PDA

View Full Version : Should TT be fired?

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Only thing right now that would save him is if we got moss.

b bulldog
04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
What a stupid post

The Leaper
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Um...Harrell could turn out to be a Pro Bowl player. Would Thompson look stupid then?

NFL GMs know a hell of a lot more about these guys than we do...so why not give a kid a chance to prove himself before writing him off as a loss?

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 02:36 PM
No i know hes talented, and he might be a pro bowler but i really think he could have traded down a decent amount

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Do we have to have one of these worthless threads every year? Jesus Christ.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
No i know hes talented, and he might be a pro bowler but i really think he could have traded down a decent amount

Based on the draftboard from people that aren't personnel people for an NFL team. The same people criticized the Nick Collins and Greg Jennings picks the last two years--based on the expert's draft boards. I'm going to have to let this one play out. Seems like the picks that I overreacted to the most the last two years (the Rodgers' pick notwithstanding), ended up turning out well for us. Those were the Collins (didn't think he'd go that high) and Jennings picks (wanted Chad Jackson at the time).

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Wth im trying to see what everyones thinking, im not calling for his head anymore i was just seeing what everybody was thinking right now

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey, Thompson got what could have easily been a top 10 guy (barring different circumstances last season) for the #16 pick. That's generally a good thing. I'd rather take the guy who fell out of the top 10 because he was injured last year (and apparently already recovered) than take a guy early based on production when he's already injured (like the Bills did with McGahee a while back.)

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 02:54 PM

Based on the draftboard from people that aren't personnel people for an NFL team. The same people criticized the Nick Collins and Greg Jennings picks the last two years--based on the expert's draft boards. I'm going to have to let this one play out. Seems like the picks that I overreacted to the most the last two years (the Rodgers' pick notwithstanding), ended up turning out well for us. Those were the Collins (didn't think he'd go that high) and Jennings picks (wanted Chad Jackson at the time).

Nobody wanted Jennings, now he looks like the better pick.

Nobody wanted Harrell......

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey, Thompson got what could have easily been a top 10 guy (barring different circumstances last season) for the #16 pick. That's generally a good thing. I'd rather take the guy who fell out of the top 10 because he was injured last year (and apparently already recovered) than take a guy early based on production when he's already injured (like the Bills did with McGahee a while back.)

True, see this is what i wanted to figure out, basically what everyones feelings on this was.

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Thompson has shown himself to be pretty good at the draft. Really, the only draft pick you could say was an out and out mistake was the TCU KR last year, but according to everything pretty much anybody knew the day of the draft, it wasn't that questionable a pick. The thing about Thompson is that he sees different things than the ESPN, NFLN, and Fans do when evaluating players. He certainly doesn't see the wrong things, because he's picked a bunch of guys (who weren't getting talked about) who turned out to be pretty darn good value.

Packgator
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
""Should TT be fired?""

For what? What did he do? Was he caught with an intern or something?

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 06:46 PM
""Should TT be fired?""

For what? What did he do? Was he caught with an intern or something?That actually might help his rep. :P

BallHawk
04-28-2007, 07:15 PM
""Should TT be fired?""

For what? What did he do? Was he caught with an intern or something?That actually might help his rep. :P

LOL. :D :D :D

Tony Oday
04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Yup fire him!!

Are you serious? Or just drunk?

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 07:31 PM
WHY??????????

cheesner
04-28-2007, 11:58 PM
""Should TT be fired?""

assuming the intern was female

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 05:51 AM
I think you need to be fired, because you are..... O.K. I am thinking of the non adults that are reading this....need to stop here.

TT is probably the best thing to happen to the Pack since Favre and Reggie.

None of us knew Colledge or Jennings (for example) till TT drafted them. None of us know this draft class yet, but from the film on Youtube and the interviews, I'd say, we got 4 new Packers today.

We got FOUR PACKERS!

These guys will be with us at least the next 4 years. They have my loyalty, as does TT.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 07:39 AM
""Should TT be fired?""

assuming the intern was female

Ouch! :oops:

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I think you need to be fired, because you are..... O.K. I am thinking of the non adults that are reading this....need to stop here.

TT is probably the best thing to happen to the Pack since Favre and Reggie.

None of us knew Colledge or Jennings (for example) till TT drafted them. None of us know this draft class yet, but from the film on Youtube and the interviews, I'd say, we got 4 new Packers today.

We got FOUR PACKERS!

These guys will be with us at least the next 4 years. They have my loyalty, as does TT.

You have a lot of faith Tarlem; to me TT is an unproven executive with two years of experience. I dont' see any guarantee that those first four picks will be great or terrible. Up to this point his first draft was average at best and his second draft looks to be wonderful. But in Colledge and Jennings, it's not like TT discovered these guys; they were both highly rated.

He needs to bring me a championship before I annoint him with greatness

Fritz
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't know Bretsky - maybe you followed things more closely than I did last year, but I don't recall Colledge as being that highly rated. I don't know that anyone's anointing TT, but he does appear to know what he's doing, and he's staying true to his board, apparenty.

I'm willing to give the guy two more seasons to see if he's doing the job or not. If the Pack isn't at least a 10-6 kind of team in 2008, then I'd say it's time to seriously consider where the team is, but until TT gets to have a few draft picks play for three or four years, so we can see how they pan out, it's too early to scorch the guy. I'm nolt thrilled with the names we have from the first day, but they are just names. Do you or I really know that Antonio Pittman is a better back for Green Bay than Brandon Jackson?

Having said that, I understand the frustration. Aaron Rouse sounds like a stiff, and James Jones - wtf?? But I'm going to wait and see.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Colledge had a round 2-3 grade last year; every team knew about him.

I don't mind Rouse; if we don't get Moss I'm not fond of the WR there

But what the heck do I know :lol:

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm in the same wait and see boat as Fritz. Some of the guys bashing the picks becasue they didn't have visibility to our guys on their boards are lunatics. People take their mock drafts WAY too seriously.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 09:54 AM
College actually had a solid 2nd round grade last year, but you knew his rank was all over the board. Teams that played schemes like GB would have him ranked higher. Spitz was more like a 4th round grade.

wist43
04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
The more I look at Harrell, the more I like him... and Jackson has a chance.

The other two picks are head scratchers and don't seem to improve the team whatsoever.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
You have a lot of faith Tarlem; ()But in Colledge and Jennings, it's not like TT discovered these guys; they were both highly rated.

He needs to bring me a championship before I annoint him with greatness

You're right, I do.

College and Jennings were highly rated? Boy, I wish someone would dig up last year's draft thread, 'cause IIRC, no one knew rightly what kind of guys TT had just selected.

A lot of detective work by fellow rats helped us understand.

I only annoint TT with greatness, because we are not in cap hell, he deals with renegades quietly and efficiently these days (he learned a lot from the Walker debacle, whereas Shermy learned little from MM) and he sticks with his board.

I think he has his scouts briefed better and he is a 100% improvement over what we had. Did he draft the next Favre with A-Rod? Is Harrell worthy of once wearing the #92 at Tennessee? Probably, NO WAY. Wait and see.

But that's not what you were asking or suggesting. I just promted the question before it came up.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Last year's draft thread. It's on page 3 right now.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=790

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Last year's draft thread. It's on page 3 right now.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=790

Wow, we've already smashed those 115 pages and we're still in round 4!

Joemailman
04-29-2007, 10:50 PM
The more I look at Harrell, the more I like him... and Jackson has a chance.

The other two picks are head scratchers and don't seem to improve the team whatsoever.

Kinda thought you'd eventually like the Harrell pick Wist. Seems like your kind of guy.