PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Vikings take at 7?

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I think it's going to be LaRon Landry and although he seems like a pretty good player; he sure doesn't look like a probowl talent. He's rock solid but not what you hope for after a horrible season. I acctually think Lynch and even Nelson (another safety) are bigger playmakers.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I think it'll be either Landry, Peterson, or Willis.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
The top 6 are pretty much set. I think they get to choose between Willis, Landry, and Jamaal Anderson. Landry seems like the safest bet but Anderson and Willis seem like possible playmakers where Landry just didn't impress me.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 09:35 PM

Peterson won't drop. He's a stud.

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 09:38 PM

Peterson won't drop. He's a stud.

All Peterson needs to drop is to hear the words

"Cleveland selects QB Brady Quinn" or "Cleveland selects Tackle Joe Thomas"

b bulldog
04-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I agree that it will be between Landry,Peterson and Anderson

ND72
04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I think it will be between which ever falls between Peterson and Quinn. If neither one of them, I think it could be Okoye or Willis. I dont' think it'll be Landry cause the Vikigns have 7 Safeties listed on their roster, all of which could probably start. and have some money invested there as well.

Cheesehead Craig
04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
They won't take Willis. It's going to be Peterson. JMO.

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 10:01 PM
They won't take Willis. It's going to be Peterson. JMO.

Interesting. I didn't realize how set the other teams were at RB. They would be very lucky if this were to happen. VERY lucky.

ahaha
04-27-2007, 10:03 PM
The Vikings had one of the best run defenses(statistically) of all time, last year. But their pass defense was bad. With Erasmus James coming back they might be thinking that adding a potental top-flight DE might have the makings of another "purple people eaters" D-line. I like Jamal Anderson or Adam Carricker here. Althoiugh, I woudn't be surpised if they took Quinn or Person, provided they fall, to add something to that putrid offense. BLEEAAAHHH!

RashanGary
04-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, if they get Peterson; let's just hope he gets injured :)

BallHawk
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
The Vikings had one of the best run defenses(statistically) of all time, last year. But their pass defense was bad. With Erasmus James coming back they might be thinking that adding a potental top-flight DE might have the makings of another "purple people eaters" D-line. I like Jamal Anderson or Adam Carricker here. Althoiugh, I woudn't be surpised if they took Quinn or Person, provided they fall, to add something to that putrid offense. BLEEAAAHHH!

If they could trade down into the teens they could still pick up Carriker and maybe add a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

LEWCWA
04-28-2007, 01:27 AM
If Minn gets Quinn or Peterson at 7, they did much better than us last year at 5...these are 2 great players...

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Well, if they get Peterson; let's just hope he gets injured :)

I hope that smilie indicates you were joking. I never wish a player to get injured (not from any team).

I am always pulling for our guys to lay someone out in a game in a good tough tackle, a clean hit, but not injure anybody beyond the current game.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:18 AM
I think they'd like to move down but I'd be happy with either Peterson or Landry. They do have 7 safetys but they don't have alot of money tied up, they could cut any one of them without much of a hit I'm guessing. Sharper's signing bonus is getting long in the tooth at last.

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Where they are, they should be able to get one of the elite players in this draft. If they move down, they won't.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Where they are, they should be able to get one of the elite players in this draft. If they move down, they won't.

Right, which is why I'd take Landry or Peterson. If they do move down they should grab at least two WR's in the first two rounds. Meachem or Bowe and then Smith or Gonzalez in the second.

wist43
04-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Peterson's clavical is very much a concern.

I'd take Landry.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Peterson's clavical is very much a concern.

I'd take Landry.

Yea, he's a very safe pick and a helluva player.

Tarlam!
04-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Oakland takes CJ
Detroit goes with Thomas, because after CJ, he is the best on the board.
Cleveland takes Quinn, despite the Russel Connection.
Tampa trades with Miami who takes Russel, because Al Davis previously traded for Culpepper.
Arizona trade with Buffalo, so Buffalo gets Peterson.

Thus, throw all Mock Drafts out the window.

Guiness
04-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Seven safeties, eh? Didn't know that.

I'd have guess LL, but that sheds doubt on it. I still think he'll be the BPA with that pick.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Actually, Tarlam, the thought of an Arizona-Buffalo trade is very intriguing. I hadn't thought that possibility over before.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I think they'd like to move down but I'd be happy with either Peterson or Landry. They do have 7 safetys but they don't have alot of money tied up, they could cut any one of them without much of a hit I'm guessing. Sharper's signing bonus is getting long in the tooth at last.
They have 7 safeties under contract, but Landry is better than 5-6 of them now. The Vikes have that many as they are trying to find someone that can cover.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 09:45 AM
They have 7 safeties under contract, but Landry is better than 5-6 of them now. The Vikes have that many as they are trying to find someone that can cover.

Yup......I think all but Sharper carry no real cap implications if they get cut. Plus, while Tank Williams and Mike Doss aren't that old, only Greg Blue is a real young guy.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Actually, Tarlam, the thought of an Arizona-Buffalo trade is very intriguing. I hadn't thought that possibility over before.

Only way it would happen is if Thomas is gone

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 10:03 AM
If they take Landry, he better be better than all 7.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 10:06 AM

It'd be hard for him not to be. :D :wink: :P

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:35 AM

I'd say he most likely would be. The dude is pretty amazing.

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 10:38 AM
He would be a great fit

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 10:39 AM

We'll see. They said the same about Michael Huff and Roy Williams. Huff has good potential, but he didn't stand out last year. Williams is just decent at this point (great hitter, poor cover safety). It's a crapshoot, so for those thinking he's can't miss, I'd say let it play out. The only can't misses in this draft, IMHO, are Johnson, Thomas, and Peterson (if he stays healthy). The only safety in the last several years that I thought was can't miss was Sean Taylor.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:42 AM

We'll see. They said the same about Michael Huff and Roy Williams. Huff has good potential, but he didn't stand out last year. Williams is just decent at this point (great hitter, poor cover safety). It's a crapshoot, so for those thinking he's can't miss, I'd say let it play out. The only can't misses in this draft, IMHO, are Johnson, Thomas, and Peterson (if he stays healthy). The only safety in the last several years that I thought was can't miss was Sean Taylor.

I agree....but the same can be said of every single player, Calvin Johnson included.

He's the top defensive player in my opinion. A safe pick and he should be a solid NFL player.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 10:52 AM
I agree....but the same can be said of every single player, Calvin Johnson included.

Of course, no player is can't miss, but you know what I'm saying. Johnson and Thomas are close. I don't think anybody else is close. Landry might have a 50-60% chance of being a great player. Johnson and Thomas are more like 90%.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 10:55 AM

Of course, no player is can't miss, but you know what I'm saying. Johnson and Thomas are close. I don't think anybody else is close. Landry might have a 50-60% chance of being a great player. Johnson and Thomas are more like 90%.

I'm not sure I agree....Robert Gallery was 90% and see what happened there? Nobody is can't miss. I think Landry is a solid player and I'm guessing he goes at #6.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 10:57 AM

I'm not sure I agree....Robert Gallery was 90% and see what happened there? Nobody is can't miss. I think Landry is a solid player and I'm guessing he goes at #6.

How many times has a top 5 OL been a bust since Mandarich. I think Thomas is better than Gallery. I watched him a lot. I base my opinion on what I know about him. I very much doubt he goes Gallery. What about Johnson? You think it's less than 90%?

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM

I don't think Gallery was that high. I would say he was more of a 75%.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 11:03 AM

How many times has a top 5 OL been a bust since Mandarich. I think Thomas is better than Gallery. I watched him a lot. I base my opinion on what I know about him. I very much doubt he goes Gallery. What about Johnson? You think it's less than 90%?

I think Johnson will rock the NFL....he's a 90% guy I think. But again, who knows for sure.....I'll take your word on Thomas, I didn't see him play much, I'm not a big College football guy outside of the Gophers but I do read a ton on these guys.

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm not a big College football guy outside of the Gophers but I do read a ton on these guys.

Do the Gophers even count as college football? :wink: :D

GoPackGo
04-28-2007, 12:22 PM
they will take AP or Quinn. Scary thought

Rastak
04-28-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm not a big College football guy outside of the Gophers but I do read a ton on these guys.

Do the Gophers even count as college football? :wink: :D

They will soon! I bought a one seat season ticket for next year. Go Gophers!

woodbuck27
04-28-2007, 03:28 PM
The Lions and the Vikings did very well. :)