PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Reporting Packers will take...

Schuhc14
04-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Robert Meachem over Lynch if a deal for Moss is not in place, just heard it on ESPN radio. Also said New England offered a 6th for Moss.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Jump on the Meachem Train; I've been all for this for months

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 11:09 AM
NFLN said NE offered a conditional 4th for moss.

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 11:09 AM
There's no way Davis takes a 6th if the Pack offered a 4th.

Partial
04-28-2007, 11:13 AM
TT should man up and offer a third, then trade down in the first to land a TE and gain that 3rd back. He can then add Kenny Irons or Eric Weddle in the second and we have a very potent team.

Fritz
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Okay, Bretsky, but if we take Meachem and he ends up sucking, I will blame you! If he ends up being a stud I will wait a year or so and then pretend I liked him all along.

It's great to be a fan!

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 11:17 AM
None of these rumors mean a hill of beans. Clayton doesn't know anything more than us. He may have sources, but they may be misleading him. A.J. Hawk was so obvious last year that a lot of people hit on that rumor. A pick at #16 is a lot different. Hell, Thompson didn't even tip his hand on Hawk last year, so I doubt anybody in the organization would let somebody like Clayton know they want Meachem the most.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Okay, Bretsky, but if we take Meachem and he ends up sucking, I will blame you! If he ends up being a stud I will wait a year or so and then pretend I liked him all along.

It's great to be a fan!

Fair enough
Do I get credit for Hawk last year then, or is that in past memory
:lol:

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 11:25 AM
None of these rumors mean a hill of beans. Clayton doesn't know anything more than us. He may have sources, but they may be misleading him. A.J. Hawk was so obvious last year that a lot of people hit on that rumor. A pick at #16 is a lot different. Hell, Thompson didn't even tip his hand on Hawk last year, so I doubt anybody in the organization would let somebody like Clayton know they want Meachem the most.

Clayton must read up on us here :lol:

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Jump on the Meachem Train; I've been all for this for months

Same here, I'd love to see Meachem as a Packer, it'd be better then when the Packers selected Chad Clifton

Packnut
04-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Worst scenario for us. In our scheme, don't be surprised to see Manuel matched up against CJ. :cry:

MJZiggy
04-28-2007, 11:33 AM
There's still the possibility they trade him.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Is Kitna going to get it to him deep? I wouldn't be worrying just yet

Fritz
04-28-2007, 11:39 AM

It's great to be a fan!

Fair enough
Do I get credit for Hawk last year then, or is that in past memory
:lol:

You definitely get credit for Hawk, for Chambers-over-Fergy, and Vincent-over-Buckley. You and I both, however, share the blame for Odell Thurman, who is obviously talented but trouble.

woodbuck27
04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
The whole idea as I see it is that we try to be competitive in the NFCN, at least.

Today it certainly appears, that the Lions and the Vikings took a step towords overtaking us after our first pick is revealed. They each chose very talented offensive players. Offense is our area of dire need.

That pick by Ted Thompson. . . a DT and arguably a reach, with a history of injury concerns named Justin Harrell out of Tennessee.

DT is one of OUR most shored up positions on the team. We had so much more need at too many other positions.

I'm not elated with TT's pick. I am :shock:ed