four. Now Silverstein has a definite source who claims he isn't just speculating.

PFT reports were pure rumor if I remember correctly. 3rd round pick seems like it would get it done unless someone else wants him.

May all come down to what he will do with the contract.

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports Oakland Raiders director of football development Mark Jackson and head coach Lane Kiffin have been shopping WR Randy Moss to other teams.

digitaldean
04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
FRIDAY, April 27, 2007, 7:45 p.m.
By Tom Silverstein

Packers talking to Raiders about Moss

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :bang: :bang:

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Why in the heck would anyone be pissed if the Pack landed Moss!??!?! He would be balls to the wall playing for Favre! This would be awesome!!!! COME ON RANDY!!! I WANT TO BUY A MOSS PACKERS JERSEY!!!!!!

cpk1994
04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Why in the heck would anyone be pissed if the Pack landed Moss!??!?! He would be balls to the wall playing for Favre! This would be awesome!!!! COME ON RANDY!!! I WANT TO BUY A MOSS PACKERS JERSEY!!!!!!
The answer to why? is very simple. For a lot of fans it would be hypocritical to cheer for Moss considering many considered him to be trash when he was with Minnesota. That and all the baggage he carries with him. He has worn out his welcome in both places he has been. What makes you think this will be different. That is why I think you are making a big assumption that he will be "balls to the walls". Once a malcontent, always a malcontent.

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:21 PM
The answer to why? is very simple. For a lot of fans it would be hypocritical to cheer for Moss considering many considered him to be trash when he was with Minnesota. That and all the baggage he carries with him. He has worn out his welcome in both places he has been. What makes you think this will be different. That is why I think you are making a big assumption that he will be "balls to the walls". Once a malcontent, always a malcontent.

If this happens....IF....will you be cheering when he's catching TD's or will you be saying, "Eh...he's still got some baggage...I don't think I'll cheer because it'll be hypocritical."??

cpk1994
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM

If this happens....IF....will you be cheering when he's catching TD's or will you be saying, "Eh...he's still got some baggage...I don't think I'll cheer because it'll be hypocritical."??
No I won't cheer for him. I think he is a piece of crap. That opinion doesn't change for me because he is in green and gold. When he scores I will be silent. I was the same way for Andre Rison. It is just as rediculous as the Viking fans who now say how great Darren Sharper because he is now a Vike after years calling him a POS when he was a packer.

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:35 PM

No I won't cheer for him. I think he is a piece of crap. That opinion doesn't change for me because he is in green and gold. When he scores I will be silent. I was the same way for Andre Rison. It is just as rediculous as the Viking fans who now say how great Darren Sharper because he is now a Vike after years calling him a POS when he was a packer.

Dude....they called him that because he beat their passing game! That's part of the game.....you boo the opponent and cheer your team. I hope you change your mind about Moss if he signs with the Pack. You've gotta give him a chance.

MadtownPacker
04-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I hated Moss with a passion due to the fact he was a Packer killer. Had he sucked I would have loved him like (enter any lions first round WR). If he throws on the mighty G&G I have no beef with him unless he plays like crap.

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:47 PM
I hated Moss with a passion due to the fact he was a Packer killer. Had he sucked I would have loved him like (enter any lions first round WR). If he throws on the mighty G&G I have no beef with him unless he plays like crap.

Finally...some wise words!!!!

ND72
04-27-2007, 08:51 PM

See that's hard for me...#1, I hate Randy Moss and I do NOT want him in Green Bay. But. I am a Packer fan. I've already applogized to my girlfriend and told her I will never love her like I love the Packers :lol: . If Randy becomes a Packer, I will chear for him because of my love for the Packers and the desire for them to succeed. BUT...there will always be a little bit of me that will not like him being here, if it happens.

MadtownPacker
04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
50 yard TD bombs heal all wounds..... :D

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:54 PM

See that's hard for me...#1, I hate Randy Moss and I do NOT want him in Green Bay. But. I am a Packer fan. I've already applogized to my girlfriend and told her I will never love her like I love the Packers :lol: . If Randy becomes a Packer, I will chear for him because of my love for the Packers and the desire for them to succeed. BUT...there will always be a little bit of me that will not like him being here, if it happens.

And you still have a girlfriend!!??! You've either got her wrapped around your finger or she is one awesome girl! :shock: I'd be single if I said that....lol.

MJZiggy
04-27-2007, 08:56 PM
ND, at least she knows where she stands.

ND72
04-27-2007, 08:56 PM

And you still have a girlfriend!!??! You've either got her wrapped around your finger or she is one awesome girl! :shock: I'd be single if I said that....lol.

I'm blessed :D

Brando19
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM

I'm blessed :D

I don't even want to know what that means. :lol:

ND72
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm a very lucky man...is that better? :D

Brando19
04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
LoL....better.

CaptainKickass
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
50 yard TD bombs heal all wounds..... :D

Mad -

All I have to say is this:

NAIL ON THE MOTHERF***ING HEAD!

ahaha
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
My guess would be that this deal doesn't go down until after the 16th pick in the draft. If the Pack can trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, it might make them up there bid for Moss.